Blood Addon: The Carnage Continues

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

DOOMLancelot

Post by DOOMLancelot »

I figured out how to get VDMSound to work with this and here are the steps:

1. Do every step of BuildXP for BLOOD at http://buildxp.deathmask.net/ then follow the rest of these steps.

2. Make a copy of the pre-configured VDMSound shortcut for BLOOD and rename the copy you made to Blood Carnage.

3. Right-click on Blood Carnage and click Properties.

4. On the VDMSound tab, click Change... next to the DOS command line.

5. Next to the Program box, click the three dots(...) and BLOOD should be in C:/Games/Blood/(or whatever letter your hard drive is). Go there, click on CARNAGE, and click Open. Backspace EVERYTHING in the Arguments box. Click OK. Click Apply in the Properties window. Close the window.

5. You're ready to play! Just double-click the Blood Carnage shortcut, let it run and have fun! :D
DOOMLancelot

Post by DOOMLancelot »

For some reason, I can't login even though, I've had my login activated but it still won't let me so I can't edit what I said up there ^. Anyways, those are the instructions for getting Harry's Blood 1 add-on called The Carnage Continues to work with VDMSound.
Harry
Cultist

Post by Harry »

Thanks DoomLancelot. I hope there were no issues with the cutscenes as well.

Incidentally, I should try to contact Ben Smit (Proasm) who made the launcher for TCC to see if we can get some bug fixes, but I have trouble locating his email id.

BTW Has anyone actually played the last level in TCC ie the Pyramid? I realise its quite frustrating on the puzzle front but was the atmosphere nice?
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Harry wrote:Thanks DoomLancelot. I hope there were no issues with the cutscenes as well.

Incidentally, I should try to contact Ben Smit (Proasm) who made the launcher for TCC to see if we can get some bug fixes, but I have trouble locating his email id.

BTW Has anyone actually played the last level in TCC ie the Pyramid? I realise its quite frustrating on the puzzle front but was the atmosphere nice?
I played it. That's some really fantastic atmosphere Harry and the art was very nice! It's an untouched theme in Blood and was very welcome. That map before it was unheard of as well. Happy, chirping birds.. Another really cool level with a special atmosphere. Now, make more maps
Harry
Cultist

Post by Harry »

Thanks wangho. I'm really glad you noticed. :)
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Harry wrote:Thanks wangho. I'm really glad you noticed. :)
However, that first level p*** me off. I didn't know what to do in that underwater part at the very beginning with the gill-beasts, grr
Harry
Cultist

Post by Harry »

Last Level / Pyramid walkthrough for those who have little or no patience,

This level can be done in other sequences and would take some exploration to figure out (hence the atmosphere). Given below (highlight to read) is the optimal path,

------------------------------------------------

Enter the hole at the dig site. Grab the shotgun. At the main entrance, you will notice two 'eye' buttons on the floor, each of them opening one segment of the bars ahead. Stand very close to the bars, turn around and look up to see a switch. Shoot it and the button in front moves closer. You can now operate both buttons quickly to open both segments of the bars. Run from button 1 to 2 and through the opening quickly or you'll be crushed.

Now, the main objective is to throw four primary switches located around a central area
(not found yet).

Once inside, go right and grab some spray cans behind the big block in the dark room. From here, proceed to the chamber where there are 4 bundles of dynamite surrounding a small pyre. Throw a bundle into the pyre and watch it catch fire! This will also act as our central point. A passage will open (hear it) in the corner of the chamber on the right (near the slanted wall).

Go through the passage and eventually to the chamber with the big mummified body and take note of the sealed passage (Call it SP1) on the left. Proceed straight until you enter the chamber with a monster face (Call it M1) which says "Give me a sacrifice". Thats exactly what we need to do but first, we'll need the skull key for it.

The chamber opposite the one with the monster face holds the skull key. Proceed to get it but fall through a trap door, into a chamber which floods and tries to drown you. Shoot the tile on the ground which looks out of place and enter the pathway and rise out. You have entered the Skull key chamber from behind. Grab the skull key and proceed back to the burning pyre area.

Now, go down the stairs near the slanted wall and right and ahead till you reach a ladder. Climb up and proceed until you see a bunch of zombies locked up inside a chamber. Call this sector Z. On the right of that chamber is a small entrance which you need to duck into and enter a sacrificial chamber. Don't go there yet.

Instead, go to the passage on the right and straight until you find two passages on the left and right. Go right first and operate the skull switch (3 more to go). Now go back and go to the left passage which ends up in a room with a big block on the centre. Climb on to that block and hit use and it will elevate you to the second floor. Jump across into the entrance and duck into the small passage and enter a chamber with a big door. Grab the box of dynamite and throw a bundle on the door to open it. Proceed inside till you see a jump pad.

However, the jump pad is locked although the unlock switch is close by, on the left side. However, once you unlock it, the jump pad will be surrounded with a wall fence, which kinda forms a "well" with the jump-pad in the centre. You'll now need to access this jump pad by jumping into it from the top. We'll get to this eventually. Go back to the sector Z and enter the sacrificial chamber.

Go across to the switch (which needs the skull key) and operate it. You will notice that the Zombies are now in position, standing directly above a sacrificial pool of magma. After a few sparks, you'll also hear an explosion which has just made your entry into SP1 near the mummified body you saw first. Go back to the top of the ladder and peek right into the chamber with a skull switch which overlooks the sacrificial area to notice that it is now accesible from the right.

Go back to SP1 and access this area. Hit the skull switch to drop the Zombies into the pool and make the "sacrifice". Sacrifice done, you can access the area with the monster head (M1) which has now opened up. Go inside and proceed ahead to notice a brown Phantasm statue. Shoot it or go behind it to a chamber with a skull switch. Hit the switch. Only 2 more to go. Now, go opposite the Phantasm statue and notice the crushing walls. While it may look impossible at first, correct timing can get you across the 3 crushing walls easily. Go through them and on the right, throw the skull switch and climb up the ladder. Jump across and proceed forward. Jump down into the lower chamber and throw the Skull switch. Only 1 more to go.

Climb up using the ladder and climb up the stairs. Notice a set of areas (Call them D) on the left of the stairs. You'll need to come here later. Up the stairs and notice a downward slope on the right. The door at the end needs the Spider key. So instead of going there, proceed straight ahead and then left and left again until you encounter the dagger key. The doors in front of the dagger key are closed but the button on the bottom-left chamber will open it. Grab the dagger key and go back to the areas on the right of the stairs ie sector D. Go inside and go behind a wall with the walltorch on it and hit the switch. Then go to the "door with a pillar" near the dagger key sign and 'use' the wall/pillar to open it. Go inside and proceed all the way up until you see a switch and operate it. The doors near where the dagger key was, will now open. Proceed back there.

Once there, you should notice that you now overlook the jump pad. Grab the invulnerability deathmask (otherwise, the jump will kill you) or if you've wasted one, go into the room on the right to hit a switch and generate another. Save here. Now, carefully jump into the jump-pad 'well' from top. Face right (right of the passage you jumped from) and 'use' the jump pad to propel yourself upwards and keep your forward button pressed down. You should jump on to a chamber on the top. 'Use' the wall/door and chamber will open.

You will notice some mirrors, some TNT barrels on the right, a statue of tchernobog on the left and a crack in the wall which blocks an area with a switch, which cannot be opened by your weapons. Perhaps tchernobog can help? You will also notice a crack on the top of the room. Shoot it or blow it up to make a hole in the ceiling. A ray of light will come down, get reflected by the mirrors and awaken Tchernobog! Stand near the wall crack until Tchernobog fires at you, opening up the wall crack!

Now, you can kill him. Once you do that, go inside the chamber and hit the switch. A small window will open behind you and by jumping, you can notice a bright yellow thingie behind it. You cannot jump through the window directly. To do this, go to the TNT barrels. Duck and use your pitchfork to hit them and move them near the window. Once this is done, jump on to the barrel and then into the window into the chamber with the glowing yellow thingie. 'Use' the thingie and a portal opens. Go through the portal and you'll be taken to the Spider key and the beginning of the level. Battle your way back to the door which requires the spider key. Go through and hit the last and final switch at the main chamber.

A door will open and follow the river passage till the level end switch.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

well hey, since you're not making any more levels nad it'd be a shame to waste your knowledge of mapedit, how's about helping me get a few things working in my map? I have a problem with triggering certain events and im not even sure if some of the things I want done can be done.
DOOMLancelot

Post by DOOMLancelot »

Harry wrote:Thanks DoomLancelot. I hope there were no issues with the cutscenes as well.

Well, I did have one problem where coming back to the first elevator later on and pressing the switch for it crashes the game.....So, use the no clipping cheat for that which is eva galli
Harry
Cultist

Post by Harry »

Has anyone tried TCC with One Whole Unit blood or the Plasma Pak? Does it work decently?

Post by Guest »

Hi.

I'm stuck on the third level of TCC, i'm in the room where you can see through the window one of the keys, but i have no idea how to get there.
Harry
Cultist

Post by Harry »

Anonymous wrote:Hi.

I'm stuck on the third level of TCC, i'm in the room where you can see through the window one of the keys, but i have no idea how to get there.
Highlight to read,

From the starting point in the level, go straight and then right (dont take the bridge) into a compartment with exhaust fans. Near this, there will be an entrance into another room through which you can see a huge exhaust fan in the right side (wall). Go to the "out of order" platform in front and jump across to access the other side of the mentioned exhaust fan. Proceed till you reach the bowels of a Volcano. Look down to see a jump pad and a deathmask. Save here. Jump onto the deathmask and hit 'use' on the jump pad to propel yourself upwards and out of the volcano. This can be a bit tricky.

On the surface, look around till you find a truck with the Fire eye. Go down the rail slope and open the enterance back into the mine. Go to your starting point of the level. Behind the starting point is a big lit door which you have to use the fire key to open. Open the door, negotiate the swamp till you get the skull key in the cabin.

Now go to the door which connects the mine and surface. Go straight down and through till you reach the train (the place you saw the "window" through which you can see the eye key). Open the door next to the train with the skull key. Destroy the blocking metal slabs and bring the box to you using the switch. Jump onto the box and go across the pit. Grab the eye key and go back to the train. Now 'use' the detonator near the train and the path will be cleared. Go inside the train and hit the switch.

Post by Guest »

Harry wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Hi.

Highlight to read,

From the starting point in the level, go straight and then right (dont take the bridge) into a compartment with exhaust fans. Near this, there will be an entrance into another room through which you can see a huge exhaust fan in the right side (wall). Go to the "out of order" platform in front and jump across to access the other side of the mentioned exhaust fan. Proceed till you reach the bowels of a Volcano. Look down to see a jump pad and a deathmask. Save here. Jump onto the deathmask and hit 'use' on the jump pad to propel yourself upwards and out of the volcano. This can be a bit tricky.

On the surface, look around till you find a truck with the Fire eye. Go down the rail slope and open the enterance back into the mine. Go to your starting point of the level. Behind the starting point is a big lit door which you have to use the fire key to open. Open the door, negotiate the swamp till you get the skull key in the cabin.

Now go to the door which connects the mine and surface. Go straight down and through till you reach the train (the place you saw the "window" through which you can see the eye key). Open the door next to the train with the skull key. Destroy the blocking metal slabs and bring the box to you using the switch. Jump onto the box and go across the pit. Grab the eye key and go back to the train. Now 'use' the detonator near the train and the path will be cleared. Go inside the train and hit the switch.

Thanks, I'll try it next weekend.
DOOMLancelot

Passwords?

Post by DOOMLancelot »

Alright Harry, I think you should just tell everyone the episode passwords because not many people can get cutscenes to work and I haven't seen the passwords in the game without them....
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Just to let ppl know i've re uploaded my Purgatory addon with a time saving batch launch file