Update to Carnage 1.11. Download now

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Ash
Rat

Password for Episode 2?

Post by Ash »

Hi all-

I just beat the level Nothing like the Rain on the first episode aaaaannnnnd... I'm assuming that this is the last level in the episode, because as soon as I break the window where the informant is, I get the Blood end credits rolling... not cutscene or nothing.

Then I go to start Episode 2 and it is asking me for some kind of password? Where am I supposed to get this password... if it is locked in some sort of cutscene I am just not getting it. Anyone know what it is?

By the way Carnage DOES kick ass, Nothing Like the Rain has got to be one of the most original and creative blood maps that I have ever played! I can't wait to start the next one!!

Please help me out with the password...
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

It;s quite a map and all, but wait till you check out the last episode and the egyptian tomb, that's pretty amazing! There are some great maps in the addon for sure as well as some mediocre and flat maps. The great ones make it all worth it though.

Play Bloodlines when you get done with Carnage..

Dont know about the password deal though, sorry

Password

Post by Guest »

When you start either Episode 2 or 3 you start in a huge room with a numbered slot like a combination lock. You have to enter a bunch of numbers into the "lock" in order to play the episodes. Supposedly this password is found at some point in the first Episode but I just beat Nothing like the Rain and then it just rolled the credits, no cutscene, no password, nothing.

Anybody know what I am talking about and can help me? I really would like to play the next couple of episodes!

Post by Guest »

Whango, regarding the last episode, how were you able to play it? When you first start, there is a teleporter and other "number lock" and you have to enter the correct number into the pad for the teleporter to work. This is the "password" that I was referring to.

How did you get this to work?
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Anonymous wrote:Whango, regarding the last episode, how were you able to play it? When you first start, there is a teleporter and other "number lock" and you have to enter the correct number into the pad for the teleporter to work. This is the "password" that I was referring to.

How did you get this to work?
I couldnt find the passwords myself, so I just hit 't' and then typed 'mario '2 2' level warp cheat to get to E2M2. Try that
frightfan
Caleb's Bootlicker

Harry B!

Post by frightfan »

Harry, I remember years ago (7 years? 8?) when you started this. It was before qBlood/Transfusion was even a twinkle in our eyes and the Bloodlines TC was still thriving.

I am thrilled to read that you've completed it and the reviews rival the enthusiasm I remember you having. Thank you for working so hard and I can't wait to try it! :twisted:
Ash
Rat

Fantastic Design

Post by Ash »

I would like to comment on Carnage, as I have been playing it for some time, and I have to say it is one of the best mods that I have played, and some of these levels do rival or surpass the quality of some of those in the original. Nothing like the Rain, for example, is a pure work of genius. It reminds me of the Christian Slater/Morgan Freeman action movie Hard Rain with the flooded town. Love it, love it, love it!

With that being said, I have to say that the difficulty level is outrageous! :headshot:

The sheer presence of so many boss enemies (not to mention literally legions of underlings and those HORRIBLE hell hounds), with little ammo, especially for the GOOD weapons like the Tesla cannon, and almost no health and armor to speak of, make Carnage devilishily hard, but STILL beatable, EXCEPT for what follows (as far I have seen, at least):

E2M2 for example is so tough that there is no way to beat it without cheating... I was able to make it all the way out to the cliffs where the gargoyles and Cheogh are flying around, not to mention cultists around every bend, but I had so little health that I kept getting blown away. So I put on GOD mode, and STILL haven't been able to win, because the cliff jumping from ledge to ledge is so hard, and it's so easy for enemies to just knock you off... I seriously don't think it's beatable in any conventional way... and I was playing on Lightly Broiled difficulty!

But I have to say that the level designs are genius, they do require a lot of thought and effort to get through (and not just because of the enemies!). The complexity and effort that has been involved in this project is apparent, the new textures look great, and I have to doff my hat to the designer... other than the difficulty and lack of health/armor, I have to say that these levels rival and exceed those in the original games. Congrats!
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

My kingdom for an enormous page stretching avatar!!!!! :shock:
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

just revisited the Egyptian tomb map after reading up on Egyptian history and feeling the mood. This map is really amazing and the ambience/atmosphere makes you feel like you're almost there in person. Perfect layout, amazing map..