NEW Singleplayer Levels for Blood 2

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

Congrats on the release but...

Where's the hotkey to adjust brightness? All of this darkness is giving me a headache. :cry:

:phantasm:
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

You may tweak your video card settings and restore to normal after finished playing.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I'm not sure there's a hotkey for it, but you could try and edit the gamma setting in Blood2's defaults.cfg file. It should be the 3rd one down (unless you changed something)

"Gamma" "1.000000"

Change that to something easier on the eyes.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

There is no hotkey, you can mess with the gamma setting like Dusty says though.
Zardoz
Fanatic

Post by Zardoz »

Ra Raa Gaza wrote:
Congrats on the release but...

Where's the hotkey to adjust brightness? All of this darkness is giving me a headache.

G... Gamers log 2100 hrs. I I ... knowthere's a... missaligned t-t-exture here somewhere but... but lack of light making... making search p-pointless *cough* *cough*

...I...I mustgo on... Gotta... find it towarn ... warn mapping world..

Collapses
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

Aw, Zardoz, don't be like that. :wink:

Anyway, I've finished the mod and I must say I'm quite pleased. The initial darkness was a problem for me, but that could be my video card settings? :shrug: It's strange Blood 2 doesn't have its own brightness/gamma setting.

Oh, also I didn't need to lay a bullet on Ishmael as he was quite happy to kill himself.

Roadhouse is a much better map, but was I meant to get the key simply by jumping? I have a feeling I skipped some of the level without knowing it...

All in all, it was great to see some new stuff for Blood 2.

Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

i liked the 3 maps
the last one was the longest and hard to find spots
nice job!!!
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Thanks,

In the second map, you shouldn't be able to jump to get the key, unless maybe you rocket-jumped or something. Anyway yes, you missed some of the upper floor of that map if you did.

In the first map, the fights seem to be random with Ishmael, sometimes he is a bugger to kill, sometimes he is a pushover, sometimes he kills himself if he gets too close to a pillar and fires his napalm. All in all, in the end he is dead and to me the only good Ishmael is a dead Ishmael :D
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

I Live...AGAIN wrote:In the second map, you shouldn't be able to jump to get the key, unless maybe you rocket-jumped or something.
Well, I got on the crates and just... jumped for the key.

That was it.

I'll play it again to make sure though.

wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

do you plan on making any more maps or a new addon?
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

wangho wrote:do you plan on making any more maps or a new addon?
Thought this addon was a teaser for B2R project with some old ILA's maps he wanted to share.

Post by Guest »

I followed the Installation instructions, yet it still complains that there are no REZ files in the Custom folder.
Zardoz
Fanatic

Post by Zardoz »

You might be trying to load it from the wrong menu.
The first box that appears, the one that says launch b2 at the top, has a button mid way down called custom.
Once chosen it gives you a screen with detected rez files on the left, an empty box on the right, and 2 buttons labeled add, remove in the center.

This is were rez files are loaded. don't use the "custom" ( It has the game load screens with red writing) of the in game menu .

Oh for the above to work, make sure you created a new custom folder inside the b2 folder- the game does not have one by default.
Nivo
Rat

Post by Nivo »

I Live...AGAIN, i downloaded your mappack and i must admit that this one is very enjoyable! Very nice level design (actually i am lost in this damn hospital, man this map is huge and so detailed!), awesome light work and this original Blood feeling! Thank you for all you effort!
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Thanks Nivo!

I take no credit for the Hospital level though, because Hades created that map (one of my favorite maps).

It is a huge place and most usually get lost, can you describe where your stuck?