Rage Against The Machine - Episode 1

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

oBe wrote:Gentlemen (and Hellen),

It has come to my attention that moddb has some kind off bigass contest running. It has also come to my attention that all votes should be in within 2 days.

Now, I know all of you played RATM and enjoyed the living daylights out of it, now I would like to see some proof, damnit!

I have no clue what the prizes are, and frankly I doubt there's anything I would care for, but it would be a nice point to make. The point being that Blood is not (as) dead (as it appears).

So, why don't you all be kind, go here, vote, change your IP adress, vote, change your IP, etc for the remainder of these two days!
http://www.moddb.com/mods/10145/ratm

Thank you.
Indeed! I was tipped that Rage could be somewhere between 100th and 110th place - and first 100 mods get advertised on gaming sites, which would mean glory for BLOOD!

Note: oBe was kidding about multi-voting, but just in case you don't know how it's done: restarting your modem usually changes your IP. And you would also have to either block cookies from moddb.com or clear them for that particular site each time (which is done in browser options).
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

I actually voted for it when the contest was first mentioned awhile back. BPF isnt in the running yet, so I didnt vote for it, but I would have!
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

What's BPF? :drinkblood:

Post by Guest »

can someone help me? I can't figure out what to do in the first level! I got through the big doors and then what? I found the crack in the wall, but have no dynamite, the grey double door is jammed, there are bars over 2 hallways, I cant jump anywhere and the organ doesnt do anything, can someone please help? I really want to spill some blood!

PS sorry for posting as a guest, i cant remember my damn username or pass.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

"knock, and the door shall be opened to you"

Hint: it's the door to the left
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

reveal yourself! Who goes there?

anyway, you gotta get on that lift with the crossbars and go up

Post by Guest »

thanks man, i can't believe i missed that.

second level now and it is SCARY. I almost p*** my pants when the zombies came in the pitch black!
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

you guys still seem to be getting a consistent amount of downloads on the moddb page. That's good to see
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

If 150 downloads can be called a success...

Hopefully Episode 2 will be downloadable exclusively from ModDB from start, or quite possibly from a dedicated domain, so that should give us a clearer picture. But still, I believe those downloads were from members of the extensive ModDB community who simply download every mod they see, just for curiosity. Like people who don't have the first idea about what is BLOOD.
LifeKILLED
Axe Zombie

Post by LifeKILLED »

Nevermind cool levels, there we can do a good times. In design totaly isn't bad places - just pretty! In animation anything viewes most good like screenshots :) Bugs there isn't and nowhere... Gameplay pure, all is simple, and walkin in search of keys and doors in big maps is nice too. This levels can be one of episodes of original retail Blood! ;) It's ART! It's just 8-9 maps... But it makes most of year! I've waited it to right! Wanghoo and Red Fanatic RUUULEZZZZZZ!
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

LifeKILLED wrote:Nevermind cool levels, there we can do a good times. In design totaly isn't bad places - just pretty! In animation anything viewes most good like screenshots :) Bugs there isn't and nowhere... Gameplay pure, all is simple, and walkin in search of keys and doors in big maps is nice too. This levels can be one of episodes of original retail Blood! ;) It's ART! It's just 8-9 maps... But it makes most of year! I've waited it to right! Wanghoo and Red Fanatic RUUULEZZZZZZ!
thanks, but we didn't make this addon
johnb1
Rat

RATM

Post by johnb1 »

:banghead:
looks good, but I'm running DosBox and the installer sez: Win32 only
and I haven't got around to installing WinXP....yet
any chance for a DOS friendly version, or should I install WinXP
and suffer the fate of those who do

thanks

John B
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

What's your operating system?

Are you trying to install from within Dosbox? If so, don't, it should work fine on 98 or XP.

Also, there's a new version on Moddb with a fresh installer, might want to give that a try.
johnb1
Rat

okay, I think I get it??

Post by johnb1 »

:phantasm:
yeah, apparently, you're not supposed to use DosBox to install it, but have win 95/98 installed and let that do the voodoo that it do so well. But, I'm on a Mac
which doesn't help things, and so I wait for some kind soul to rebox this so I can use it, ie run the installer and send me whatever comes out the other end :headshot: :rip:

I don't think that's gonna happen though
what a shame-looks good though....

John B
Bloody
Axe Zombie

Post by Bloody »

I have to say, that I just LOVE this Episode, in my eyes, it could have been an original Blood episode in the original Game ! Its just awesome, I played through it two times and there will be more ;D ! I LOVE the third level, rthis is what I want to see, running and gunning through "crystal lake" style maps :) ! This musi played there fit it perfectly, great job !

Just great job guys, this is truly BLOOD !!!!!

Well, what about the following episodes, are you still working on RATM episodes 2 - 4 ?? Or will this single episode be the only one :( ?