...The Circus of Blood...

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Re: Lithtech is a dead end. I'm going to inflict this on you anyway.

Post by N0t_mINe »

:oops:
It was early to be posting these pics, I know, but I felt like everyone needed to see that b2 textures can work in kpc without too much trouble I.e. they're not all evil. The models still need polishing of course, a little scaling here, a transition there, but they do work pretty much as you'd expect them too, or at least as well as Kiss weapons are expected work, minus the alt-fires and what not.

We have a lot of choices when it comes to bullets and missile streaks thanks to kpc's generous glow mapping, or we can go old school with Normandy's m42 machine gun. It's a smorgasbord of FX to use.

VGames:
I do like several of Crispy's skins and was already eyeing the Gideon sign for a prowler ad replacement (duce gasoline?). Circus of Blood sounds perfect :guns:

Crispy textures worked perfectly in Iwo Jima, which was a 32 bit game. I'll explore more skins from your project in the future. What I really would like are the glow mapped skins from multiplayer b2 (just the eyes/face) combined with the standard crispy player model skins, That would look awesome! :gargoyle:
VGames
Acolyte

Re: ...The Circus of Blood...

Post by VGames »

Didn't you say something about map textures not being able to be ported from B2 to KPC? If this is the case then we should probably stick to the B2 stock content. Because it would look bad if the models skins were extra crispy but the world was not. Or has this problem with map textures changed? I could just go through the KPC map textures and sharpen them up to meet the EC standards. That might be best. Wouldn't hurt to keep the KPC map textures as they are but with extra sharpness. Maybe change a few of them here and there to give it more of that B2 look? Would cut down on our work load.

I'll be buying KPC today so I'm gonna try and do some work this weekend. I want to tackle the weapons if you don't mind. Maybe I can do weapons and you can do monsters/characters? After the weapons I want to take care of the HUD and start replacing sounds/music as much as possible.

Could you share any info I might need to make the B2 skins work correctly with KPC?

One more thing. Have you thought about replacing the headless with Shikari? I mentioned using gremlins in place of the headless since you said it looked weird when SD jumped out of boxes, but the gremlins look too goofy to be seen over and over again. Shikari would probably work better. They're low to the ground and have jumping animations already.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Pm.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Might start another topic with this, but it's close enough subject wise I suppose.

3rdplayer has put together an excellent gaming site and is packing it to the gills with new dedit tutorials, mainly for shogo.

https://3rdplayer.com
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Note, this is only a test. It's been a few years since I last uploaded to YouTube. Weapons are from VGames.

More later
zZaRDoZz
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Well that looked pretty dang good. I'm only seeing the weapon side of this project right now so seeing them in action with the B2 monsters is pretty cool. They come apart nicely too. Good job on your end. Let's keep this momentum going.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

How does everyone feel about mini Calebs?
The strutter has no tag for a weapons model, but uses a shot gun blast for an attack. There is one b2 model that has the gun built in, that's the old Caleb model.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

What would the mini Caleb's be used for?

About the strutter. I think we should leave it alone. I really don't want other Calebs running around fighting the player. If there are monsters that B2 doesn't have a compatible enemy to replace it with, then let's just leave it alone. I don't think it would hurt anything. This is the Circus of Blood so using some monsters from KPC wouldn't hurt. I think if we get all the weapons, characters, pickups, menus, hud, and sounds taken care of with 100% B2 content a few monsters from KPC won't matter at all. Focus on monsters that can be easily taken care of first. Plus the strutter is a monster and monsters are very B2. So it fits.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Please stand by...
The following transmission is only a test...
Testing in 5...4...3...2...1...

N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Again, we ask you to please stand by.
This transmission is also a test
Testing in 5...4...3...

VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

They both look great.

Why did you replace the skulls sitting on the floor with Third Law symbols? That's got to be temporary right? The skulls need to stay.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Mm... The third law symbol is the default model in the game. It's what the engine puts in place when it can't find a model it's looking for, or in this case, doesn't like the ABC model with no bounding box that I used.

This was only a test....
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Oh I see. You're still using the demo. In the full game those symbols are skulls. I figured something was going on. Didn't think you'd actually swap the skulls for the symbols. Enemies look good.

Is there any way we can change the names of the monsters displayed below them when they're first introduced? Like change the Arachniclown name to Zealot?
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Update:

Hello blood fans :gargoyle:

We have a good friend and modder taking over the driver's seat for the full version of Circus of Blood.
VGames will be focused on using the retail version of Kiss Psycho Circus, squeezing as much Blood-like game play out of that already juicy title as possible. What can I say, VGame's ability to trouble shoot issues, his incredible productivity levels (he's running circles around me!!!) make him the obvious choice for this continuing experiment!

*Dawn's elbow-length black rubber gloves*

The videos linked to in the thread ubove are from my earlier project (Vgames did the weapons) using the Kiss demo, this version will live on a little longer as a tech demo/ issue catcher for VGame's future work. :guns:

So stay tuned !
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

Good going, N0t_mINe! And praise be to the bloody master VGames! I look forward to see where your Blood-y experiment shall lead!

I never got to play Psycho Circus, but I did check out video walkthroughs of the game. I'm glad that the engine for KISS: PC has some flexibility to it. I'm curious what other Blood-y things can be put into the Circus.

Just to show my support, here's a signature song from KISS themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWIW6Ti0PbE

PS: Sorry. I can't get the Youtube option to work. It just refuses to show itself as a video.