Influences and Ideas for a BLOOD 3

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

BEAST
Zealot

Re: Influences and Ideas for a BLOOD 3

Post by BEAST »

From playing NOLF, and from N0t_mINe's comment about Ophelia being intended to be stealthy, it's got me going on imagining how Ophelia would play in an alternative Blood II. She play like a mixture of Caleb and Cate Archer, and that she is capable of popping heads but is vulnerable. I think the boss fights she would go against should definitely be a cross between NOLF's and Clive Barker's Undying's bosses. I could imagine Gideon trying to make his moves on Ophelia (even though she is over a century old than him), with him employing those manipulative strategies that Tom Goodman from NOLF was good at. If I do that, then I'll have Ophelia go through some phase where she finds herself drawn to Gideon and feels tempted to betray Caleb. Ultimately, I'd want to give her a worthy boss fight in the vein of Blood 1's boss fights, but who? Cheogh back from dead? Or something else more along the lines of Blood II's Reality Beta?

The same could be asked for Ishmael or Gabriel.

It makes me want to do mod experiments with Blood 1 and 2, or Transfusion's current build, just to see what can be accomplished. I know that shouldn't make the "if only the source codes for those games were released," but I think it would be cool if ever the Blood source code was released, and if someone in the community created an Eblood engine, someone could do a pretty clever Blood II TC for that engine, or even a retro-styled Blood III for that engine....

Nah, I'm getting carried away. I'd much rather try to see Transfusion's engine in working order, and see what could be done with that.
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

http://web.archive.org/web/200310120207 ... om/review/

This Planet Blood review of Blood II probably might be of interest to you, gentlemen.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

BEAST wrote:
It makes me want to do mod experiments with Blood 1 and 2, or Transfusion's current build, just to see what can be accomplished. I know that shouldn't make the "if only the source codes for those games were released," but I think it would be cool if ever the Blood source code was released, and if someone in the community created an Eblood engine, someone could do a pretty clever Blood II TC for that engine, or even a retro-styled Blood III for that engine....

Nah, I'm getting carried away. I'd much rather try to see Transfusion's engine in working order, and see what could be done with that.

Blood2's game source code is available of course, but modding anything for lithtech Jupiter and below requires Microsoft VS C 6.0, no exceptions. A few peeps have claimed version 7 can work but what mods have been made for any game are unknown to me. Lithtech 1.5 has per map scripting, while lith 2.0 and above allows value changes at runtime via simple text changes. For real coding however...

Jupiter has it's engine code open sourced as of 2011 but only one project has ever been attempted, and that seems to have shut down.

https://github.com/jsj2008/lithtech/tre ... 75b108cf46

Transfusion engine/game code are open to the public thanks to a quit claim from Atari and The Dark places engine being GPL'ed. Unfortunately the source is written in something called quakeC, which is an ofshoot of the classic C programming language. I would be surprised to learn that any computer language department still teaches C code in this day and age, professional coders use C++ and above exclusively to my understanding of things. There are a few Dark places game modders out there so Transfusion isn't hopeless. There is very little AI for TFN save for the modified freakbot code used in the non networked tournament game, and that is somewhat buggy.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

BEAST wrote:http://web.archive.org/web/200310120207 ... om/review/

This Planet Blood review of Blood II probably might be of interest to you, gentlemen.
I agree pretty much entirely with that whole review excluding the bit about the cutscenes: they were pretty shoddy done in my opinion. Particularly the idle animations the characters had (looking back and fourth as if the cops were after them) deterred me from the experience of watching a conversion unfold. Then again, this was one of the few FPS games that actually bothered to make decent cutscenes so maybe I'll give them some slack. I will give lith credit for making the Chosen actually look like they were making smores by a campfire in the nightmare levels, that was cool to see! :D

Also BEAST, you mention Ophelia and her loyalty to Caleb both as a partner and as a Chosen one. Since this is pretty much a "throw your thoughts out there about a future Blood game", I'll just offer my cents on the wicked love of our favorite undead cowboy, Ophelia Price:

Ophelia to me is a woman who has lost so much in her life and also has alot of past trauma and emotions to deal with; of the four Chosen, she might be the most damaged. Her son and husband were killed by the Cabal but she blamed her spouse instead for his cowardice and betrayal. He seemingly did the right thing trying to move his family away from a dangerous cult that worshipped a malicious Dark God (perhaps he was fooled by lies of a better world), but Ophelia sided with the cult on this one. She most likely loved her young son as she literally went mad with grief after his death. This is then where Caleb swoops in and provides her the healing she desperately needed. Overtime they fall in love despite Caleb's initial reason for staying with her was to learn more of the cult, we see that Ophelia has become the center of Caleb's world due to his behavior at the Altar of Stone and in the Temple of Poon. Two, heartless killers somehow found affection for one-another (Ophelia's level of affection is detable as we only have the rushed product of Blood 2 really to go by.)

Fast forward 100 years and Ophelia is reunited with Caleb in Gideon's temple. She's flirtatious, she's snarky, and she's definitely sneaky (ditching sorority sisters for the cult & power.) We can assume this is her general personality and I don't mind Ophelia feeling disgusted with herself being an undead (can probably no longer have children which makes her feel ashamed) but hating Caleb outright I never agreed with and I'm glad it didn't seem to make it in Blood 2. If a new game is made, I'd like her to be a "tough on the outside but broken inside" type character, she's a cold assassin who lost nearly everything she loved and the only thing left is Caleb who she hasn't seen in 100 years. I want their relationship to be explored more, I want Ophelia to be vulnerable at times and have doubts while Caleb shows his own weaknesses and they both find a common ground. I want the fact that she's a failed mother to come into play, pondering if SHE is really the one to be blamed for her son's death. I want her to feel as if Caleb will never be attracted to her again because she's basically a walking corpse. I also friggin' want them to share a kiss at least once without it being too mushy as they aren't the type AT ALL (maybe a spontaneous smooch in the middle of a firefight? :P )
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

I like your style, dosgamer000. A lot of the things you said I agree with. I don't know why Planet Blood thought that the opening cinematic, or the cutscenes in game, were the best ever done. The intro cinematic (which was rendered) may have looked better than Blood 1's cutscenes, but it just had Caleb walking down train tracks by himself in a red light and Gideon self-satisfyingly describing Caleb's history. Kind of dull.

All those things you mentioned about Ophelia is definitely what makes her. If I had to redo Blood II, I'd have Ophelia being haunted by the ghostly memory of her son. I had it in my mind for an expansion boss for Blood 1 to have Ophelia's husband turn out not to be dead, that this rescinding the cult was a ruse, and became a hideously deformed Cultist boss for Caleb to fight.... That was kind of a bad idea. I mean, I know so little about Ophelia's husband except for the fact he tried to back out and put his family in danger because of it. Whether Ophelia was a Chosen at the this point I have no idea. It would be something to explore how she met her first husband, which one of them came to the Cabal first, and what their son was like. What amazes about this story is that Caleb cared for Ophelia once he found her going crazy with grief. Caleb's not usually one of pity or compassion, judging from his history as a reckless Old Texan gunslinger, but the fact that he decided to care for a woman he only just met after her life was destroyed is something. The fact that he was willing to join the cult which destroyed her is also something, not to mention Ophelia still retaining loyalty for the cult after her family's death. What was it about the Cabal that attracted him? The promise of eternal paradise in exchange just slaughtering people for a living, which is something the mainstream Christian religions would never promise to someone like Caleb? Whatever his reason, his reputation as a cold blooded gunslinger and Ophelia's reputation to still serve the Cabal after losing everything to them drove them both to become two of the top four elite soldiers of the Cabal. That is some impressive dedication.

I don't like the idea of Ophelia hating Caleb either, though if she did, it would be the result of all kinds of emotions which you mentioned and other things. I do think that there definitely should be scenes with Caleb and Ophelia making out. I think they should do it in Gideon's mansion bedroom (while he's away), and do it to the Fright Night song "Come to Me" (Instrumental).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97_wwmoGvFw

It's so eighties, I think it would fit the mood for a Blood sequel set in an urban futuristic setting.

So, Ophelia should not only have all these emotions you described, but also have to deal with culture shock of being awoken in the different time, still horrified that she is an undead heart-eater like Caleb, have Gideon randomly appearing to her like a combination of the G-Man and a sleazy vampire, and be tainted with slight doubts which continually mess with her love with Caleb. And the ghost of her son should haunt her randomly.

I've been working a little on my fan fiction/design document for my vision of Blood II just to imagine how the story would unfold if done right. For Ophelia's campaign, I have her originally start out with her old clothes from Blood 1, though ragged and bloodied, and while going on her own encounters a motorcycle gang. She defeats them, kills the leader, takes the leader's striped leather outfit, and goes motorcycling on the highway causing accidents, fires, and blood spills. She also acquires a silencer UZI and sniper rifle along the way, start infiltrating Cabalco factories in a manner akin to Cate Archer. Thought of including a flashback of Ophelia on horseback killing cow rustlers with a team of Cabal in the late 19th century.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

I'd just like to quickly add that BEAST's constant references to NOLF have forced me to re-install the game. You were right BEAST, this format for story telling would have worked well for a Blood3. It looks like I'm going to play through to the end of it this time, thanks for reminding me of this title.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

@BEAST:

Heh, thank you but my "style" is plain old honesty and respect for other people's opinions and differences in taste. That song you linked is definitely fitting for an intense, romantic scene between Caleb and Ophelia. An outburst of emotions for eachother isn't too unrealistic considering all the hardships they deal with and the lack of time to even talk to eachother (Cabal and otherworldly creatures comin' for them left and right!)

Speaking of love in the Blood world, if a Blood 3 was made, how would you want the relationship to end? For instance, they beat the next coming of Tchernobog, take over the Cabal/world for themselves, and then they finally have this cheesy wedding where Ophelia throws a bouquet towards a group of Chosen-loyal soldiers and then Caleb gets drunk off his ass while singing "We Are The Champions" on the karoke (terribly, mind you.) A silly ending could work I suppose, but perhaps a sadder ending would be better?

Chosen crew defeat Tchernobog but because Caleb is the next incarnation, he can never truly be destroyed unless Caleb stops existing. The Chosen are shocked and Ophelia is in denial about Caleb fading from her during the last bits of the game. Although he loves Ophelia dearly, he knows the world would be better if Tchernobog's power was released into the universe, with no chance of anyone using that power for their own benefit anymore. With the dreaming god's last breath, Tchernobog begins to reform due to his ties to Caleb and the gunslinger proudly arms his pitchfork and, while shooting Ophelia an uncertain gaze, makes a mad rush to pierce the core of his former master's body. Discharging every bit of his interdimension strength into Tchernobog begins to tear the flesh off both him and Caleb. With a roar of anger and pain, a swirling sphere of time/space energy entraps them both and it explodes into the atmosphere, Tchernobog finally being removed from existence and Caleb falls to the floor below with trenchcoat smoking from the blue flames of the demon. Ophelia rushes towards him and helps him up and he has seemingly destroyed his rival while maintaining his own existence. They smile to eachother while sharing some begruding signs of affection but red streams of energy start to rise from Caleb. Looking at himself in horror, he realized it was just too good to be true; he is slowly vanishing from reality as the cycle of incarnations had been done with. Gabby and Ish look on in dismay and Ophelia is consumed with a pent-up expression of sadness. She grabs onto him desperately but it is no use, his body is literally vanishing into blood-red lights of energy. Bringing a tender hand to Ophelia's, Caleb removes the hat he had for so long and gives it to her; to remember him by. Exchanging a few last words with his comrades Ishmael and Gabriella, he walks from the Chosen and accepts his tragic fate. As long as Ophelia is here, it isn't so bad.

...Whaddaya think? Horrible, not horrible? Just some idea pitch, I really don't want a sad ending myself as I wouldn't want to write an ending in a way that locks the storyline from making more Blood games. More Blood is MORE BLOOD! :drinkblood:
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

Heh, thank you but my "style" is plain old honesty and respect for other people's opinions and differences in taste
That's what I like about you. I'm very much the same way. :)
Chosen crew defeat Tchernobog but because Caleb is the next incarnation, he can never truly be destroyed unless Caleb stops existing. The Chosen are shocked and Ophelia is in denial about Caleb fading from her during the last bits of the game. Although he loves Ophelia dearly, he knows the world would be better if Tchernobog's power was released into the universe, with no chance of anyone using that power for their own benefit anymore. With the dreaming god's last breath, Tchernobog begins to reform due to his ties to Caleb and the gunslinger proudly arms his pitchfork and, while shooting Ophelia an uncertain gaze, makes a mad rush to pierce the core of his former master's body. Discharging every bit of his interdimension strength into Tchernobog begins to tear the flesh off both him and Caleb. With a roar of anger and pain, a swirling sphere of time/space energy entraps them both and it explodes into the atmosphere, Tchernobog finally being removed from existence and Caleb falls to the floor below with trenchcoat smoking from the blue flames of the demon. Ophelia rushes towards him and helps him up and he has seemingly destroyed his rival while maintaining his own existence. They smile to eachother while sharing some begruding signs of affection but red streams of energy start to rise from Caleb. Looking at himself in horror, he realized it was just too good to be true; he is slowly vanishing from reality as the cycle of incarnations had been done with. Gabby and Ish look on in dismay and Ophelia is consumed with a pent-up expression of sadness. She grabs onto him desperately but it is no use, his body is literally vanishing into blood-red lights of energy. Bringing a tender hand to Ophelia's, Caleb removes the hat he had for so long and gives it to her; to remember him by. Exchanging a few last words with his comrades Ishmael and Gabriella, he walks from the Chosen and accepts his tragic fate. As long as Ophelia is here, it isn't so bad.
It's funny that mention it, because I was thinking of what would have happened in Blood II if Caleb's control of Tchernobog got lost. What if during the course of the game, Tchernobog was waiting for the right moment for Caleb to achieve total power yet be just weak enough for him to take control. I thought that after Caleb defeated Gideon, Caleb would be weak from the fight, and Tchernobog would finally take over and then finish Gideon off himself. Why? Because I think that the Ancient One, the Reality Beta menace at the end of Blood II, was an old rival of Tchernobog's, and Gideon was working for the Ancient One, who promised him that if he killed Caleb, Gideon would control Tchernobog. Upon the revelation, Gideon is slaughtered, and Caleb's bones start to expand and rip his flesh apart, his trench coat and hat expand and become ragged as well, and you get a titanic Tchernobog that's dressed like Caleb (even has his long hair and other freaky features), armed with two really big sawed-off shotguns, and whose voice is an mix of Tchernobog's and Caleb's voices. He even alternates on lines given by Tchernobog and lines given by Caleb. In a vein similar to MDK 2, I'd allow the player to choose which Chosen among the remaining three to play, and then fight the Caleb/Tchernobog with the other two Chosen in the middle of a city street. There could be multiple ways to defeat this new Tchernobog, some which would permanently kill both Caleb and Tchernobog, and others which would preserve both yet bring Caleb back to normal. If Caleb resumes his control over Tchernobog, all four Chosen then have to go to the Reality Beta to face off the Ancient One and close the rifts... And I would have Caleb and Ophelia complain that they've had enough boss battles, but Ishmael urges them to do this or they will not have a world to control.

I think you're on the right track dosgamer000 to take Blood to the direction of a horror tragedy or bloody morality play. I think that perhaps some Greek theater might work within the confines of Blood's universe.
Speaking of love in the Blood world, if a Blood 3 was made, how would you want the relationship to end? For instance, they beat the next coming of Tchernobog, take over the Cabal/world for themselves, and then they finally have this cheesy wedding where Ophelia throws a bouquet towards a group of Chosen-loyal soldiers and then Caleb gets drunk off his ass while singing "We Are The Champions" on the karoke (terribly, mind you.) A silly ending could work I suppose, but perhaps a sadder ending would be better?
I think that's hilarious :lol: . You know, at the time when I was idolizing the Blood series, even though I had only played the shareware version of Blood and played the demo for Blood II, and know only what happens in the games from walkthroughs, I conceived of an expansion of Ophelia being forced into a wedding by a Blood-incarnation of The Phantom of the Opera, who has acquired to loyalty of a splinter group of Cabal soldiers and otherworldly critters. I was trying to opt for a unique boss battle like Plasma Pak did with it's final boss level, "Beauty and the Beast." I remember writing the backstory out for how it would happen, and drawing up new enemies and weapons but they were probably all thrown away when I was in middle or elementary school. I remember wanting to do this expansion very much in the vein of what Blood II: Revelations was supposed to be. I could try to see if it could work as a mod.

Oh, at the part when you were mentioning the Ophelia sorority level in The Nightmare Levels, I think the expansion should be remade to make the sorority more fitting to the Bloood timeline. Set in a women's college in a setting akin to Anne of Green Gables or Kate Chopin's The Awakening. Could you imagine Ophelia dressed up like one of those fancy women of the time, listening to all the contrived and over polite conversations of her fellow genteel lady students, and then slitting their throats? Then, you would have old style cloaked Cultists and Fanatics armed with revolvers, sawed-off shotguns, and repeating rifles entering the sorority with some zombified college students at their backs. And there would be Hell Hands and Spiders lurking under the beds. That would add a whole level of authenticity to that level.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

BEAST wrote:The intro cinematic (which was rendered) may have looked better than Blood 1's cutscenes, but it just had Caleb walking down train tracks by himself in a red light and Gideon self-satisfyingly describing Caleb's history. Kind of dull.
Have to disagree with you on the opening cinematic - the image of Caleb walking down the train tracks, the red light flashing on him and somehow revealing the gaunt skeletal remains that he would surely have been if untouched by the Cabal, is actually one of the more iconic images of the series. Gideon's opening narration is both well written and well performed, and is coupled with good musical accompaniment which helps drive you into the game's action. I really do not see how you can criticize that.

As for the other cutscenes, they do indeed vary in terms of quality, and many of them do indeed look like they were left half-finished, just as one would expect from a game that was kicked out the door way too early.
dosgamer000 wrote:Whaddaya think? Horrible, not horrible? Just some idea pitch, I really don't want a sad ending myself as I wouldn't want to write an ending in a way that locks the storyline from making more Blood games.
It is the best ending I have heard for the series so far - it has the virtue of not selling the events of the previous games short. There is an element of the tragic that does help communicate weight, and what Blood II failed to do was live up to the weight of the original, which is really the most valid complaint against it. As much as I actually do like Blood II, it definitely did need a little more of the profound.
BEAST wrote:Oh, at the part when you were mentioning the Ophelia sorority level in The Nightmare Levels, I think the expansion should be remade to make the sorority more fitting to the Bloood timeline.
Well, it was done as a send up to old 1950's horror movies, which is why they set it in a sorority in the first place. If it was not for those film's existence I doubt anyone would have thought of making the connection between Ophelia and College.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

@BEAST:

Gideon is a character to me that has (or should've had) more depth to his personality than what he got. My vision of Blood 3 had a resurrected Gideon and his motives on paper were loyalty to Tchernobog but what he actually wanted was to break free of the cycle of incarnations. If Gideon brought Tchernobog back, he'd have to offer his mind, body, soul, and freedom as a vessel for Tchernobog to inhabit. Now, Caleb is basically Tchernobog now but he is totally his own man. Gideon's case is different as he is aware that Tchernobog betrayed Caleb out of power and feigns the attitude of a devout fanatic of the Cabal. Basically, Gideon would acquire the incarnation of the unused "channeling knife" (Blood Wiki has some info on this) and sapped enough power from Caleb to have some "binding" powers without Tchernobog's will overtaking him. This is off the top of my head but what if Caleb absorbed Tchernobog's strength but because he was an evil and hate filled man as the Blood 2 manual says, his will and consciousness remained somewhere in the universe? This is why Gideon is hesitant to bring about a new incarnation and tries to take Caleb's power without "summoning" Tchernobog himself. He just doesn't seem like the blind follower type in my ideas.

Also, BEAST, you are not the only one to write stuff down for Blood mods and levels. I had many, many, MANY ideas for new Blood levels/episodes when I was a kid. One was Caleb making a trek to a diseased, Raccoon City-like town in a snowy region to investigate an outbreak of this disease that turned humans into zombies. It started in the town but then lead into the water treatment plant where Caleb learns that the cult poisoned the water supply to create more undead soldiers. I think the finally level was in an underground laboratory (ala E4M1: Butchery Loves Company) and there was a heavy water theme to it. I named my little expansion pack "In Sickness and in Health". :P Now that I think of it, it sounds alot like Bloatoid's "Hostile Takeover" mapset.

Haha I had an idea for a humorous Blood mod too and it was styled in the same vein as the Nightmare Levels. It had the Chosen going to Egypt/traveling back in time and they wore appropriate clothing based on were they were at the moment (Caleb looked like a Pharaoh, Ophelia looked like Cleopatra, etc.) It would jump through different areas like Japan, Greece, and other places. I don't recall much of a storyline but I basically just wanted an excuse for the Chosen to were different clothes! :D

@Tchernobog:

Best ending pitch you heard? Wow, that means alot my friend. :) I drew inspiration from the story of one of my favorite video games that will remain nameless only because it's an awesome game and I don't wanna spoil it for anyone. Medicine pouches to those who know what game I'm talking about though. ;)

Out of curiosity Tchernobog, do you have any thoughts/comments on how a Blood 3 should wrap up it's story?
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

Tchernobog wrote:
Have to disagree with you on the opening cinematic - the image of Caleb walking down the train tracks, the red light flashing on him and somehow revealing the gaunt skeletal remains that he would surely have been if untouched by the Cabal, is actually one of the more iconic images of the series. Gideon's opening narration is both well written and well performed, and is coupled with good musical accompaniment which helps drive you into the game's action. I really do not see how you can criticize that.
I do like it, and Gideon's voiceover was well done. I was just surprised to see that that was all the intro was... I think I better link the intro just refresh everyone's memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvhBy8wpOvU

I am still kind of surprised that Gideon's voice was older than I was led to believe, but I do like the voice actor. He delivered his lines well in Blood II, and he delivered his lines well in Shogo.

Actually... upon re-viewing the cinematic, it is well done... There just should have been more like the first.
Tchernobog wrote: Well, it was done as a send up to old 1950's horror movies, which is why they set it in a sorority in the first place. If it was not for those film's existence I doubt anyone would have thought of making the connection between Ophelia and College.
Don't get me wrong. When I finally played the level, I did find it very fun, and I still think it funny that Ophelia is anxious about Caleb discovering that she belonged to the sorority that the Cabal wanted to destroy. But you got to admit, it sounds like a fun idea to remake the level in a setting akin to Anne of Green Gables.
dosgamer000 wrote:Also, BEAST, you are not the only one to write stuff down for Blood mods and levels. I had many, many, MANY ideas for new Blood levels/episodes when I was a kid. One was Caleb making a trek to a diseased, Raccoon City-like town in a snowy region to investigate an outbreak of this disease that turned humans into zombies. It started in the town but then lead into the water treatment plant where Caleb learns that the cult poisoned the water supply to create more undead soldiers. I think the finally level was in an underground laboratory (ala E4M1: Butchery Loves Company) and there was a heavy water theme to it. I named my little expansion pack "In Sickness and in Health". :P Now that I think of it, it sounds alot like Bloatoid's "Hostile Takeover" mapset.
:D You're a bloodite after my own heart, dosgamer000. I just wish that I kept a lot of my older drawings from my childhood, because some of the ideas I can up with in the past seem so much more inspired then what I have now. I'm 26, yet I still retain the ambition of creating the expansion packs I so wanted to make for so many games, even if it seems a little late.

But what did you think of my Tchernobog/Caleb boss scenario?
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

@BEAST:

The whole Caleb/Tchernobog boss scenario actually reminds me of this one final boss in another game. He took on this monstrous version of his human self and was empowered by a possessive spirit inside him. The protagonist (his own son) is forced to kill him as he lost his mind in the process. It would be pretty awesome actually as long as players have the option of saving Caleb from Tchernobog's possession.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Sorry for the following barrage of links. Self promotion, don't you know. :)
dosgamer000 wrote:Out of curiosity Tchernobog, do you have any thoughts/comments on how a Blood 3 should wrap up it's story?
I had never given that specific point that much thought before actually. I do kind of like what Tequila Software was doing with regards to Blood II: Revelations, which thankfully was more fully expanded upon by what seems to have been one of the original team members on our Blood Wiki article on the topic:

http://www.blood-wiki.org/index.php/Revelations

I don't know the origin of that information for sure, but it definitely looks to have come from someone involved in the original project.
BEAST wrote:Don't get me wrong. When I finally played the level, I did find it very fun, and I still think it funny that Ophelia is anxious about Caleb discovering that she belonged to the sorority that the Cabal wanted to destroy. But you got to admit, it sounds like a fun idea to remake the level in a setting akin to Anne of Green Gables.
I actually do not know that much about Anne of Green Gables, which is funny since I am the Canuck here, but then I am very much a Prairie boy myself.

I do agree that it would have been interesting if the developers tried to be a bit more authentic, however.

http://www.blood-wiki.org/index.php/The ... achronisms
BEAST wrote:I just wish that I kept a lot of my older drawings from my childhood, because some of the ideas I can up with in the past seem so much more inspired then what I have now. I'm 26, yet I still retain the ambition of creating the expansion packs I so wanted to make for so many games, even if it seems a little late.
Well, soon after me and my brothers started the Blood Wiki we did kick around a few ideas with one of our early contributors towards creating a fan made sequel to Blood II, which predictably never really went off the ground. We were all about 14 at the time, which might go a ways to explain why this was the case.

http://www.blood-wiki.org/index.php/The_Reckoning:Main

Our time was in the end better spent on the Wiki proper anyway. Much brighter returns. 8)
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

I had never given that specific point that much thought before actually. I do kind of like what Tequila Software was doing with regards to Blood II: Revelations, which thankfully was more fully expanded upon by what seems to have been one of the original team members on our Blood Wiki article on the topic:

http://www.blood-wiki.org/index.php/Revelations

I don't know the origin of that information for sure, but it definitely looks to have come from someone involved in the original project.
So someone who worked on Revelations contributed to your wiki?! How do you know? I was glancing at the level descriptions, and I must say that I am amazed that information like that for a long-forgotten expansion pack attempt actually came up after all these years. I forgotten that Cain was infested by a bone leech yet manged to control it before being completely taken over. Strange thing is that I came up with a boss fight for my revised Blood II fan concept which involved a half-zombified soldier of fortune, and that he would be the only close thing to an axe zombie in Blood II's setting.
I actually do not know that much about Anne of Green Gables, which is funny since I am the Canuck here, but then I am very much a Prairie boy myself.
My mom used to watch both the famed TV movies of Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea, so that's how I knew about them from for awhile. Here's some clips that will give a good idea about it's setting. Sorry if they're kind of sappy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo9IjDepaT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZW6eBrWH9w

However, Ophelia's sorority might have taken place somewhere in the South, or Southwest (or still in Texas), so you might use some boorish period piece about southern aristocrat life in the late 19th century. Well... Bonanza takes place in Nevada, but it's set in the Old West (though it jumped before and after the Civil War in it's timeline), and there a bunch of college educated women in that show who happen to come to Nevada because some shenanigans involving their fathers.
Well, soon after me and my brothers started the Blood Wiki we did kick around a few ideas with one of our early contributors towards creating a fan made sequel to Blood II, which predictably never really went off the ground. We were all about 14 at the time, which might go a ways to explain why this was the case.

http://www.blood-wiki.org/index.php/The_Reckoning:Main

Our time was in the end better spent on the Wiki proper anyway. Much brighter returns. 8)
I checked a little of it out. I am very much intrigued. Especially with the mysterious monk ghost. :wink:
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

BEAST wrote:So someone who worked on Revelations contributed to your wiki?! How do you know?
As I said I do not know for sure, but it sure looks like someone ripped that from a some long forgotten design document.