Blood: Fresh Supply

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

VGames
Acolyte

Re: Blood: Fresh Supply

Post by VGames »

All weapons have 3 to 4 fire modes now and the flaregun, shotgun, and tommygun can be dual wielded permanently now. The spray can has been replaced with a flamethrower that leaves real fire behind that does damage over time. Actually all projectiles that should leave fire behind leaves fire behind on impact. Expect the ability to summon demons to kill for you and the ability to go into beast mode for a short period of time to be available very soon.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

8)

Just read up on the amazing Kex engine, can't wait to see what you do with it! :guns: 8) !! :gargoyle: !!!
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

I’ll make a page for it at ModDB soon. Then u can see what all I’ve done so far.

And just so u know I haven’t forgotten about the Circus of Blood. It’m just having a lot more fun with BFS.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Funny you should mention COB. After moving on from the project, my laptop/pseudorig fell into disuse. It's only nightdive's blood supply that has forced me to cast a longing glace in the direction of the little used closet where those items reside. Several DOSbox poisonings, Android, and old age have conspired to smother my gaming experience. Hopefully your continuezation of COB and a fresh supply will get the circulation pumping again.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

N0t_mINe wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 05:34 am Funny you should mention COB. After moving on from the project, my laptop/pseudorig fell into disuse. It's only nightdive's blood supply that has forced me to cast a longing glace in the direction of the little used closet where those items reside. Several DOSbox poisonings, Android, and old age have conspired to smother my gaming experience. Hopefully your continuezation of COB and a fresh supply will get the circulation pumping again.
Ill keep at it. I intend on releasing it too in the future. It's just that with COB I'm merely replacing and jerry rigging things to look like Blood 2. With BFS I'm actually creating and adding new content to the game. It's a lot more fun.
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

I played a little bit of Fresh Supply. It's fun, with maybe a few odd things in its mechanics. I wish that Nightdive would've allowed for Fresh Supply to have more save slots than the original. I'm one of those players who likes to save his progress after each level, especially after getting all the secrets or beating a level on hard. Is it too much to ask to have unlimited save slots in a remaster of a classic game? I've noticed that some engine ports, like ZDoom and GZDoom, allow for more save slots, while EDuke and Dark Places still opts for limited save slots like the original. I wonder if Nightdive would be open to suggestions for increasing save slots.

It would also be nice to have an option to change between soundtracks for the DOS original and Cryptic Passage.

Unfortunately, though Fresh Supply supposedly can play mods, it's not compatible with many old mods. Sect War included. But I really hope that with the benefits the of Kex Engine, modders can be able to develop Blood mods of the likes the world has never seen before. I'm curious what you guys can come up with on Fresh Supply.
VGames wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 08:35 pmIll keep at it. I intend on releasing it too in the future. It's just that with COB I'm merely replacing and jerry rigging things to look like Blood 2. With BFS I'm actually creating and adding new content to the game. It's a lot more fun.
I'm very eager to see what new content you've been creative, my lord VGames. Sounds like Fresh Supply has already done a lot of wonders.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

On the off chance anyone missed it, Civvie 11 posted his Pro Blood video on Cryptic Passage using Fresh Supply:

In it he notes the damage system is still a little wonky and the collision detection has its quirks, but overall is staying positive.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

@ BEAST - Thank u my good man. I’ve gotten a lot done with BFS so far. It’s very versatile when it comes to modding. Demon mode is already in place. Yes the beast mode that was originally scrapped. Except I call it demon mode. We got realistic fire effects, actual bullet projectiles from cultists, even more fire modes for all the weapons, real dual wielding capabilities, regenerating ammo for the life leech and voodoo doll. Lots of new content. And it’s all being designed to work well with vanilla Blood maps to feel as natural as possible.
asaone7
Rat

Post by asaone7 »

So, with the most recent update patch, NDS also implied Blood Fresh Supply will no longer be supported. With several bugs and other issues still not addressed, and new ones introduced with the latest patch, support for the game has ended. NDS said any further changes with the game goes through Atari, which essentially means a middle finger to anyone who wants to see more improvements. Even the engine's creator, Kaiser, told people on discord to give up on FS and go with NBlood.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

The game code has proven highly modifiable. Extra crispy has already altered enemy projectile speed for the hit scanner cultist, added a woo mode for the flare gun, Tommy and added new weapon slots. Anything that isn't engine side can be manipulated.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

asaone7 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 06:35 pm So, with the most recent update patch, NDS also implied Blood Fresh Supply will no longer be supported. With several bugs and other issues still not addressed, and new ones introduced with the latest patch, support for the game has ended. NDS said any further changes with the game goes through Atari, which essentially means a middle finger to anyone who wants to see more improvements. Even the engine's creator, Kaiser, told people on discord to give up on FS and go with NBlood.
This is false. The game will still be patched. Talked with many NDS reps on their Discord. It's still gonna be patched just at a slower rate. Kaiser can be misleading sometimes. He's not the only guy that works on the games made with his KEX engine.
asaone7
Rat

Post by asaone7 »

Wow, haven't been here in forever and had no idea I was quoted.

So VGames, what I said was false and Blood Fresh Supply was stated to still be patched, huh? How'd that work out? It was what, since before I even made that post that there was the last patch, and now we're pretty much 4 years removed.