Glitch in Painkiller

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

That affinity thing didn't work at all. However, there was always a time during the loading screen where it would stop and I had to hit enter to make it continue. I found out that it was this little window that came up.

(sorry about the size >.<)
Could it have anything to do with the problem I'm having and is there a way to fix it? It always did this since I first installed the game.
Daedolon
Cultist

Re: Glitch in Painkiller

Post by Daedolon »

DOOMLancelot wrote:Whenever I start the first map of Painkiller, my guy falls through the ground into the void and dies. I even patched it to the latest version and it still does it. Can anyone help me?
This has nothing to do with Painkiller, but the Daggerfall demo always did the same thing for me, it's really weird.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Ok now I haven't posted about this since last month but I even updated to a graphics card beta driver and I'm still having this problem. So to help show everyone what's going on, I recorded it with Fraps. Click the link below to watch it. I'll be uploading it to YouTube soon but the one I'm putting on here is better quality than YouTube. The video may lag a bit though.

http://s136.photobucket.com/player.swf? ... &os=1&ap=1

EDIT: YouTube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VopJY_2xpg0
PaPPy

Post by PaPPy »

i had the same problem yesterday

but

let me ask you something: do you have the Painkiller installed too or just the expansion Battle out of hell?
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

PaPPy wrote:i had the same problem yesterday

but

let me ask you something: do you have the Painkiller installed too or just the expansion Battle out of hell?
It's both Painkiller and Battle Out of Hell together.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

DOOMLancelot wrote:That affinity thing didn't work at all. However, there was always a time during the loading screen where it would stop and I had to hit enter to make it continue. I found out that it was this little window that came up. [...]
Could it have anything to do with the problem I'm having and is there a way to fix it? It always did this since I first installed the game.
LoL Those programmers and their terrible grammar. ;)

Post by Guest »

i only installed the expansion and tried to play the Painkiller and had the same warning, and when it loaded i just fell down until i was dead.

but i wasn't surprised by that since i only installed the expansion which has 2 cds whereas Painkiller has 3.

i recommend you install Painkiller first and play it and when you finish it install Batte out of hell and play it

i hope that was understandable :D
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

I played the PK demo. Ugh...
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

I really want to get this fixed so I can actually play the game. I tried a bunch of different things and nothing has fixed it. I said this before but the Battle Out of Hell expansion has no problems at all. If anyone can find a solution then I'd be glad to hear it.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Slink wrote:I played the PK demo. Ugh...
Play the whole thing before you talk or GTFO. That "industrial" episode was crap though... (factories.... train stations... boring...)
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Yeah, it looked like old English slums or something. Mostly Steak gun. Mmmmm, steak. In all fairness I watched a video review and it looks better than I thought.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Anonymous wrote:i only installed the expansion and tried to play the Painkiller and had the same warning, and when it loaded i just fell down until i was dead.

but i wasn't surprised by that since i only installed the expansion which has 2 cds whereas Painkiller has 3.

i recommend you install Painkiller first and play it and when you finish it install Batte out of hell and play it

i hope that was understandable :D
DL, read this. Check if you actually, for sure, have both installed, because if this is possible, you very well might actually have this problem.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

fantastic game! Just got the Battle Out of Hell expansion and so far it is great as well. That Loony Park level is a breathtaking sight and the clown enemies come straight from Killer Klownz From Outer Space.

Im just having a problem on the original Painkiller at the end at the old monastery. After coming back out of the hole where the chandelier made the openiing I ran to the door and a single enemy was there. Took him out and went down the spiral staircase and killed all the enemies, but no new checkpoint opened up for me. Isnt that door in the same room supposed to open up by the spiral staircase?
Krypto
Cultist

Post by Krypto »

Have a good look around the entire level, i recall getting stuck on Monastery for quite a while. If my memory serves me well i think you have to shoot down a chandelier to open a door or activate a script? :?
alkaline01
Rat

Re: Glitch in Painkiller

Post by alkaline01 »

Hi guys!!! ive also installed the painkiller v1.54 and i also get a instant die on the first level when falling from the sky?? maybe one of you came on a solution?