Bloody Pulp Fiction Addon Released!!

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Yeah sorry, I'll eventually compile them both together but i wanted to get it out for people to play quick.

You need to have 1.1 ress file in your blood dir THEN run the bpf updater and then the go bat to play
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Ah sweet! You finally finished it! I've been gone a while because my motherboard went bad, but I bought a new one so I'll try this out and hear my sounds in it. :wink:
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

I'm sorry for double posting but I just had to say that the RunForYourLife midi is an alpha/beta Blood MIDI that I changed the instruments on a long time ago. I completely forgot about it and I can understand why I'm not credited for it since Monolith originally made it. :P I'm having fun with the first map of the game so far, but DOSBox has bad frame rates when I look at the snow coming down. I guess I'll try tweaking some settings. Great job, guys! :D
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Hmmm i thought we did add a credit to you Ransu, well if not then i'm sorry because your Track remixes are awesome.

But the main reason for this post is......
The new Full 1.2version no installer Download of BPF (now with BARF included) is available at the BPF homepage
http://bpf.deathmask.net/

Remember the process for getting it to work is to unzip all files to a clean OWU install and then REPLACE both the Blood.ini and Blood.cfg files with the BPF.ini and BPF.cfg files by deleting the originals and renaming.

Any problems get into contact with me or Wangho
Bloody
Axe Zombie

Post by Bloody »

Oh I guess I have to try this non installer Version !

But can I start the game via deathmasks way of running blood perfectly ? Dosbox always sucks... I could'nt play episode one because of the lagging speed :( !

I changed the mem size in the dosbox config file but it didn't work. I just want to play this great addon as I can play regular blood and all addons. just running perfectly on XP ! :D
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Im not sure Bloody, you'll just have to play around with it. There are a few ways to get it to work. Some have no problems, others have all kinds of problems trying to get it to work
Bloody
Axe Zombie

Post by Bloody »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK :D Unbeleavable it just works man :D ! Installed a frehs One of my OUWB copied alle the files, did a renaming, setup my sound settings (controlls, screen etc.) via Deathmask Way and running it without problems with the blood.vlp Deathmask-Style file :D !

No lagging, no s*** (okay only played a few seconds... but last time it was lagging s*** from the start)

damn f*** m an, great I wnated to play this great addon all the time... and now it seems like I can enjoy this evening with some good Haze and a great atmospheric addon, spilling more blood and kicking zombies heads :D

Damn, YEAH !!! thank you for this opportunity wich seems to solve all my problems !
Bloody
Axe Zombie

Post by Bloody »

hehe, well where comes this from... first episode, first level played music, the next two levels not. Do you know why this could be so ? IN the ghost own level a voice repeatingly says "asshole" is this normal ;D ?
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Bloody wrote:hehe, well where comes this from... first episode, first level played music, the next two levels not. Do you know why this could be so ? IN the ghost own level a voice repeatingly says "asshole" is this normal ;D ?
It's NOT normal. There are tons of sounds that are custom for the addon that you do not have installed. Do you have a file called barf.exe in the folder? Get the 'No-Installer' version from RedFanatic's website. You at least need our .RFF file and all the .Raw files in it's contents.
Bloody
Axe Zombie

Post by Bloody »

Hey man,

I got the non-installer version ;D ! I also have the barf.exe in this folder. I visit the postmortem forum and there was somebody who got the same problem with repeatung voices. I did the four command lines with barf.exe as was told there but the problem still resists. What can I do now :D ?
Bloody
Axe Zombie

Post by Bloody »

-RFF BPF.RFF -snd BPFSND.RFF -ini BPF.ini (I had to rename bpf.ini into blood.ini otherwise it didn't start, which makes sense for bpf.ini is now blood.ini after renaming)

I posted this common line behind the blood.exe starting tool (.vlp) now I don't have these annoying repeating voices anymore, but it doesen't play any music anymore :( ! What can I do now :D ?