3RD_EYE WIP

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

N0t_mINe
Acolyte

3RD_EYE WIP

Post by N0t_mINe »

A work in progress Blood 2 Project By W.L. Branyon

3RD_EYE will be a 4 rez file reconstruction of Blood2 and its universe. My original plan includes making a separate REZ file for each of the Chosen, with each Chosen character going through their own map selection, weapon/item inventories and their own special sorts of adversaries. That's enough for now. Time for some screenies.

When you wake up with your head against the monitor after 3 hours of sleep, you know you need to give up those "all-nighters".

Now that's odd, when I edit the post the links are there, but they don't work. I guess image shack's tags are as gOofy as mine :| Lets put them up as links for now.

A hostile victim with boneleech attached.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/827/y291.png/

Experimental mini-caleb, far from finished.
http://imageshack.us/a/img801/4346/4clv.png

Mini-caleb latches on to attack, with only 1 or 2 bounding box issues.
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/16/837.bmp

This almost works. Sure would like to know why this:
""

doesn't work, minus the quotes and break of course.

Last edited by N0t_mINe on Sat Sep 14, 2013 02:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Re: [B]3RD_EYE WIP[/B]

Post by Tchernobog »

:shock:

:o

:)

:D

8)

:guns:

'Nuff said.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Re: 3RD_EYE WIP

Post by N0t_mINe »

Shoulda used thumbnails. :lol:
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

UPDATE:

I can't compile a Cshell.dll or a LTO.object, so I'll be reusing DarkAct and Voodoo1.4, possibly others as well. Just one more reason to use separate rezs for each character. I'll try not to use the same maps for each of the chosen, if it turns out that I have to then I'll make them cosmetically different at least. If it's possible to use a save game file for play without too much fuss for the player, we might have different start points on the map, maybe a few different items. Needless to say that even minor map changes like that are a long shot at best.

Tentatively: Caleb's setting is going to be in a gothic, not so distant past, Ishy's gonna be far future. Still not sure about Ophelia and gaby.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

A Blood 2 MOD announced on Friday the 13th? What could be better than that? You just made my day!

I wish you great success! Can't wait.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

@ILA

Reusing a lot of the stuff I promised I'd send yo a year or 2 ago. I hope you don't remember- :oops: :shock:

@Tcherny

Having to relearn quite a few hacks and maybe develop a few new ones. Still not sure how much I can get away with. This'll take some time.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Take your time. No pressure.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

I Live...AGAIN wrote:A Blood 2 MOD announced on Friday the 13th? What could be better than that? You just made my day!
I was born on Friday the 13th. Just saying... :P
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

@ Anyone:

There are no trade secrets with me, Not with b2 modding. The lack of source code from darkact/ voodoo1.4 is why b2 is largely unmodifiable now .

The civilian model has replaced the souldrudge in the screenie above. The pipe/axe/crowbar powerup models have been replaced with a boneleech model, which was repositioned using the modeledit rotation/transition commands.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Tchernobog wrote: I was born on Friday the 13th. Just saying... :P
I am not surprised by this one bit with you sir :D
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

I wish you the best of luck on this Blood 2 project! :D

How about giving Gabby some tribal/voodoo-ish levels as she is Creole, no? That and she was born into a warrior family according to Blood 2.

For Ophelia, maybe some levels that require lots of platforming and long-range fighting with a sniper rifle? She's a sniper and a stealth expert so a dark series of urban rooftops with plenty of chances to get the drop on enemies might be interesting for her. Think of The Cathedral in Blood 2.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

dosgamer000 wrote:I wish you the best of luck on this Blood 2 project! :D

How about giving Gabby some tribal/voodoo-ish levels as she is Creole, no? That and she was born into a warrior family according to Blood 2.

For Ophelia, maybe some levels that require lots of platforming and long-range fighting with a sniper rifle? She's a sniper and a stealth expert so a dark series of urban rooftops with plenty of chances to get the drop on enemies might be interesting for her. Think of The Cathedral in Blood 2.
Thanks for the well-wishes dosgamer000. One of the main forms of paralysis that have struck me lately is what to do about maps. Suggesting fans replay blood2 levels yet again seems almost cruel, yet that's what I'm faced with. I'm seriously considering retexturing some old shogo maps just to get away from b2 standard. Supposedly shogo dedit is the only early lith editor that works correctly anyway, at least that's what I hear.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Looks like I'll be taking an internetless vacation of sorts. I'll be back in late Sept. probably with with a little more knowledge of what this thing will consist of.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Have a good vacation! Enjoy!

BTW:Shogo's Dedit is about identical to Blood 2's. With a little work, anything can be used between the 2 games including maps. You can actually open B2's resource files in Shogo's Dedit and vice versa.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

ILA:
BTW:Shogo's Dedit is about identical to Blood 2's. With a little work, anything can be used between the 2 games including maps. You can actually open B2's resource files in Shogo's Dedit and vice versa.
Heh heh. Not DLLs unfortunately. Also, shogo "wraps" model skins a little differently than b2. I think some photoshop time might fix that but I'm not sure if it would be the proper direction. I'd kill for shogo's pathfinding- or lack thereof to be precise. *Sigh* A blood derived game doesn't function without robust melee attacks from hostiles, so sticking with b2 is the more realistic solution, especially whe my skill level is taken into consideration.