VOXEL PACK V1.0

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

No One
Axe Zombie

VOXEL PACK V1.0

Post by No One »

So, it voxel pack from 89 high-quality models which can be installed on any user addition.
Image Image

Installation:
-------

1. Unpack in a folder with Blood
2. Start VOXEL.BAT. It will add all models in BLOOD.RFF but if your addition uses other resource archive, you can change corresponding lines in a BAT-file.

Remarks:
-------

* - VOXEL.DAT and SURFACE.DAT should be without fail replaced and be delivered together with your addition. I will notice as that files, but not values in them are replaced only. Thus, replacing you only add new models, without replacing the old.

* - All sprites corresponding to models are in file TILES018.ART and it also should be delivered together with your addition.

* - Visual samples of models you can consider in mapfile VOXEL.MAP, and ID - in script MODELS.RFS

About that how to create your own model it is possible to read in this article.

Download:
-------

filezzz.com
RGhost
Ransu
Cheetah

Re: VOXEL PACK V1.0

Post by Ransu »

This is pretty awesome. I'll have to play Blood with it sometime. If you plan on making updates then I'd love to see them.
No One
Axe Zombie

Post by No One »

Updatings will precisely appear, while I create mods as itself I use models. Further I do not know. Now I work over last part BAITD (demo next month is planned).
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Sorry for the slow response to this. Looks great. :)

As someone stuck on a single core (for now), I do wonder what kind of performance drain these may have if used heavily in a mod. Dosbox can be a serious CPU hog sometimes. So how much do voxels add on top?
No One
Axe Zombie

Post by No One »

Conversations on that models can affect somehow productivity Blood - a myth. As it was described in article about creation of models, poly2vox it is capable to convert model without interiors, that is absolutely empty that considerably reduces requirements to the hardware. Try to play in NAITD and you will see that productivity doesn't fall at all.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

No One wrote:Conversations on that models can affect somehow productivity Blood - a myth. As it was described in article about creation of models, poly2vox it is capable to convert model without interiors, that is absolutely empty that considerably reduces requirements to the hardware. Try to play in NAITD and you will see that productivity doesn't fall at all.
Okay, but wouldn't that mean you are using polygons instead of voxels? Still neat though.
No One
Axe Zombie

Post by No One »

Yes, but as models are created empty, it is required much less resources to display it. Hence and requirements become less.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

No One wrote:Yes, but as models are created empty, it is required much less resources to display it. Hence and requirements become less.
Yes, I understand that. That is why polygons have been the norm for the past fifteen years until Minecraft arrived and suddenly made Voxels this exciting new technology again that can transform gaming! :wink:

Still, in the long term, the real solution is for me to finnally get around to my CPU upgrade. Seriously, trying to play DeathWish at a decent resolution is something of a crawl for me. Or I could wait for BloodXL to mature. :)
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

I put all the files into the directory and ran the BAT. Still no new models. Could anyone help this ancient noob out?
No One
Axe Zombie

Post by No One »

You have misunderstood a message essence. I meant that everyone mapper, modbuilder can use this package for the future addon.