The most sincere request ever filed on these boards. . .

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Unification of the entire Blood web community! What say you?

1.) Great idea! Tchernobog would be proud!
70%
2.) It's okay but I have my reservations about this.
15%
3.) No. I honestly do not see how this will help out Blood.
10%
4.) I'm a lazy @$!% and don't give a $@#! about this!
5%

Total votes: 20
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

The most sincere request ever filed on these boards. . .

Post by Daedalus »

Brethren! Brothers! Bloodites! Buffoons! Hear me!

I place this under 'General Blood' as this concerns Blood deeply. I will attempt to keep this desperate claim brief (something I'm not very good at).

I've said it before and I shall say it again. The Cabal (no, not the forum!), us, the Bloodites; the crazed, the Blood fans, the passers by and the fools who stick with Blood for a while and lose faith, we are divided and splintered! There are a handful of Blood sites that we disperse over, which weakens our fold.

Think about this - my vision (and it is not a unique vision) : a single Blood website! A grand collection of Blood information and followers! Oh and do not believe that ye shall be overlooked, Transfusion, for you will be a huge part of this. Together, in unity we will have strength! Imagine a single site that contains everything Blood. The box set of Blood websites! We can abolish the old and set up the new! There can be the Transfusion board where you can discuss all your nice, little, modern things, a Postmortem board for the discussion of good ol' Blood and even a Russian board to replace RBC! Links can be made to access all the various artists' works and other projects.

The only thing to fear is the change - and trust me, I'm petrified of change and I suggest this grand plan. It's entirely possible. With Willis as the 'host with the most' nothing is out of our grasp. All we need do is break a few eggs (and hearts) and join our single collective!

So! I am the One that Binds (actually the Dreaming God) and I come forward with this grand plan! I shall make my stand until this is made concrete! I shall unite the clans, or see them ground to dust around me! Raise your fist and resist! Break this pathetic Blood conformity of splinter-sites! Let us form the One Unit : Whole Blood of Blood websites! Together, let us bring Blood prosperity! Who's with me?!

I dare any to oppose. . .
Last edited by Daedalus on Mon Oct 17, 2005 07:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DemonPostalWrkr
Cultist

Post by DemonPostalWrkr »

Im with ya.
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

Waw, Dae that's a great idea.

Yeah man, we need some unity over here. Post Mortem and Transfusion seem to be the last active outposts of this dying game. It's just silly they don't operate together. Forums can be copied me thinks, and links can be replaced.

Let us reunite!

edit: though I was thinking unity forumwise. They're both the same software, right? Both sites should remain. Just the community should be united.
Last edited by oBe on Sat Oct 08, 2005 02:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonny5
Cultist

Post by jonny5 »

That really doesn't sound like a bad idea. It does sound like an inordinantly complicated idea though - and that is always something to take into consideration.

Also, might not Transfusion lose some of its zest if it was part of just another humongous web site? Unlikely, but certainly something to consider; the world simply cannot afford to lose Transfusion.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I had a huge reply, but decided not to send it and closed the window. I suppose I may as well rewrite the basic idea.

I am pretty much halfway for it. Under any other circumstances I would be entirely for it, but one of the reasons I love this board so much is that it is small enough (in comparison to other boards at least) for me to really feel like I personally know all of you. If we combine all Blood sites into one, it will definitely prolong the life of Blood, the goal will be met. However, in my experience with other forums (pretty much just GameFAQs and FFR honestly) the friendship between users as we have here is much less. There are too many people, and I don't feel like I really know any of them and it makes it so much less of a site I really love.

So I suppose in summary I am for it but I do have problems with it.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Good point, Necrosis, but there are barely enough Bloodites to make you feel overwhelmed, trust me.

Friendship and a feeling of familiarity with these folks is great, but think about it; what would change if we threw in another thirty people here, say? You still won't know Kazashi. I'll still praise Blood. Gila will still swear.

The same amount of weaponary - a bigger Bloodbath.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

:lol:

The way this was worded was possibly the greatest argument ever, if only because it applies so much to this. God that was funny.

Like I said, I am for it, just that I do like the atmosphere here. Take your example. 30 more people, I'll agree, could be an excellent thing. I don't know, the unity of the entire Blood community could become even more of a great thing, we'll have to see. I, myself, am willing to stick around despite anything changing this. I have too many friends here and too much faith in the rebirth of Blood to leave, and I intend to stay.

... I suck at wording the feelings I have for this board. :wink:
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

United we stand, Divided we fall... [Rage against the machines]

i say lets unite for the good of Bloodkind =D
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Yes good plan i my self as i'm sure many of you have, spent hours
bouncing around link after link looking for Blood stuff finaly finding this site and a build game dedicated site called RTCM, also i want (when i'm 40 and it's finished :? ) to give the world my map but i don't know where to upload it with one huge Bloody site life would be perfect.

but in order to implament it smoothly a Blood info base should be built first only appending the forums and community things at the end to give ppl time to ajust

ps
DD along with your Mind bending font this idea has changed my mind i will
become your minion :D can i carry the tail of your cloke oh master
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

This is a fantastic idea! And with Transfusion a big part of the site, imagine how many servers could spring up! Dedicated ones! Oh the dreams that must be turned into reality...
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

You may, RedFanatic, although I do not walk much these days.

I knew it was a wish on everyone's lips, but I see the big men at the top are keeping quiet, for talk is incredibly cheap in the Blood universe and I have not the skills or the power to mould this (only the wit and tongue, maybe).

*Waits for higher powers to awaken.*
jonny5
Cultist

Post by jonny5 »

On the topic of servers, if I could manage to procure a high-speed connection I would gladly set up an older computer as a dedicated server. I think that I have a friend who would oblige me in that request. Expect an update on this in coming weeks.
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

hehe, i have a 1Mbit output / 24Mbit input on my broadband =D
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

i wonder - i've been sayin "MERGE TF & POSTMORTEM!!!!111OMGLOLZ" for how long?
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

I know, Gila, I know. I am not only speaking of us, though. I am speaking of the unification of all Blood sites. Out with the old and in with the new. Everything. ALL information. It can only lead to greatness and prosperity.