blood 2 error

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

cho-sin

blood 2 error

Post by cho-sin »

i recently dug up my old blood 2 game, and also bought a new computer. see it works perfectly with no update patch (2.1), but when i try to play it with the update, it gives me this error.

"this application failed to start because mss32.dll was not found. re-installing the application may fix this problem."

then i downloaded "mss32.dll" from the web and stuck it in blood 2s directory and then it gives me ANOTHER error!

"the procedure entry point _AIL_sample_volume@4 could not be located in the dynamic link libary mss3d.dll."

i even re-installed the damn thing twice, but it still gives me this error. any suggestions?
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

from what I see, the 2.1 patch doesen't change the mss32.dll file from the original installation.

I would uninstall everything, make a clean install, then download the patch from a different location, that copy of it must be corrupting something.
cho-sin

Post by cho-sin »

is it because that i have to install the patches in order for them to work right?

im currently downloading all patches from gamespot
cho-sin

Post by cho-sin »

sucess! i installed the patches in order and it works perfectly, though my game pad ( a saitek p25000 rumple pad) doesnt work anymore, hmm...
Burd
Rat

Re: blood 2 error

Post by Burd »

Hello everyone, I had such a poser. I replaced the dll file, and it helped. I advise you to try. Here you can download http://fix4dll.com/mss32_dll or on the official website Windows. Good luck. I hope you can do it.
iluraj
Rat

Re: blood 2 error

Post by iluraj »

Hi, you should uninstall everything and then reinstall it or you can simply download mss3d.dll file.Next, you need to install the given file hope this would help you in fixing up your problem.