Blood The Reckoning

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Caleb88
Cultist

Blood The Reckoning

Post by Caleb88 »

Hey, I registered here cause it seems for me the only Blood-Community that is still alive :D
I thought maybe some guys of you would be interested in my current project, a complete Blood-Game.
I dunno if I should name it Blood 3 or something like Blood: Reborn or anything else.

A little about me: I have played Blood since it came out, and still do it by downloading new maps (thanks to all who still create awesome blood campaigns!) And because it doesn't seem as if Monolith or anybody out there wants to develop a new Blood 3 game I have to do it on my own!! And here I am....presenting my first results. Hope you like them :)

Here a gameplay-video for you all :phantasm:
http://vimeo.com/36242946

..and of course a screenshot!

greetings, Caleb88
Last edited by Caleb88 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 07:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Re: My Blood 3

Post by Tchernobog »

Ignoring potential legal issues for a moment, what engine are you building this on?
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Arrrh, A strange creature this be maties. We'll keeps 'er under tight watch that we wills.
Caleb88
Cultist

Post by Caleb88 »

Tchernobog wrote:Ignoring potential legal issues for a moment, what engine are you building this on?
I created this engine on my own. I develop on it since April last year. When you watch the video-link on vimeo you can see on the right side of the vimeo-page developer videos of my engine!
And also the textures, 3d-models, animations and sounds are all my work! So as long I don't directly call this game "Blood" there are no problems concerning copyrights :)
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Okay, what platforms do you intended to support?
Caleb88
Cultist

Post by Caleb88 »

Ahm, right now I only make it for Windows PC...and I don't really think about extending it t Xbox or something.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Well, what are you making the engine in?
Caleb88
Cultist

Post by Caleb88 »

It is an OpenGL-based game engine. I originally created it for another game I wanted to make but I never really started with the content, only programmed on the engine when I had time.
The idea with recreating Blood is older than the engine itself, but I always thought uuuh that would be much work.
For this test map I showed you it took me 3 full days to create the gun, the zombie and all the weapon animations, character animations, textures for everything, the sound effects and the "intelligence" for the characters. I have some free time the next days yo sou can expect more to come. I want to make some more different animations, behaves and textures for the zombie you saw in the gameplay so that the playing experience grows :)
Then my plan is to create a first test-map with the zombies and the double-barelled pistol, as well as a weapon like fists or feet for kicking, punching the zombies :guns:
And then I am going to offer this testmap for download. The loading time for the game as well as the place it requires on the hard drive are very very low, just to say that.

And concerning publishing....I don't want to make any cash with this game, everything will be totally free, no copyrights on textures or something, all freely useable. And I also want to make the game mod-friendly so that people who are interested can change any detail they like, no matter if enemies, guns, maps or sounds.
I will also modify the editor I have cerated with my engine, so people can make costum maps. A screenshot can be found here !
Of course there will be tutorials for this as soon as the game includes some more weapons.

And as I said...right now...only for windows, just because it's the easiest way for me to do.

greetings, Caleb88
Caleb88
Cultist

Post by Caleb88 »

Just started to build the first map for my Blood(3). Still need some days to build and code a little, but all in all I think it looks good. :)

N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Holy flaming map formats man! how far along is this engine? is collision detection working? What model/texture formats does it use? And how about lighting? Does it use shaders?
Caleb88
Cultist

Post by Caleb88 »

The engine is ready and only needs Data to be filled with^^ I am still building on the first map to play with.
The texture-formats, model formats and animation formats are all my own creations. Lighting is done by some spotlights, nothing special as most of the light effects come from the textures and global colors. Looks great!!!
And right now there are no shaders in use, would take some time to implement this and I think it looks good enough this way.

greetings
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Do you have any previous experience in the industry? This looks like a bit much for a dedicated amateur.
Caleb88
Cultist

Post by Caleb88 »

It's not my first game, but the first that will include more than a small test-area and some concepts like I have done it until now. But I never worked anywhere in the industry, I all thought it by myself.
Here is a kind of development-history of my engine on an OpenGL-Forum-Page.(everything in german) As you can see there it all started very low!
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

So you are using Delphi then? Interesting. :)
TheDerangedOne
Axe Zombie

Post by TheDerangedOne »

Caleb88 wrote: Image
Ooooohhhhh! Dual cylinder revolver :D!!!
*cough*
The entire thing Looks nice, really nice, though the graphics look rather familiar, I keep thinking half life or half life 2.