Gore...

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

DemonPostalWrkr
Cultist

Gore...

Post by DemonPostalWrkr »

In blood, alot of the gore remains after a zombie or some has been blown up, is there a way to make the gore stay after a caleb has been blown up? Also, will you guys be usuing the same reactions to different weapons, IE if you blow up a zombie gore goes everywhere, if you electricute it, you will see its skeleton, etc. Also, is it possible to have pain skins?
frightfan
Caleb's Bootlicker

Re: Gore...

Post by frightfan »

DemonPostalWrkr wrote:In blood, alot of the gore remains after a zombie or some has been blown up, is there a way to make the gore stay after a caleb has been blown up?
It is possible, but very "expensive", so unlikely to happen. Leaving all those gib models lying around means that they have to be in memory all the time. Also, they just get in the way. ;)
DemonPostalWrkr wrote:Also, will you guys be using the same reactions to different weapons, IE if you blow up a zombie gore goes everywhere, if you electricute it, you will see its skeleton, etc.
Yes to gore everywhere, no to skeleton (for now). A possible compromise could be to make use of the alpha (transparency) features, creating a color-tinged/transparent effect to show the electro damage.
DemonPostalWrkr wrote:Also, is it possible to have pain skins?
Yup, but someone would have to be willing to do them :) We have our hands full for now just getting the first skins done, hehe. In future, possibly. Personally, I am not a huge fan, since the same pain-skin is repeating all the time.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Actually, it might not be so bad. Common processing power these days should be able to handle that sort of tax in the Darkplaces engine. I would ask LordHavoc. The blood engine could handle gibs just fine. We just need the gibs to be low-poly models.

I feel that the inclusion of the gib effect and the pain animation are integral, however, we don't need a pain "skin," just an animation for it at least.

Who thinks what? Thanks-

-Slink
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

I think there should be console commands controll the life of the gibs. That way people who want to have them last longer can.
I dislike pain skins, because if you shoot a guy in the foot his pain skin makes wounds appear in spots where he hasn't been shot. Also there were no pain skins in Blood, and I'd rather have effort put into single player or crowching instead of getting ahead of ourselves and adding unessecary features.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Yeah, no skin, just animation. The exception is repeated Tesla Cannon fire, what with the whole electrocution thing and all.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Necrosis wrote:Yeah, no skin, just animation. The exception is repeated Tesla Cannon fire, what with the whole electrocution thing and all.
Technically, I would prefer a model of the monster, all polygons dark-colored and facing inward, except for the now-visible skeleton. :D You get me? Kazashi gets me... Right Kaz? ;)
-Slink
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I figured alpha channels and stuff, but that is probably the best way to do it.