What kindof music do you guys like?

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Jon Krazov
Axe Zombie

Post by Jon Krazov »

My history teacher said once that he has never said anything like that. He surely could have, but haven't. It was put in his mouth but functions.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Well, I am not a historian, so I can't comment on this one.
I thought he did say that, it wouldn't be anything really unusual.
But who knows? Maybe he didn't.
Nevertheless it is in agreement with his attitude toward his reign.
Jon Krazov
Axe Zombie

Post by Jon Krazov »

True!
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Bah, I had to reply. Well, basically, I'm into just about anything. Not EVERY thing, but most. A bit of classic rock, heavy metal, progressive rock and metal, classical, tribal, new age, hell even alot of video game music. Hey, it's good s***, no? Only stuff I don't like is most rap (though some of it is good), not a big fan of country at all, and some stuff I might not like, but can tolerate at least.
Jon Krazov
Axe Zombie

Post by Jon Krazov »

New Gorillaz are nice. And NIN's "With Teeth" (I'm getting into it; at the beginning it sounded a lil' crapy to me).
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

Opeth
Dark Tranquility
Dimmu Borgir
Arch Enemy
Nile
Cryptopsy
Karl Sanders
Jeehun Hwang
Blood's music
Quake's music
Mortaur

basically i like creative metal, progressive stuff, ambience, and movie soundtracks.

though i am also a huge fan of Yes, Bela Fleck, Jethro Tull, and Sting.

after we get through the EP, i want to try and convince my band as a side project to do a Blood tribute song. this should be a change of pace after the Christian grindcore/deathmetal were doing.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Cryptopsy?
Those guys have one of the fastest drummers on earth. :D
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

Flo Mounier is quite amazing, yes
Though I really enjoy Martin Lopez of Opeth's drumming
Lots of neat influences and subtleties where he quietly sometimes carries the melody hidden underneath a driving rhythm.

I left out some bands.

Immortal
Behemoth
Lamb of God
Virgin Black
Blind Guardian
Necrophagist
Spiral Architect

Id imagine Predator, that youre familiar with Behemoth =)
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Lots of Black Metal, but Blind Guardian for example is totally different.

BTW: Behemoth is Polish, I know. :D
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Drakan wrote:Bah, I had to reply. Well, basically, I'm into just about anything. Not EVERY thing, but most. A bit of classic rock, heavy metal, progressive rock and metal, classical, tribal, new age, hell even alot of video game music. Hey, it's good s***, no? Only stuff I don't like is most rap (though some of it is good), not a big fan of country at all, and some stuff I might not like, but can tolerate at least.
That's pretty much me. In particular, I'm a huge fan of Buckethead and Daft Punk. As for Green Day, which seems to be the one that everyone has, I'm ok with them, but I don't see why everyone thinks they're the single best band on the face of the earth (comment instigated by my brother, whose friends convinced him to buy as many Green Day albums as he could, saying that they are the best evar.) They're starting to annoy me, my brother plays 6 of their songs over and over and over again, all f*** day! :evil: *sigh* Losing patience with my brother and his friends here...
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

Immortal is the only band there i would call BM... Behemoth was definitely BM back in the day but Nergal has gotten so heavy as of late... well, i know he doesnt like to be called death metal, so i wont.

Lamb of God is pure american thrash metal man, politically driven, not bm at all =)

ever give Virgin Black a listen ? theyre kinda... melodic doom with some funeral/bm influence. good stuff... opened for Opeth during their Australian tour.

Necrophagist is definitely technical DM by my definition i would say. and Spiral Architect is a clean tone version of Necrophagist with slightly less double bass and more lead bass work =D

sorry, im kinda picky on genres sometimes. but most all i love the melodies and dissonant chords in Blood
da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

How many people in here are actually musicians? And what instrument do ya play then?
Me: guitar (el/ac) and keys.
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

electric bass
vocals

and by vocals i mean a growling freight train - kinda... grindcore/deathmetalish. a deeper Nergal-esque tone.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I play guitar, but just out of personal want to play guitar, not in a band or anything. I can play Mario and Tetris on it. :D
da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

I also 'do' vocals in my band because noone else wanted to. I personally think they suck though. :(