LOI Remake Progress

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

DwayneA
Zealot

LOI Remake Progress

Post by DwayneA »

I'm making great progress so far on the remake of Legends of Iconoclast. I figure I'll work on one part at a time, one level at a time.

Here's what I've got so far:

-More new sounds! (Some of the older ones have been replaced with newer sounds). I've also done some work on the new sounds to remove hissing, clicks, pops, and other noise.
-More new music tracks! (Some of the older ones have been replaced or removed)
-Improvements to storyline so that the plot has nothing to do with the universe or canon of Blood. In other words, new hero, new villain, but will keep the rest. Cutscenes will come as readable textfiles.
-Five brand new never before seen levels!

So far, I've completed the first two episodes of part 1, 11 levels so far!

Now if only there was a way to upload images of the levels to share with everyone here.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Re: LOI Remake Progress

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Awesome Dwayne! Looking forward to seeing some screens....
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Sounds epic Dwayne. :D

And as I recently said to Vanargand in another thread, you could just upload them to ImageShack and use the forum thumbnail code.
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

how do I do this? Can you tell me? Greatly appreciated.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Go to http://www.imageshack.us/ and use their upload form to upload your image. Please remember that it can get picky about formats, so try to keep it something standard such as a PNG.

Once uploaded, you will be offered various ways to share your picture. How you wish to proceed from here is up to you, though I usually grab the code in the box labelled as "Forum Thumbnail" and copy it into my forum message so you can get a nice preview such as this:

If you click on it you will be directed to the full size image.

And the first person who can guess what level it is showing gets a shiny penny. :P

EDIT: Keep in mind that this code can be used on how many different forums you like once you have uploaded the image to ImageShack.
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

Here's a sample from Episode 1 of Part 1

City Under Seige

Sewage System

The Docks

Voyage of the Scourge

If you want to see more let me know.
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

So far, I've completed thirteen levels. Some are better versions of existing levels (different textures, new sectors, more sprites, etc) and some are brand new never before seen levels. Some of the new levels are completely different versions of a level, that is, they replace that level.

Anyway, here are the completed level list:

1.City Under Seige
2.Sewage System (new level)
3.The Docks
4.Voyage of the Scourge
5.Iconoclast Forest (replaces Where Am I?)
6.Gate To Iconoclast
7.Iconoclast Castle
8.Deadwood Forest (new level)
9.Bascillica of Garibaldi
10.Chambers of the Scourge (new level)
11.Garibaldi's Sanctuary (new level, boss level)
12.Phantom Wood (new level)
13.Dunkilus Gate

Currently I'm working on Murlock's Keep, which is another replacement level.
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

bump
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

in case you're all wondering, Garibaldi is the name of the new villain in part 1
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Great stuff DwanyeA! Keep it up!
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

should I post more screens?
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

Good show, DwayneA!

Ever since I came across the news of the mod on Planet Blood when it was still pumping, and the mod's original web site, I thought it was a cool and inspired concept. Caleb-- back in time in the Middle Ages! After coming across Army of Darkness, I got that it was kind of homage, and I found it even cooler. Your story and setup had a lot of potential. Sadly, I never got to play it, but I did see some gameplay videos of the mod.
As for the complaints about Caleb being a hero, I might be the one of the few who doesn't mind this. It just a mod, for heaven's sake! Caleb needs to have moments that are out of character at least once in a while! Besides I like Caleb fighting the Medieval incarnations of the Cabal, as well as fighting in the Medieval Period itself. Also, in order for your new main character to be different from Caleb, you may need to use recordings from a new voice actor, with new wisecracks, etc. (Or, just mute the hero, so he doesn't sound like Caleb).
What I would like to see in the Legends of the Iconoclast remake would more Medieval elements, such as medieval versions of BLOOD's enemies, and in addition Heretic styled weapons.
The enemies could include:
Sword wielding Cultists
Crossbow armed Fanatics
Celtic barbarian Axe Zombies (Zombie versions of Braveheart's William Wallace
Medieval merchant and nobility Fat Zombies

I hope that you'll be able to redesign new bosses for the remake, too.

Anyway, I'm glad that you're approaching your classic project again. Good luck with your bloody harvest!

You'll know what to do when the time comes!
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

I don't think any of those new enemy designs will be possible. I don't even know how to create my own art.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

BEAST wrote:As for the complaints about Caleb being a hero, I might be the one of the few who doesn't mind this. It just a mod, for heaven's sake! Caleb needs to have moments that are out of character at least once in a while! Besides I like Caleb fighting the Medieval incarnations of the Cabal, as well as fighting in the Medieval Period itself. Also, in order for your new main character to be different from Caleb, you may need to use recordings from a new voice actor, with new wisecracks, etc. (Or, just mute the hero, so he doesn't sound like Caleb).
I myself was not neccesarily against having Caleb as a hero either, though I am only really familar with LOI by reputation at the momment. I beleave I did download and play the first level of it at one point, but that was the copy of Blood that I somehow borked by playing one two many fan maps while not knowing what I was doing. :?

But I can understand why he made the change, especally since there are those in a community who take Blood very seriously and can get put off if anyone trys to make a project which changes any important aspects of it. I sincerly doubt there would be anyone really that upset about the converse, the removal of Caleb from the mod, especially since Dwayne has been implying that the chang has given him some more creative freedom in some ways anyway. :)
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

I finished the first 3 episodes of part 1, that's seventeen levels in total, so I'm over half done with part 1. I've just started on the castle section of the game.