Caleb in Gotham City and some...

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

TheChosenOne
Axe Zombie

Caleb in Gotham City and some...

Post by TheChosenOne »

Hey there Bloodites.. I was wondering something about a cool idea. Would caleb fit in a world of Gotham City. I don't know if any has read the Jonah Hex comics the last 3 years but following it story I came up with a cool idea of Caleb being in Modern and old Gotham City. Just some idea wondering in my head :roll: ... Let me know what you think!!!
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Re: Caleb in Gotham City and some...

Post by Tchernobog »

BEAST, this sounds like a perfect field for you! ;)
TheChosenOne
Axe Zombie

Post by TheChosenOne »

Well I have been looking for someone that could expand this idea :P Because I wanted to create something for the Blood Crossmatch for Eduke32. I have a plan list. So... If anyone wants to add something ideas or anything let me know?
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

Tchernobog wrote:BEAST, this sounds like a perfect field for you! ;)
You got my attention, my good Tcherny chap. I think you may be right. :)
TheChosenOne wrote:Hey there Bloodites.. I was wondering something about a cool idea. Would caleb fit in a world of Gotham City. I don't know if any has read the Jonah Hex comics the last 3 years but following it story I came up with a cool idea of Caleb being in Modern and old Gotham City. Just some idea wondering in my head :roll: ... Let me know what you think!!!
TheChosenOne wrote:Hey there Bloodites.. I was wondering something about a cool idea. Would caleb fit in a world of Gotham City. I don't know if any has read the Jonah Hex comics the last 3 years but following it story I came up with a cool idea of Caleb being in Modern and old Gotham City. Just some idea wondering in my head :roll: ... Let me know what you think!!!
Greetings and welcome to the Transfusion sect of the Bloodites, TheChosenOne. I myself have wanted to mix Batman with Blood. I was originally wanting to use Tim Burton's Batman as inspiration for how to remake Blood 2 and make the cityscapes more interesting. Seeing how the Batman comics have evolved over the years, from slightly camp dark noir, to silly camp, to re-envisioned dark noir, to noir horror and German Gothicism has always fascinated me. The current Batman comics are a tad bit too self-serious, so I think it would be a great field for Caleb to meddle with. I know of one comic which I think could be used as a template for the story: Batman vs. Spawn. It was drawn by Todd McFarlane and written by Frank Miller, and it's just an example of a good idea done wrong. Batman is protrayed as being a testosterone-overload self-righteous asshole, and Spawn, the man whose past is less moral than Batman's, is actually the voice of reason and the straight man in the whole thing. I think of Spawn as The Crow as being partial inspirations for Caleb, so I think that Caleb should have some supernatural abilities when dealing with Batman and his menageries of villains (which he got from defeating Tchernobog). Let me sketch out an idea.

Caleb was wandering throughout the U.S. until he came upon a foggy path. Beyond that path, he came across Gotham City (of any time period you wish). He strolls on the side walks of the city, and discovers that it's full of every kind of demented criminal and corrupt policeman you could of imagine. Naturally, he blasts some heads. In response to his genocide, the Bat signal is turned on, and Batman starts chasing Caleb. Caleb blasts him with everything he's got, and Batman doesn't budge. Finally, he uses the Voodoo Doll, and Batman falls from a pulled leg muscle. Instead of killing him, Caleb just runs off into the seedier parts of Gotham. Caleb then gets the attention of the Penguin, who, impressed with Caleb's handling of Batman, asks him to steal some artifacts from a museum in exchange for something the Penguin has that Caleb wants (something Cabal based). At the museum, Caleb encounters members of the League of Assassins (who are the equivalent of the Cabal for this TC), and becomes a high priority for Ra'as Al Ghul's hit list. The Penguin double-crosses him, and turns into a Penguin-based monstrosity from the artifact he uncovered. Defeating him, Caleb wanders throughout the city, through points such as the Joker's Carnival and Fun House and a rye field belonging to the Scarecrow. At last, he finds Batman imprisoned and tortured by Hush, and Caleb has a boss fight with Hush and amputates all of his limbs. Batman, being freed, knocks Caleb out, and takes him to his Bat Cave to study him. Batman then realizes that Caleb's lineage and history and are somehow connected to the recent supernatural events going on in Gotham. All of his villains are engaged in occult rituals, and the League of Assassins have been implementing strategies very similar to the Cabal. He realizes that Caleb may be the only ally he can count upon, albeit an unpredictable ally, so they team up to find out the source of what's going on. They both encounter a ghoulish version of Catwoman, a zombified Riddler, hordes of League of Assassin acolytes in black robes, escapees from Arkham Asylum, and Mutant gangsters from The Dark Knight Returns.

It's just a suggestion. I may need to polish it a bit. I think that since Batman used to kill people in the early comics, you could get away with him temporarily condoning Caleb killing a few enemies for the time being. I suggest taking some inspiration from some of the early 30s comics and Knightfall, as well as some of the more recent comics. Blood Crossmatch would be perfect for what you want to do.
TheChosenOne
Axe Zombie

Post by TheChosenOne »

I will be honest with you BEAST. You got pretty cool imagination and I think that is fascinating. :-P Yeah I have read allot of Batman comics for I don't know how long. So the idea was pretty much for not making to much characters from the Batman Universe because I don't have much material for use. I mean I can almost convert any game models. I'm planning on creating some enemies from Blood 2 hopefully in 2d. This is pretty the much the plan I wanna use. Maybe you could like mix it up a little bit with your story.

PLAN FILE:
Caleb will travel through out time from present to past. You will explore location in GOTHAM CITY
You will visit old locations like London, the west and old Gotham city.

Some where between the gotham and london you discover someone is spreading the cholera infection that eventually
leads you to london.

"GOTHAM CITY 2028"

Start in Gotham city 2028. Caleb is traveling through out the states to find the remaining members of
the Cabal but, that seems to lead him to something else. Along time ago the Cabal had been talking about the
channeling knife. And since Gideon is gone it seems someone else is taking charge. While somewhere in Texas
Caleb discovers a old town that had been abandon for some time now. Caleb knows the Cabal are still somewhere
trying to build there army and to make there comeback. While exploring this old town what eventually
leads you to a lab underneath the old town. Through out the map you will find blueprints of
a Singularity Generator that has the power to open temporary rifts but they need the channeling knife.

Just a fast story put together :P The plan is that Caleb finds a portal or something beneath Old Gotham(Wonder City) that will lead you back in time. So you will travel through Old Gotham and London where you will encounter the last fight.(London will be like Nightmare Creatures)

Maybe If you could mix this up with your story and put here and there some flavour and try to find a way for making a big part for the Channeling Knife :wink:. This can become something cool eventually. O yeah before I forget have you read the new All star western stories from Jonah Hex.(Here is where I use the most ideas from) Let me know. :wink:
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

Thanks for liking my ideas. I haven't read Jonah Hex, but I'll check it out. Meanwhile, I'm recovering from something, and am preoccupied by another project. Still, I'd like to do some Batman/Blood drawings some point soon. :wink:
TheChosenOne
Axe Zombie

Post by TheChosenOne »

No problem. I'm gonna use as much as I can from your ideas for the first episode. Gonna try mixing it up a little bit with mine. I had made some maps in the past for Eduke32 but I couldn't get it done because I didn't know what way I should be going with the story :( . I always had a feeling that I needed to do something with Caleb in story. Here are some screens from the last map that I was working on, this was separate from the Blood Crossmatch mod.

Image Image Image