[MOD] BLOOD WEAPONS MOD V3.0

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

NoOne
Axe Zombie

[MOD] BLOOD WEAPONS MOD V3.0

Post by NoOne »

Weapons Mod 3.0 for Blood has been released!

(HD trailer on moddb, link below)

Just like the name states, it's a modification for Blood which allows using custom weapons. From revolvers to new bloody shotguns! Of course since Blood's modding is limited, the mod only allows replacing current weapons, but aren't you bored playing the same weapons for years? Maybe you want to play fun mode by installing Triple DZ or maybe Hardcore mode by choosing PowerSlaver revolver? The choice is yours!

DosBox is recommened to play this mod, but BloodGDX supports this mod too, since GDX uses BLOOD.RFF and SOUND.RFF. Sadly, some hacks will not work since GDX does not use Blood.exe. Nevertheless it's possible to use custom weapons too.

The installation is very simple!

1. Download the mod.
2. Put package's files in Blood's folder.
3. Drag WPNMOD30.BAT over your DosBox icon.
4. Choose weapons in the menu by clicking certain keys.
5. Click [1] to install select weapons.
6. And at the end choose what you want to play (Blood, Cryptic addon or any other addon).

The current version of the mod not only adds new and cool weapons, but also adds new great features such as:
  1. renaming vanilla weapons and items for weapons you installed,
  2. DSCA system which allows you to know which characteristics of certain weapon were changed (See more information in GetInfo option),
  3. all-new, much faster, way to install selected weapons,
  4. presets manager that allows to load and save selected weapons,
  5. compatibility with every addon even with custom content,
  6. most of old weapons significantly reworked,
  7. BMOUSE support,
  8. extended configuration of main BAT file.

Download link can be found here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-weapons-mod
or here:
http://cruo.bloodgame.ru/?section=weapons&rid=130170
Of course everyone is credited. I tried to remember about everyone whos art I used.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Re: [MOD] BLOOD WEAPONS MOD V3.0

Post by N0t_mINe »

It's hard to see the Blood arsenal as boring, but you modification does look interesting. Nice to see the Beast hands put to good use. Thank you for all your hard work NoOne. :drinkblood: :phantasm:
BEAST
Zealot

Re: [MOD] BLOOD WEAPONS MOD V3.0

Post by BEAST »

Good going on your weapons mod, NoOne! It makes sense to use the Ripper Heart from Shadow Warrior as a voodoo weapon. Though I liked what the Heart in Shadow Warrior did do, I still wished that it was used to inflict pain on enemies by squeezing it instead of summoning a clone of yourself.

I also like that you've given Caleb some Old West era weapons. It would be awesome if Caleb got to use a sawed-off rifle, like the one Steve McQueen used in Wanted: Dead or Alive.

I look forward to see what other weapons you have in store for your mod. :)