Blood Fiction Audio Recordings

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Blood Fiction Audio Recordings

Post by Tchernobog »

Hello all...

I have decided to test my oral abilities by trying to make "audio book" renditions of Blood Fan Fiction. I have created one based on DustyStyx's short which I have uploaded so you guys can take a listen. This is not a final copy of the work, for example I slip up at one point during my rendition. The full one should be flawless, done with better equipment, and digitally edited to improve its quality.

When it comes to imitating voices, I do not expect to do a exact replication of any of the Blood characters. My main goal is to allow the listener to know who is talking and which is which. I could never hope to do Caleb as well as Stephan Weyte, so I am not going to even try.

I have posted an Ogg Vorbis recording of it so I can hear suggestions. If you use Windows I suggest you use Winamp to open the sound file. If you have Linux, you should be good to go already:

ftp://ftp.drivehq.com//piga/My%20Docume ... tyStyx.ogg
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot

Re: Blood Fiction Audio Recordings

Post by Blood of Nightmares »

There's nothing there.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Sorry, here you go:

ftp://piga:wilson@ftp.drivehq.com//piga ... tyStyx.ogg

All I can say is that you dont realize how much you have a peculiarity in your "accent" untl you are trying to be universally coherent...
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Well, I'm flattered. Thanks man :D
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

DustyStyx wrote:Well, I'm flattered. Thanks man :D
Well, wait until I have a chance to do a proper job of it... :wink:
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Got a hold of a nice microphone headset I will use for the finished recording,j ust need some free time to use it now...
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

I have decided to test my oral abilities by trying to make "audio book" renditions of Blood Fan Fiction. I have created one based on DustyStyx's short which I have uploaded so you guys can take a listen. This is not a final copy of the work, for example I slip up at one point during my rendition. The full one should be flawless, done with better equipment, and digitally edited to improve its quality.
Please ask the authors permission before you do that.
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

Just listened through the recording. How much time and effort are you willing to put into these Tchenry? Have you considered the use of sound fx? How about a script with the character lines read separately and then spliced together for the finished recording? That would avoid the vocal "gear shifting" during your readings.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

zZaRDoZz wrote:Just listened through the recording. How much time and effort are you willing to put into these Tchenry? Have you considered the use of sound fx? How about a script with the character lines read separately and then spliced together for the finished recording? That would avoid the vocal "gear shifting" during your readings.
Aye, a good point.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Hello all...

Thanks for the comments zZaRDoZz, keep in mind that was a merely a practice recording you heard. I was considering recording the Character lines separately and splicing them together in Audacity for the final recording. Sound FX's could possibly be added later on, but right now my only goal is to have a better performance than your average Librivox recording.

When it comes to the authors permission, Dusty did seem more than supportive but I will keep that in mind for the future... :wink:
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Well, it was a bit of a surprise, but I don't mind. Feel free to elaborate on the fanfic if you like. Treat it as a CreativeCommons work as far as a fanfic can be construed that way.

zZaRDoZz is right tho, recommending that permission should be sought first. People get funny about that sort of thing.