Rage Against The Machine - Episode 1

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

I've spent some time searching for the program that allows to split mouse pointer in 2,
but there's an alternative http://www.eglobe1.com/index.php/2006/0 ... rsor-mouse
Anyway, wait for my conclusion about Rage :)
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

wangho wrote:
oBe wrote:
Ghoste wrote:Here's the sequence:
1. Download RAD Game Tools
2. Copy the cutscenes to hard disk
3. Run RAD, select cutscene, press "mix in sound", you'll be asked if you want to treat both cutscenes as a sequence, select "no", after completion select the mixed cutscene (usually New_ratmcs1.smk), press "convert a file" to decode it to avi.
4. Repeat the 3rd step for 2nd cutscene.
5. Enjoy! :evillaugh:
Yes, excellent, although I meant instructions on how to push two things at once. As the author of the movies, I could obviously mix them down as the youtube links demonstrate. :wink: Pressing two buttons at once, however, I can not. Nice try though, keep it up indeed. :twisted:
Ghoste wrote:
P.S. Are you the artist? I love their amateurish style.
Yeah, thanks...I guess. :|
If the artwork in the 'Family Guy' or 'Simpsons' is professional work, I'll take the amateurish stuff anyday.
Well, yes, and a distinction must be made between what's art and what's "work". I doubt them people are doing it from the heart (it's rather for the money). Then there's the fact that no episode of Simpsons and Family Guy really has this kind of significance.

oBe is a dying specie - people who actually do something for a cause. And I salute him.
Ghoste wrote:I've spent some time searching for the program that allows to split mouse pointer in 2,
but there's an alternative http://www.eglobe1.com/index.php/2006/0 ... rsor-mouse
Anyway, wait for my conclusion about Rage :)
That is fascinating. Such commitment.

I'm glad you decided to give Rage a try after all. I know how a man these days simply can't find time from all the new BLOOD content thats pouring at us.
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

Dimebog wrote:oBe is a dying specie - people who actually do something for a cause. And I salute him.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Know what's awesome? Doing that "Mix in Sound" thing actually completely failed. I tried it even before I posted.
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Necrosis wrote:Know what's awesome? Doing that "Mix in Sound" thing actually completely failed. I tried it even before I posted.
Haha.. Have you clicked "no" when "sequence" dialog appeared? I bet you failed because of this.
EDIT: tested one of original cutscenes, it worked. But I suspect this program may have some compatibility issues not to work properly on some computers.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I actually already did it for the original cutscenes.

Also the cutscenes spontaneously started loading in the game, so no problems anymore. 0_o
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

RATM is now officially download-ready on the ModDB! Click the link in my signature for more info.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

I posted this lot on the Postmortem and seeing as it's necessary practice to double post things on both of these sites I do so here without further comment. Any response is appreciated.

My silence has passed and I am now open for questioning and have a few questions of my own, of course.
  1. What, if anything, would you like to see more of in the cinematics? Would you like to see any changes in their style at all?
  2. Was the custom music to your liking?
  3. How do you feel about the map lengths? Were they comfortable?
  4. How was the difficulty balancing for you? Too many monsters? Too few?
  5. Was there any particular recurring theme or aspect of the maps you'd hate to see disappear in future ones?
  6. Where's room for improvement?
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Daedalus wrote: [*]Where's room for improvement?
Of what I've seen, I don't like HoP. I understand your effort to resemble events from original cutscene, but there're too many static images, when I first entered the room I didn't expect what to do with them. Engine limitations? But the way it is, I'd rather didn't see it at all. IMO.

Cinematics are excellent. :)
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

Ghoste wrote:Of what I've seen, I don't like HoP.
Hall of Pepiphany?
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Dimebog wrote:
Ghoste wrote:Of what I've seen, I don't like HoP.
Hall of Pepiphany?
No, I meant Heritage of Pride.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I've only beaten the second map. Difficulty was pretty awesome, there wasn't a single time I felt overwhelmed or where I felt it was just too easy.

I loved the map, and I'm working on getting through the third map. I can contribute one thing I didn't like on that one: while I loved the effect, randomly throwing me into complete darkness (luckily, I found the beast vision secret) was a bit mean.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

like it all. I didn't mid the static sprite sacrifice sequence on the first map, there's not much more you can do as a mapeditor to get that point across, and I think it was pretty well. I'm wondering though, if this first episode took you guys what, 4 + years, is it gonna take that long for the second episode? The addon will be completed in 2019?

Post by Guest »

Over 4 + years ? :shock:

Great Jumping Jehosaphat !
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

Anonymous wrote:Over 4 + years ? :shock:

Great Jumping Jehosaphat !
Hearsay!