*New Blood-1 addon* - *OUT NOW*

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

wangho
Acolyte

*New Blood-1 addon* - *OUT NOW*

Post by wangho »

figured I'd follow Kurt's lead with his Blood 2 mod thread and pimp our stuff a bit. Mr. RedFanatic and myself are creating a new Blood 1 addon, and it's on it's way featuring some new art, new sounds, and a few different midi's that arent heard in retail Blood 1. Are we gonna have cutscenes? Don't know yet..

There will be 2 big episodes with myself primarily handling the first episode (Caleb Transamerica) and RedFanatic handling 'Deadland.' Basically, you are Caleb, you are in the present, you're now a down and out bum living in an alley of a snowy city and you get a rude wake-up when you find the Cabal have invaded and all hell breaks loose. This leads you on a trek across he country to reach a port on the coast so that you can get the hell out of dodge only to find yourself discovering a new kind of hell, DEADLAND!

NOTE: These are some images from only SOME of the maps that are going to be in the first episode. 3 or 4 maps aren't accounted for yet for the first episode, and then we have RedFanatic hard at work on his own maps and may have some new images he'd like to post. We're both striving to make the most fun and detailed Blood 1 addon that's possible. ETA will be 6 mos. to 1 year.

[Cabalanche]

[Dulce]

[Within The Woods]

[Mall]

[Nuthouse V2]

[Swampgas]

DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Rock! That's looking kick ass Wangho. ETA 6 months to a year you say? Looking forward to it!
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Excellent screenshots! I'll be looking foreward to the release of your add-on.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Glad you like the screenshots..

here's another from 'Cabalanche'

and almost forgot..

[Backlot]

Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

:) *Slink smiles*
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Thank God you said 6 Months to a year :P , at the rate your going at level creation
i thought i was going to be holding you up for ages, but that time frame i can Do. :D

So far i've completed one whole level and am about three quarters through
the next, here are some shots.............

Training Grounds

The Fort

So far these levels are still on the mainland and are relativly realistic, but
comming soon a misty port, Deadly Steam Ship and then the mysterious Island
Of Deadland.

If i can i'll be making the levels as real and detailed as possible while still
providing non stop blood thirsty, heart pumping action, and from what i've seen of Wangho's
levels so far this Collaberaddon WILL be immensly fun :guns:
LifeKILLED
Axe Zombie

Post by LifeKILLED »

Wangoo and Red Fanatic! It's the most expected add-on in all times for me! Where can I get it???
wanghos

Post by wanghos »

glad you chimed in Red, and those new shots with the boat look killer! Lifekilled, it's not ready yet. It'll be done 6 months to 1 year more than likely. We're trying to make them good and that takes some time to do.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

I recorded some of the sounds for this add-on! :D
Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

Post by Phosphoric Acid »

6 months to double that?

Well, it'll be time well spent, I for one love its appearance. By the looks of it you're doing a great job, good work guys.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Thanks for the support guys, it's very encouraging :D

And hey Doom i ment to thank you for your aid,

it's just so fantastic to make something
in a collaberative way like this, it's not just good because of the ammount and quality
multiple people can acheve but also i've learnt loads of new ways of doing things
in Mapedit and with Blood that i would have never come to on my own.

It's very exciting 8)

also Welcome back Phosphoric, long time no see, or at least long time no post

Check your inbox i sent you a PM :)
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

yes, DoomLancelot recorded some kickass sounds for us that will be in some of the maps and I think we're gonna need to use him again :wink:

Most of you prolly already played Nuthouse, but its being used because it fits in so well into the episode. However, many improvements have been made to the map as far as lighting, enemy placement, aligned textures, more sounds, enemy placement, and keys in different places. Its now a better, fuller Nuthouse than before
Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

Post by Phosphoric Acid »

Thanks for the cordial welcoming RedFanatic.

I agree with you on many levels, it must be thrilling to construct levels from the game we all know and love. By looking at the preview stills displayed, I have to say I was very impressed and quite surprised; it's rare that occasions such as this arise, by the time of its release I’m hoping I can get blood running through my computer again. While playing through your maps you can count on me with taking the time to admire the detail.

Also I'm quite glad the nuthouse is included within these series of maps, and better yet improved, I enjoyed playing through that level in particular. All I can say is I can't wait for this release.
wanghos

Post by wanghos »

Phosphoric Acid wrote:Thanks for the cordial welcoming RedFanatic.

I agree with you on many levels, it must be thrilling to construct levels from the game we all know and love. By looking at the preview stills displayed, I have to say I was very impressed and quite surprised; it's rare that occasions such as this arise, by the time of its release I’m hoping I can get blood running through my computer again. While playing through your maps you can count on me with taking the time to admire the detail.

Also I'm quite glad the nuthouse is included within these series of maps, and better yet improved, I enjoyed playing through that level in particular. All I can say is I can't wait for this release.
These maps certainly have the details and have easter eggs galore. Secrets are spread across all the maps. I myself never liked playing vague maps not knowing where to go or what to do and what I can say are that the maps are pretty straightforward and shouldnt frustrate anyone. There may be a few headscratchers, but no map should tie you up for hours. Im speaking of the first episode mainly, as im not quite sure what RedFanatic has up his sleave for his new maps.

One map in particular, is not played in the ordinary way where you grab keys to open doors to get from point A to B and instead its more of a triggered real-time event experience and I think people will get a kick out of it.
wanghos

Post by wanghos »

Phosphoric Acid wrote:Thanks for the cordial welcoming RedFanatic.

These maps certainly have the details and have easter eggs galore. Secrets are spread across all the maps. I myself never liked playing vague maps not knowing where to go or what to do and what I can say are that the maps are pretty straightforward and shouldnt frustrate anyone. There may be a few headscratchers, but no map should tie you up for hours. Im speaking of the first episode mainly, as im not quite sure what RedFanatic has up his sleave for his new maps.

One map in particular, is not played in the ordinary way where you grab keys to open doors to get from point A to B and instead its more of a triggered real-time event experience and I think people will get a kick out of it.