Blood Evolution

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

VGames
Acolyte

Blood Evolution

Post by VGames »

New Blood Remake using UE4.

http://www.moddb.com/games/blood-evolution
Caleb88
Cultist

Re: Blood Evolution

Post by Caleb88 »

A new Blood using UE4? :guns:

Dear Santa...
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

This seems to be done by at least one of the people who was trying to do the same thing on the Source engine a few years back. I would not get your hopes up too high.

Still, he did say that he was open to expanding the amount of supported platforms later on to include more of what UE4 supports, so that is my interest in the whole thing raised somewhat. I am so glad that the UDK has been deprecated now in favour of something properly cross-platform...
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

My hopes are not up at all. I remember that source blood game that went nowhere. If this guy doesn't have a proper team working on this then it wont get done. I hate to say it but its too much for one guy.
Caleb88
Cultist

Post by Caleb88 »

What we would need is a young motivated developer team, a cool game engine and about 3 million dollars to pay everything. The new wolfenstein was made this way.
but as average people with jobs, families, problems and not enough free time its very hard to make a whole game.
:?
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Caleb88 wrote:What we would need is a young motivated developer team, a cool game engine and about 3 million dollars to pay everything.
I think having the official backing of both Monolith Productions and Atari would also be a big plus. :|
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Caleb88 wrote: but as average people with jobs, families, problems and not enough free time its very hard to make a whole game.
:?
My thoughts exactly.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

If i had a dollar for every Blood remake project that never went anywhere I could fund every future Blood remake project that never goes anywhere :D
Edmond Dantes
Axe Zombie

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Tchernobog wrote:This seems to be done by at least one of the people who was trying to do the same thing on the Source engine a few years back.
So does this imply that Blood has been out-Sourced? ;)
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Yeah outsourced. Don't call for tech support, they'll never really give you the right answer.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

Blood is one of those games that still survives due to the occasional fan projects to breath new life to the series. Some may not be successful but I admire the devotion. Sheer unwillingness to not give up on the game is a trait I noticed about this fanbase.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Yeah even if a project isn't finished it still adds fuel to the fire of the next project that's started. One day a great remake will happen. Its inevitable.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

VGames wrote:Yeah even if a project isn't finished it still adds fuel to the fire of the next project that's started. One day a great remake will happen. Its inevitable.
I wonder what will be the next "Transfusion" for Blood? TF was one of the biggest fan projects for Blood ever made and it got alot of attention. Hell, even Monolith give it a go ahead. Time will tell I guess but times have also changed too.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

I'm pretty sure it'll get done eventually. Transfusion was on the right path but lost steam. Eventually someone will see it through to the end.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »