Blood State of the Union Address (hint; not good)

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Blood State of the Union Address (hint; not good)

Post by N0t_mINe »

A dry, frost bitten gale howels ever more fiercely through the ruins of this glorious game. The silence haunting bloodites everywhere has always been a thing imagined, but never pictured; elucidated, but always as a hypothetical abstraction. That time has gone now. The slow whiddling away at the collective soul deadites drew sustaince from is now palpable, measurable, unquestionable.

What shall we do? Do we go on pretending that this will reverse itself, that someone else will cause the breakthrough Blood so desperately needs to continue?
Or do we discuss these issues openly, in the light of day and with the somber yet determined heart of one who's partaken of perhaps one too many hearts?

What say you, O' great bloodites past and present, new and old? Is there some sort of quiet dignity in passing on slowly, embracing reality, letting some other game take on the mantle as best home for those whose sentiments lean towards things strange, leathery and cold?

Or is the only dignity left us to be found in lighting the shared furnace behind our sockets once more, and letting the glow of red fire pour out from eyes squinted by what could only be a sadistic smile?

I know you hear me, bloodites great and small.

Do you feel me too?
Last edited by N0t_mINe on Fri Aug 21, 2015 06:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Re: Blood State of the Union Address (hint; not good)

Post by N0t_mINe »

Whoaa!?!?!?!

Oh, it's just me!

X)
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Hey man you're not alone.

Are u asking if we should give up hope on a new Blood reboot and stop carrying on here at these forums or any Blood forum?
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

VGames wrote:Hey man you're not alone.

Are u asking if we should give up hope on a new Blood reboot and stop carrying on here at these forums or any Blood forum?
Hi VGames.

Just seeing if there's anything we can do to lower the melancholy that appears to be forming around here of late.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Without a real heavy impact from something seriously epic such as a Blood reboot I'm afraid this place will continue to dwindle and whither. I know we get a few bumps from great mods every now and then but as u can see it never really helps. The postmortem forum is the same. This will continue. But I still believe that there will be a reboot. No matter how twisted the legal stuff may be its bound to happen. I still see people asking for a new Blood on various sites. So there's still a demand there. Somebody has got to be smart enough to jump on that money machine. The hype alone would make money.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

N0t_mINe wrote:Just seeing if there's anything we can do to lower the melancholy that appears to be forming around here of late.
You guys miss me that much, huh? :P

Seriously though, I have not been around much lately because the honey flow is on and I have been working myself to the bone harvesting it. So that explains one of the reasons why the amount of activity around here is down, at least from me.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

I share everyone's distaste with the slow community and also of the Blood series itself. Everyone here loves Blood to death and that is probably why we feel so frustrated about it and also because why we still talk on these year-old forums. The determination of the Bloodite is amazing and I would gladly love to talk about mundane stuff like whether Caleb likes red socks or black or whether Gideon hits on female Cabalists. I don't really make these topics because I feel it's not that important or worth talking about. THEN AGAIN...the community is quite quiet and I don't really like it. A new Blood title will fix almost everything and I will never drop the idea of a Blood 3 in my mind.

@N0t_mINe: I do feel you and your feelings of coldness at the situation of the Blood fanbase. My passion at making fan-art (albeit mediocre) has dwindled along with real life issues that prevent me from making offerings to my favorite FPS series. Perhaps I should just take a week to churn or try to churn out a piece of fan-fiction.

@VGames: A reboot would be good and a Blood 3 would be good also. I just want more Caleb and I just want to talk with other Bloodites some more. It sucks such a great game got a terrible hand in life.

@Tchernobog: I hate real life getting in the way of my hobbies. I built a good portion of my life in my earlier days around games and the dead fandom is a true killer. Even worse, we people simply do not have the time to spend just hashing out about a series. I am at fault for that too many times but it's unavoidable.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Who is online In total there are 21 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 19 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 149 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 06:14 pm

Registered users: N0t_mINe, Yahoo [Bot]
Legend :: Administrators, Global moderators
So the spider buzzards are circling...

While it's good to see Tcherno posting again, it's a little disheartening to realize he's been proping up the community practically by himself.

@Vgames: What's the feasibility of a highly tailored blood2 bloodbath game? I mean, is there anything significant that could be done to b2's gameplay that would make a splash? In guessing that, besides bugginess, the spamminess hurts most people's experience with multi, am I totally off in saying that(anyone)?
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Has anybody played any multiplayer with Extra Crispy. I'd like to know how that goes. With some feedback and if people will actually use it I could make a version of EC tailored for multiplayer games like death match. Not so much coop. I think EC as is is what you would want for coop.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

I believe there were issues in multiplayer with ec. Explosives were toned down, There's a thread I need to go through.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

N0t_mINe wrote:While it's good to see Tcherno posting again, it's a little disheartening to realize he's been proping up the community practically by himself.
Posting again yes, but I have always been lurking, always been lurking...

I see you there. :shock:
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

It is quiet here, but it's peaceful too. I prefer it to the difficult egos I've encountered on the other game forums. And everybody loves Tchernobog. He's our favorite unholy scholar of Blood lore. :)

As for the state of the Blood IP, it will be a long time coming until the new 3D Realms or Devolver can buy it (if they're lucky). For time being, those of us who can't program for Blood, or program Blood-like games, should write design documents and concept art to visualize what we want. I've been slowly working on a design document which rewrites the story and structure of Blood 2, in the hopes that I could later develop it as a mod. Another thing we could do is develop small experiments: levels and small mods for Blood/Blood 2 which reflect the kind of gameplay we want to see in future installments. I'd long to see some single level mods for other games influenced by Blood, but it the mods I've seen try to be full-blown remakes. Those are just some of the little things we can do to keep the Cabal alive.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Oh man I was trying to get involved at doomworld and stopped going there all together. Straight buttholes and man don't let them find out you're a Christian. They swarm everything u say not matter what. And even if they don't no anything about you there's always somebody around just waiting to 1up u.

I like it here.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Man, am I glad to read the last several posts in this thread!

VGames wrote:
Oh man I was trying to get involved at doomworld and stopped going there all together. Straight buttholes and man don't let them find out you're a Christian. They swarm everything u say not matter what. And even if they don't no anything about you there's always somebody around just waiting to 1up u.
Sorry to hear that Doomworld treated you unjustly. I think dw is a community best understood as a strict doom fanbase. They don't ban tc's so much, but want a classic doom/boom vibe. You've noticed all the tutorials they've suddenly thrown up in the editing section? DW does not want to live in a world where there are more zdoom tcs than boom/doom wads. I sorta don't fault them for that, but I do not share their opinion about 2.5d gaming growing up. The negative feelings towards Christianism were mostly because it is highly visible in your case and they know that it's a good place to tweak you. I hope we make this place a welcoming one for all, no matter what personal beliefs they have.

BEAST wrote:

For time being, those of us who can't program for Blood, or program Blood-like games, should write design documents and concept art to visualize what we want. I've been slowly working on a design document which rewrites the story and structure of Blood 2, in the hopes that I could later develop it as a mod. Another thing we could do is develop small experiments: levels and small mods for Blood/Blood 2 which reflect the kind of gameplay we want to see in future installments. I'd long to see some single level mods for other games influenced by Blood, but it the mods I've seen try to be full-blown remakes. Those are just some of the little things we can do to keep the Cabal alive.
I second this motion whole heartedly. I myself still dream of a blood 2.5 on elite forces iwo jima game by 3rdlaw. But as long as Jonathan Wright can't open the source, it will remain a dream.
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

N0t_mINe wrote: VGames wrote:
Sorry to hear that Doomworld treated you unjustly. I think dw is a community best understood as a strict doom fanbase. They don't ban tc's so much, but want a classic doom/boom vibe. You've noticed all the tutorials they've suddenly thrown up in the editing section? DW does not want to live in a world where there are more zdoom tcs than boom/doom wads. I sorta don't fault them for that, but I do not share their opinion about 2.5d gaming growing up. The negative feelings towards Christianism were mostly because it is highly visible in your case and they know that it's a good place to tweak you. I hope we make this place a welcoming one for all, no matter what personal beliefs they have.
Yeah, I tried having discussions there, too. They haven't been bad to me overall, though they can be judgmental. Under another username, I posted art there, and they derided it. I like the site, but it does surprise me that they are more hardcore about doing pure Doom wads than mods for Zdoom. I give them credit for the community they've maintained for a game as old as Doom, but I didn't know they were that puritanical. As for their attitude for Christians: maybe most of the members were raised by strict Baptists and Catholics, and perceive anybody who's openly devout Christian as a scapegoat for ridicule.

I know what it is to feel like an outsider: I've encountered forums whose members think that any member who claims to have Asperger's Syndrome doesn't know how to grow up, feels entitled in some way, or is just saying it for attention. It amazes me how other game forums can be so narrowminded in their views of others, and quick to judge prematurely.

There was a time years ago when this very forum had some pretty intense fights, back when I was a struggling board guest. A lot of incendiary members are no longer here, fortunately, but I remember a few fights between members which got really ugly.
I second this motion whole heartedly. I myself still dream of a blood 2.5 on elite forces iwo jima game by 3rdlaw. But as long as Jonathan Wright can't open the source, it will remain a dream.
Thanks, man. I just checked out Elite Forces: WWII Iwo Jima, and it looks interesting. I'm guessing that you chose that game because of its ally NPC AI, and you want the other Chosen to function like the allies? I see the game also uses LithTech Talon, so I could see why you chose that game to do Blood 2.5 on.

I've been thinking of doing little Blood 2 experiments on games like Transfusion, Deus Ex, No One Lives Forever, Eduke, and Jedi Knight/Mysteries of the Sith. For the time being, I'll just work more on the design document.