Clearest Audio Quality In Blood

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Ransu
Cheetah

Clearest Audio Quality In Blood

Post by Ransu »

I figured this out for myself earlier from what I've learned out of people trying to get Blood's sound quality better. First thing's first....

1. Go to http://buildxp.deathmask.net and follow ALL steps and complete it. The only thing you should do different is set the Mixing Rate to 44 Khz instead of 22 Khz.

2. Now, on your computer, go to C:\Program Files\VDMSound\ and open VDMS.ini using notepad. Scroll down and change the minDMAPeriod from 5 to 1 as shown here.

Go to File and click Save.

3. Go to where you saved blood.vlp(VDMSound Shortcut). Right-click on blood.vlp and click Properties. On the VDMSound tab, click Advanced... and then click the Performance tab. Change the min Polling Period from 5 to 1. It should be 1 and 15 as shown here.

Click OK, then click Apply, and then click OK.

4(optional). If you've got a Sound Blaster X-Fi card or something with a similar feature then I highly suggest using the Crystalizer turned to the max.

5. Double-click on blood.vlp, the VDMSound Shortcut, and play! Enjoy the high quality audio!

Tell me if this works and post about any problems you might be having! :)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Glad that works for you. I've always had a popping noise with VDMSound, after cranking it up to 44KHz
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

DustyStyx wrote:Glad that works for you. I've always had a popping noise with VDMSound, after cranking it up to 44KHz
Was just about to say that 44KHz doesn't work well at all with my VDMS setup.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Well hey, I've got 2 sound cards. One built into my motherboard, Realtek HD Audio, and the other I got recently, Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer. I tested this out on both and it works fine. I just would like to see you guys try it and tell me if it works.
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

DOOMLancelot wrote:Well hey, I've got 2 sound cards. One built into my motherboard, Realtek HD Audio, and the other I got recently, Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer. I tested this out on both and it works fine. I just would like to see you guys try it and tell me if it works.
We've been around mate. Tested all sorts of thing. Take my word for it.