AZERTY keyboards

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Lioyd_Irving
Axe Zombie

AZERTY keyboards

Post by Lioyd_Irving »

Does someone know if i can turn the console to an AZERTY layout ? It would be nice.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Which console?
Lioyd_Irving
Axe Zombie

Post by Lioyd_Irving »

I mean the one you activate with the tilde key. I'd like to change that (not only for Transfusion, but also for several games that use a console : Quake 1 and 2, Heretic II, Hexen II, etc.)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I think you just have to change the key mapping for your system, but I'm probably over simplifying things. Are you running Windows or Linux?

update: Yes I was over simplifying it.... joy. It looks like Quake... and I guess DP for that matter maps directly to the keyboard and uses it's own keyboard mapping. The dvorak keyboard layout seems to be fairly popular outside of QWERTY, I'm digging around to see if there's an easy way to implement that layout in DP. If it's possible I'm sure you can do it for your prefered key mapping.

update 2: I did find a Quake II build done expecially for dvorak so I'm going to guess it's kinda hard wired into the executable. Sorry man :(

update 3: Okay, I finally got it working with the Dvorak layout in windows. (this is for the most recent release of DarkPlaces, and the Transfusion 1.5 beta.) If you haven't done, you will need to set the default keyboard layout in Windows to AZERTY. Now when I went to add an AZERTY configuration I couldn't actually find that key mapping, so you might have to dig that up yourself, unless it's on your particular windows instalation. I did test it with Dvorak so I would assume you have it. (Though I did have to remove the default US keyboard layout, log off and log back in, for it to work)

Anyway you can find how to configure it under: control pannel>Regional and Language Options>Language>Text services and input languages: Detials>Keyboard.
Lioyd_Irving
Axe Zombie

Post by Lioyd_Irving »

Too bad :cry:

k00l to see that you tried to help me, though. +rep for j00 :D

EDIT : lol didn't see there weren't any reputation system. Sorry =p