Hypothetical Blood 3 Art from The BEAST

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

BEAST
Zealot

Hypothetical Blood 3 Art from The BEAST

Post by BEAST »

Blessed are the blood drinkers of Transfusion!

Hey, gang. Awhile ago, I'd did some concept art which showcased how I visualized Blood 3 from my own primitive marker style. I've done a few more, and I wanted to share it with you guys.

B3 #1

This pic shows Caleb wandering an abandoned haunted house roaming with ground gargoyles and an undead family in the nighttime. All he has is a kitchen knife and his wits to fend the fiends off.

B3 #2

Caleb, with the help of a zombie sailor, has trekked to the North Pole in search of Gabriel. The zombie sailor still retains some sense of his humanity, and prefers sailing to eating brains for Tchernobog. The sailor agreed to aid Caleb navigate the treacherous cold waters of the north. Looking over the edge of the boat, Caleb spots a Gillbeast swimming up and reaching out for him. The zombie sailor warns Caleb that there are a school of Gillbeasts down there in the midst of feeding frenzy, and that he needs an armored diving suit and powerful underwater weapons to take them on.

B3 #3

This is based on a gameplay idea I suggested years and years ago on this forum. I got that idea that since Caleb has a natural dramatic voice, whenever he reads a book out loud, his enemies stop hunting him and sit down to listen to him read. Here, in a German castle at night, Caleb reads out loud Shakespeare's Macbeth to an audience of adoring axe zombies. The floor is scattered with remote detonators, and Caleb has his remote hidden in the book he's reading. Caleb is reading Macbeth's explanation as to why he killed King Duncan's guards, with the excuse that he thought that the guards killed Duncan (when really, he killed Duncan, and framed them for the murder). Very appropriate.

B3 #4

Epic showdown with a big version of the regular gargoyle. Caleb battles the beast with the dual use of the sawed-off shotgun and pitchfork.

B3 #5

A glimpse of the Red Priests and the signature Beast waiting in the darkness, hiding behind the pillars, making claw marks.

B3 #6

Caleb training under an undead Medieval Crusader, who was once a Chosen and betrayed by Tchernobog just like Caleb. The setting of the picture is similar to Mount Sinai from Cecil B. DeMille's The Ten Commandments, with its blood red sky (but not as pretty as the film's visuals). Here, the Crusader is training Caleb to harness his inner Chosen powers in order to defeat Tchernobog's new Chosen Priests. Caleb is armed with a magic blood sword, which is similar to the Quietus from Hexen, and maybe the Blood Reaver from Soul Reaver 2.

Last edited by BEAST on Tue Sep 05, 2017 03:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Re: Hypothetical Blood 3 Art from The BEAST

Post by N0t_mINe »

Hey BEAST! I don't remember a good number of these highly stylized works from your previous presentation. Are they new?
Is my idea of a "Crimson Mage' for COB something I picked up from you or Steven King?

But even King salutes the greats in his work.

BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

N0t_mINe wrote:Hey BEAST! I don't remember a good number of these highly stylized works from your previous presentation. Are they new?
Is my idea of a "Crimson Mage' for COB something I picked up from you or Steven King?

But even King salutes the greats in his work.
The purple piper plays his tune,
The choir softly sing;
Three lullabies in an ancient tongue,
For the court of the crimson KIIIIIIIIIING!

Hello to you too, N0t_mINe! And thank you! The first drawing was posted before in an earlier thread months ago, except that this rendition has some extra metallic marker work to accentuate the details. The rest of the drawings are all brand new. They were sprung by an overwhelming desire to draw some Blood. :)

As I a fan of King Crimson and their In the Court album (both the cover art and songs), I thank you for linking that song. On second glance, I guess there is a Crimson theme recurring in my drawings That sounds like an awesome idea: Blood meets In The Court of the Crimson King. Could you imagine the levels designed for "21st Century Schizoid Man" or "Epitaph"?

Good going on the Circus of Blood project! I'm eager to see how you'll mold Psycho Circus into something more Blood-y. :wink:

And there'll probably be more drawings to come. I've a few ideas for the next batch of images.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

BEAST wrote:This is based on a gameplay idea I suggested years and years ago on this forum. I got that idea that since Caleb has a natural dramatic voice, whenever he reads a book out loud, his enemies stop hunting him and sit down to listen to him read. Here, in a German castle at night, Caleb reads out loud Shakespeare's Macbeth to an audience of adoring axe zombies. The floor is scattered with remote detonators, and Caleb has his remote hidden in the book he's reading. Caleb is reading Macbeth's explanation as to why he killed King Duncan's guards, with the excuse that he thought that the guards killed Duncan (when really, he killed Duncan, and framed them for the murder). Very appropriate.
I must admit, this is hilarious. :evillaugh:

I have uploaded them all to your gallery on the Blood Wiki:
http://www.blood-wiki.org/index.php/Cat ... ST_Artwork
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

Thank you very much, My Lord Tchernobog!!! :D I'm glad my description for that picture made you laugh.

It is always good to be blessed by the One Who Binds, as well as to be uploaded to the Blood Wiki. There'll be more to come.