Moderator: General Discussion Moderators
This is his old email, I'm not sure if he uses it anymore.....
Here's some features (copied from his updates Page...)
- DarkAct lives on... "A dimension of pure Chaos.... pure Evil"
- Good update to the AI which seems to work much better. They can fire at your head and limbs specifically now whereas before even if they saw your heads or arms they would still try to fire at your body - this resulted in them standing there aiming but not shooting even though they should have been.
- Removed all code to do with the Scanner Inventory item I had 90% completed. It worked OK but was just too slow and caused far too much lag. After removing the code for this uncompleted item, the game seem much more stable - there must have been a bug there somewhere but I did'nt spot it.
- JoeV - tried to reply to your email but your mail server (go-ctg.com) returns my emails.... (undeliverable)
- Yes, I am still updating the site, all be it in a much reduced-styl-e. Although the release of DarkAct 1.84 is still a way away, I'm just putting up this note to reassure anybody who still plays Blood2 that it WILL be finished sometime!! There are no more new features going into the current version, and the Client is all finished. However, I have a LOT of changes to do to the Server to bring it into line with the latest client version. This is not going to be done soon - work, and Diablo 2 still uses up all of my time. Thanks for your continued interest - guzz.
- Added Player Character speech in multiplayer games - "got a kill" quotes and pain sounds.
- Fixed the problem with the Player Characters' corpses bounding box being at the original character height. This meant you couldn't shoot over your old corpse as the bounding box was set as though the corpse was still stood up.
- Removed the movement from dropped weapons - they will only drop straight down now.
- Fixed a bug with the Zealot getting stuck in a Healing spell loop.
- Added Mic's, BloodFeud conversion of his level BB_Vision to the levels page.
- Updates to the Multiplayer Wizard: Moved the new Use Multiplayer Damage Boost setting to the Damage Settings page. Added a new wizard page for BloodFeud options and moved these options from the DarkAct options page. Added a new version of the DarkAct logo and did some fine tuning of the control positions. Screenshot links: DarkAct Options page, BloodFeud Options page, Modified Damage Settings page.
- I still have the Diablo2 bug... so not much is getting done on DarkAct at the moment, check out PlanetDiablo for more info on this utterly addictive game - a worthy sequel to Diablo.
- Mic, from the Battlegrounds has made a BloodFeud conversion of the Soccer level 'Fun With Heads'... you can download it from the levels page.
- Regular visitors will have noticed I havent done as many updates lately... I have been very busy but am still comitted to DarkAct and the other projects I am working on. Thanks to everyone who has sent encouraging emails over the last few months - I've received many good suggestions and ideas, so when I've flushed out the last few bugs from V1.84 I'll be incorporating some of these to give Blood2 some more lifetime. Credit will be given for any included ideas (thanks dudes - you know who you are!).
- In the meantime, I have decided to release the .ED files for the currently released BloodFeud maps. Download all six (Bunker, BunkerV2, BunkerV3, BunkerV4, DrudgeAttack and GardenMaze) in one handy zip.
- Moved the older updates to another page.
- Lie-Flat Weapons V1.3 now available.
- New V1.84 screenshots added.
- Return of the 'Grey' Robed Cultist!! Screenshots coming soon...
- Enabled Player sounds in Multiplayer games.
- Implemented a fix for when dropped Weapon models get stuck and dont ever spawn a weapon powerup, they are removed after 5 seconds.
- Added more AI reactions to gunfire sounds.
- Fixed Prophet firing so they can use the Alt-Fire on all weapons (except Sniper Rifle).
- Added Alt-Fire firing for Rank 1(White) Fanatics on all weapons (except Sniper Rifle).
- Changed the way AI sounds are limited (fixes problems with limiting non-idle AI sounds).
- Fixed problems with the model string keys not playing all available sounds... lots of new (but already installed with b2) sounds are now audible!!
- Added Limb-Gibs... when a limb is severed, it might get blasted into gibs.
- Fixed possible bug with gib bouncing sound effects.
- Changed Client-side gibs (flesh chunks) and Server-side gibs (limbs) movements.
- Fixed problem with the Chosen Comm showing 'old' Chosen still available after changing levels.
- Fixed possible crash with conflicting command-keys.
- Small AI modification to help them keep after you.
- Reduced the extra AI weapon spread as they did'nt hit you enough...
- Lie-Flat weapons update: Hand-held Life Leech model now at the correct rotation. Removed keycards as they fell through the world sometimes (new version soon).
- Added Extra un-used Gibs. Fixed problems with the different types of gibs not used.
- Fixed problems with the different types of impacts/impact sounds not used.
- Added two more Multiplayer Flags.
- Fixed a nasty While(0) loop which may have been causing crashes.
- Added two new Fanatic types, using the existing White and Blue skins.
- Finally coded a better fix for the 'bouncing gibbed-head' bug. Kickable objects now check if the kicking character is dead or not.
- Changed hit-location damage modifiers. Headshots now more powerful, torso shots a lot weaker.
- Fixed Player Animations... see the Updates page for details, or see some screenshots on this page.
- OOPS, it seems I have made a mistake with the coding of the Cheat Disabling. This is now fixed so it works as it says it should in the ReadMe... but you will have to download V1.83 again. There is a new version on the server, using the same links on the Downloads page (this version is dated 3/4/00)
- DarkAct V1.83 Patch released. Available from the Downloads page. This is yet another update patch, so you must already have V1.8 installed. (Thanks to Lupo for some testing)
- New 1.83 patch BloodFeud map available from the Levels page.
- Bigger Spread on AI firing.
- V1.83 delayed. I've noticed a few bugs in Single Player that I want to correct before release.
- More Gibs and Bloodsplats.
- Single Player cheats disabled.
- Big update including the long-awaited fix to stop Projectiles passing through doors!
- More updates, including a fixed Singularity Gun.
- Anti-cheating measures! Check the updates page for details.
- More code updates, including Half-Life/Quake3 Bounce Pads!
- Added some new Tutorials on BloodFeud Mapping - get to them via the Levels page.
- Made a few updates.
- DarkAct V1.82 Patch released. Available from the Downloads page. Please make sure you read the ReadMe for instructions on how to configure the new command-keys properly. This is only another update patch, so you must already have V1.8 installed. (Thanks to Lupo for Internet-testing)
- Made a few more updates.
- Made a few more updates.
- Added a new site section for Levels, including a New BloodFeud Map.
- Made a few optimizations for Multiplayer.
- Added Bleeding Players.
- Added an extra HUD display: Ammo Usage Indicator. See the Updates page for details.
- Fixed some bugs...
- Extra keys now definable in the Options/Controls menu.
- Added TeamPlay Server Admin Options for Blood 2 Server.
- Added TeamPlay Server Admin Options. See the Updates page for details.
- DarkAct V1.81 Patch released. Available from the Downloads page. Check the patch ReadMe for further info or you can read it Online here. This is only an update patch, so you must already have V1.8 installed. (Thanks to WKYA-Undertaker for testing)
- For the fullest DarkAct experience I suggest trying my MiniHUD and Lie-Flat Weapons MOD's as well.
- Several people have requested a means to select which enemies you battle in BloodFeud, and more solutions to do with crashes. As an alternative to this, and to hopefully clear up some of the crashes, I've changed some of the enemies around and made three new versions of the Bunker map. These are the same map, but with some different enemy combinations. I've just played for an hour, two games per map without ANY crashes. Download by clicking Here.
- Getting crashes with DarkAct V1.8 ?? If you are emailing me about this, please include your machine specs, graphics card and sound card... and don't get too p*** off, it is free.
- I made a slight mistake in the ReadMe files, the latest patch (2.1) may be not be fully compatible with DarkAct after all. When running Blood2 (normally, without any custom REZ's), on the menu screen the version number should be V2.1.233 for Blood2 and V1.0.233 for Nightmares.
Here's a couple of tweaks that might help if you are getting BloodFeud crashes, I've played some games today without having any crashes.
1. Try turning Off Music in the Options/Audio menu - even though there's no music in the BloodFeud Bunker level, this should stop IMA initializing.
2. Try setting your Connection Speed to LAN (18) on the Multiplayer Wizard.
3. Try turning Off Extra Scoring on the BloodFeud options.
4. Try turning Off Extra Scoring Kill Messages on the BloodFeud options.
5. Check the current Version Number as above.
6. Don't play Single Player before playing BloodFeud.
7. Try not to use the Napalm Cannon too much (Smoke-Trail bug).
8. Try not to kill DrudgeLord's while another AI is shooting them, or just after they have fired.
9. Check your 3D sound setup for your soundcard is all OK and try turning 3D sound Off.
10. Try only playing 10 minute games - or turning Enemy AI's Drop Weapons Off. The maximum number of objects may be being surpassed by all the weapons that are dropped.
- DarkAct V1.8 released. Available from the Downloads page.
- Created a new HTML ReadMe file for DarkAct V1.8 Server, you can read it Online here.
- Note about DeathSkins: DeathSkins are done for all the Chosen characters but there are as yet NO DeathSkins for the alternative BloodBath skins (the Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Red Team and Blue Team varieties). I will release these as a seperate REZ when done (or with V1.9).
- Note about Fading Gibs: Although Gibs, etc. will now Fade-Out, they will still disappear if you reach the limit for that particular object type, as there has to be a finite limit. IE. you can still only have so many bullet cases lying around - fire more bullets and you will see the cases disappear instantly... wait a bit and you will see them fade-out instead.
- Fixed a few last minute bugs.
- Made some corrections and additions to the ReadMe file.
- Added the existing Custom Gibs per Chosen Character for Single and Multi-Player... Pocket-Contents.
- Added a Re-Do Last Order Key for the Chosen Communicator. Makes repeating orders far less hassle.
- Created a new HTML ReadMe file for Version 1.8, you can read it Online here.
- Turned off Touching when you are dead. This cures the bug where your gibbed head would bounce up and down.
- Fixed the bug with Chosen Buddies talking during cut-scenes.
- Made two new Title screens for Version 1.8.
- Fixed, improved and added some graphical effects.
- Finally got DeathSkins for ALL enemies AND Chosen characters. DeathSkins are now also applied to severed limbs. Chosen Characters Base Skins available!
- Hit Location and Limbloss (upon death) now works properly for Players - even in BloodBath!
- Modified Blood2 Server to include all the DarkAct options. I'll release standard Blood2 and Nightmares versions as usual when DA1.8 is released.
- Changed the way the Multiplayer Random Level Selection option works.
- Site re-design done.
- I'm still playtesting DarkAct V1.8... a few remaining bugs to sort out then it will be ready for release.
- More Code updates, including "Allow Akimbo" and "Start Akimbo" for Multiplayer games.
- Web site updates. Tidied the main page up a bit (this one) and put links above.
- A few new Coding updates on the Updates page - another bug corrected.
- New Multiplayer Gametype... BloodFeud. I played Aliens VS Predator Skirmish Game and liked it so much I had to make a Blood2 version! I've also made a new page for the Multiplayer Wizard with the new game options, and the previous DA options. Click Here to see some screenshots.
- Chosen Communicator Finished.
- New Feature... DeathSkins. I've also added some V1.8 Preview Screenshots, showing the Chosen Comm in action and some test DeathSkins.
- More Updates including a new Toggle Key for switching on/off Alternate-Hand Firing (Woo Mode).
- First update for a while. I've been having a break from programming, but now i'm back on the case... the Chosen Communicator is almost finished, then I will be taking time out to do some more on the Maim MOD by Illusions. After that I'll be back on track with my ideas that will make DarkAct come to life (or should that be "put to death" ??)
- Download problems? The zip file on my hard drive definately contains DA1.7 for blood2. I have re-uploaded it, so it should be OK again...
- DarkAct V1.7 released. Available from the DarkAct Downloads page. Check the Updates page for the latest changes and make sure to read the DarkAct 1.7 readme.txt file in the download Zip for more information.
- More Updates and some New Screenshots
- V1.7 Delayed. I have got a new feature that i think everyone will want to play, so i have decided to delay releasing DA V1.7 until i have got this working better - Prepare to play Blood2 as was originally intended with the other Chosen fighting at your side!!!
- More Updates including "Disarm Cabal Members".
- Got two new title screens, created by Tren. He has also done the much-needed modifications to the Assault Rifle and Beretta models, which will be included in the next release.
- More tweaks to Limbloss, AI and Hit Location.
- Coded a documented but previously uncoded feature - Shikari "Chest Burster".
- More Updates including "Alternate-Hand Akimbo Firing".
DemonPostalWrkr wrote:I was playing Blood 2 Nightmares with 1.8, just to see the difference between 1.8 and 1.83, and I noticed W was set to Woo mode, I figured out what it did shortly after I picked up sawed off akimbos. I keep discovering new things in the 1.8 like I shot off a cultists arms, and he keeps howling and backing away. Does anyone know where the creator of this mod is?
And by the way, when I played with that mod, I lost some of the physics. I could barely jump an inch off the ground, and my running was gone (it happened with another mod too) - Caleb is not a fat ass damnit! Seriously though... what gives?