Features

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Lizzy
Is she coming or going?

Features

Post by Lizzy »

I was thinking, why not have more features to the forum if its ok with everyone or if its possible.

I've looked on other forums and they've had small features like showing there age under there avatar and able to have a custom title after a certain amount of post (the highest title being Acolyte on this forum and nothing else more). Theres also birthday features that shows whose birthday it is on the bottom of the forum page (pointless but still a feature). Theres also many other features that could be considered, not sure if its possible to make custom ones.

I'm sorry if this is asking for too much but still it would nice to have such features.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

In all honesty, we don't need more than we already have.
There is also the fact that each feature doesn't just create more work for installing it, but also maintaining it through each general forum patch, which becomes a rather large problem after a couple patches.

We do allow custom titles on request, provided they are reasonable, you can make requests in the forum issues section.
Lizzy
Is she coming or going?

Post by Lizzy »

Oh ok, i didn't know such a thing can cause such problems. I wouldn't mind a custom title though, i could ask in the forum issues section or would it be easier to PM you the requested title.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

As there is more than one person that can do custom titles, it should be on in the forum issues section
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

transfusion is not the OMG CONSOLE RPG forums. It serves it's purpose perfectly. It does not need to be "prettier" or "improved".

anyway, features would be lost in every phpbb upgrade, so why bother.
Lizzy
Is she coming or going?

Post by Lizzy »

I never said transfusion needed to be improved, yes i now know theres no point to add the features, it was only a suggestion.

no need to be angry :( .
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

Guys, I don't like what I'm reading. None of these responses welcome any kind of input nor show any kind of appreciation.

As far as I can tell, Lizzy came up with a suggestion. She did not order anyone to do anything, nor did she invite anyone to take knocks at her peronalized post appearence.

At this rate, we'll be driving new members away... Is that what we want?

:phantasm:
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

my eyes are bleeding... pINk
Lizzy
Is she coming or going?

Post by Lizzy »

Thanks Ra_Ra_Gazaa, i didn't order anyone to do anything, yes it was only a suggestion and if people disapprove that's fine, as for my appearance, well you'll get used to it.

Color differences:

This is pink.

This is purple.
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

Ra_Ra_Gazaa wrote:At this rate, we'll be driving new members away... Is that what we want?
If that means having more relevant Blood discussion in the forums, then i'm all for it.
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

CheapAlert wrote:If that means having more relevant Blood discussion in the forums, then i'm all for it.
If you want "more relevant Blood discussion", then I'd suggest you browse General Blood section, not General Chat. :)
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

Ra_Ra_Gazaa :Yep, general chat doesnt need to be Blood specific, just by Bloodites!

Lizzy: the purple rocks!!

And look for my request for a title - when i come up with something good :D

Also, is it just me, or are these forums being taken a bit more seriuosly these-days?

(this is not meant as insult or anything like that, just an observation)
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

Deep Purple rocks! Oh yeah!! (I need a guitar wailing smiley, asap).