Reviving Transfusion...somehow..

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Blood of Nightmares
Zealot

Reviving Transfusion...somehow..

Post by Blood of Nightmares »

Is there a way revive Transfusion? Perhaps we should recruit people from the Quake modding community? Maybe perhaps I hope someone would come along and play around with the Transfusion source code and continue to enhance it or build more maps for it?

It's rather sad to see Transfusion die...(yes I changed my mind in that other thread which I decide now is nay...)

I also realize that the original Quake is very similar to Blood in terms of the gameplay and I thought the idea of converting it to the Quake engine was actually a very fitting idea...after I seen the comparisons of the gameplays here and here...
Last edited by Blood of Nightmares on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

They are discussing things quietly behind the scenes BON.
We may have some new volunteers, some old ones, or the community may have to think in terms of a paid coder.

Also keep in mind that QuakeC is a somewhat difficult coding language and is looked down upon by some within the C family of programmers.

There will be news in time.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

When zZaRDoZz says "they" he means that both he and Corbin have contacted me about possibilities of work being done for Transfusion.

The conversations boil down maybe doing something with it after Hypertension is done, or outsourcing the work. I've not acted on either one of the proposals, but I'm not going to stop anyone if they want to pursue those routs.

I'd like to streamline the ability for people to submit work and ensure that it gets into the next build. It's a tad clunky ATM.

Post by Guest »

zZaRDoZz wrote:We may have some new volunteers.

We? Are you under the delusion that you're already a Transfusion team member, or have we all missed something? As far as I know you've never contributed anything and have no actual talent. Yet you continuously post as though this has somehow become your project.

I really don't like the sound of secret discussions being held behind the scenes. In fact it actually scares me based on the people involved, and it should bring real concern to anyone that has followed the progress of this project over the years.

Transfusion began with a clearly defined goal and it should be proud of what it has accomplished. But it now runs the risk of turning into a huge joke, after reading some of these latest posts about possibly paying mentally unbalanced attention whores, to promote and work on it.

I wish Transfusion a long and healthy future, but perhaps some things should just be left to rest in peace before they are completely destroyed.
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

They don't use the representative *we* in California? Shame.
Fiend:Kamikaze
A LUMBERJACK!

Post by Fiend:Kamikaze »

Anonymous wrote:
zZaRDoZz wrote:We may have some new volunteers.
But it now runs the risk of turning into a huge joke, after reading some of these latest posts about possibly paying mentally unbalanced attention whores, to promote and work on it.

Post by Guest »

I suppose if the Hypertension team succeeds in their attempts of taking over Transfusion, we can all look forward to more brilliant posts such as Fiend's in the future. They are after all best known for attacking anyone that speaks honestly, and also feeding off of other people's work for money.

The writing was on the wall long ago and only the fools chose to ignore it.
A LUMBERJACK!

Anonymous wrote:I suppose if the Hypertension team succeeds in their attempts of taking over Transfusion, we can all look forward to more brilliant posts such as Fiend's in the future. They are after all best known for attacking anyone that speaks honestly, and also feeding off of other people's work for money.

The writing was on the wall long ago and only the fools chose to ignore it.
Maybe you'll believe this:

I'm not in on these talks. It has nothing to do with me and this thread is the first I've heard of it. Looks like no one is talking about "taking over," just collaboration to continue the development of transfusion. Offering help (which you could do too and I don't think anyone would accuse you of "taking over Transfusion.") is not taking over. And if you're one of those people who complains about the "hypertension ideology," I doubt anything HT related would mix with Transfusion as TF is a complete reconstruction of Blood, not HT.

And I wish I saw some of this money you keep talking about. I must be rich in fantasy land.

And yes, calling people "unbalanced attention whores" is considered trolling. 9 out of 10 mad scientists agree. If you'd like to respond with a flame, please take it to PM.

Whoops, my bad, forgot. It's a guest. No PMs for you.
Last edited by Fiend:Kamikaze on Mon Apr 12, 2010 02:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

You guys know how I hate it when you argue. Take it elsewhere and please stay on topic.
Corbin
Zealot

Re: Reviving Transfusion...somehow..

Post by Corbin »

Blood of Nightmares wrote:Is there a way revive Transfusion? Perhaps we should recruit people from the Quake modding community? Maybe perhaps I hope someone would come along and play around with the Transfusion source code and continue to enhance it or build more maps for it?

It's rather sad to see Transfusion die...(yes I changed my mind in that other thread which I decide now is nay...)

I also realize that the original Quake is very similar to Blood in terms of the gameplay and I thought the idea of converting it to the Quake engine was actually a very fitting idea...after I seen the comparisons of the gameplays here and here...
This is a very good idea. As we have both come to the conclusion of, it'd be best if we spread the word via Quake sites. I suggested PlanetQuake because it's a very informative site and it'd be the first thing we should hit. We can also put in ads in game development sites (I've done this - it works) to help. DeviantArt is also good as we can get some good artists to help with skins or texture spritework. Either or, it sounds like a good idea. This method of hitting sites which aren't keen on game design usually works pretty well.

@Guest: Fiend is right. We're not planning a takeover at all. I was throwing the idea around with a few people about helping out once HT is done. I've meant to tell him, but I've had a rough time lately with personal stuff so I haven't been on to relay anything to him. Fiend is also right, again, because Hypertension wouldn't mix with Transfusion. They have two entirely different goals. But enough about that.

Any other ideas guys?
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

"attention whore" = A person who is banned from a forum several times but keeps coming back to it pretending to be someone else. No one cares about his brain dead opinions but he keeps spamming them anyway.

"attention whore" = A person who tries to call attention to himself by stalking others. Also pretends to be working on illegal mods and posts fake photo-shopped screenshots trying to get people to pay attention to him.
A LUMBERJACK!

Anonymous wrote:Being an "attention whore" certainly does bring attention, even if half of what you say is later proven to be untrue. But in my opinion it would be a grave mistake to allow you anywhere near Transfusion, based on your past and everything I've read about you. I'm sorry, but hearing about those secret behind the scenes discussions does not exactly promote anyone to trust or believe anything you say. In fact your own team members apparently don't even know what your up to, because as you say, you're currently having a rough time dealing with personal problems. There's been an unbelievable amount of controversy and arguments involving you throughout the past decade, and Transfusion really doesn't need that kind of representation.

I've been following Transfusion's progress since it first began and I would personally rather see it end with some dignity and pride, rather then the phenomenal embarrassment it could become with you and your team's involvement. I will remember Transfusion fondly as it once was, because it is now dead to me after reading these latest posts.
Does anyone else see this post as being a tad over-dramatic? I think this guy should help out with TF in the future. He seems dedicated. I like the cut of his jib. I can only hope he wouldn't go George Broussard on the thing and switch engines every year or so.
Liberation
Axe Zombie

Post by Liberation »

Well I've offered to do some QuakeC coding since im trying to learn C/C++, Its much more easy to learn in my book if its hands on. Also ive made some Half-life levels back in the day and would like to give worldcraft a bash again.

Anyway I think that If we got abit of a team together and just made 5-6 map sp episode with some cool stuff going on, then try to move on to net code, more deathmatch levels , DM modes, bots and stuff. Small steps rather than a big jump would be better IMO.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

68.68.108.3 wrote:I'm sorry, but hearing about those secret behind the scenes discussions does not exactly promote anyone to trust or believe anything you say.
Umm, The Cabal... oh wait... you can't go there because it's a private discussion board... that we've always had...

Should I be shocked that you didn't reveal that you had your Wheaties for breakfast?

People float ideas back and forth to gain confidence in their validity before they are proposed publicly. Your not helping things, but finding fault at every turn.

Pleas leave until you can come back with a constructive attitude.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Liberation, do you know much about ClientSide QuakeC? Nexuiz has used it fairly successfully with their version of the DarkPlaces engine.