Buggiest game ever?

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

SSF2 was horrible indeed.

SSF2T was superb, the best PC version of SF games until SFZ2 port.

i don't remember any SSF2T crashes though it wad it share of bugs yes.
Evaron
Axe Zombie

Post by Evaron »

Gothic 2 + Night of the Raven
Wahaaaaa, I started playing it now.... First what said Hello to me was quest what makes game always crash.
Holes in map model[WIIIIIIII!], bad positioned map items [like boxes - you see it, but THERE IS NO BOXES!]. And those AI... My enemies likes running into walls... THAT NEVER HAPPEND IN GOTHIC 1!
Might and Magic IX
HOLYCOW I never ended that game due to vocation quests bugs... I had only two characters from four that had highter vocation than gived on start.... All on 20+ levels trained in dwarvens city. THE BUGGEST GAME IN THE WHOLE WORLD! [maybe only older M&M was a bit more buggy]
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

Evaron wrote:Gothic 2 + Night of the Raven
Wahaaaaa, I started playing it now.... First what said Hello to me was quest what makes game always crash.
Holes in map model[WIIIIIIII!], bad positioned map items [like boxes - you see it, but THERE IS NO BOXES!]. And those AI... My enemies likes running into walls... THAT NEVER HAPPEND IN GOTHIC 1!
This game features also unlocalized creatures (they have their original, german names in certain places), allows you to climb out of the world and, best of all, you can fall any distance you want without getting damaged by simply strafing off the edge.

As mentioned before, HL2 was a bit buggy at times, also Blood 2 contained a few, let's call it, glitches :P

As for Blood, I expirienced the (in)famous something's-wrong-with-soundblaster-support bug that causes the game to freeze once you pick up Diving suit or reflective shots.

Why no one mentioned TES2: Buggerfall yet?
Another ones are two polish games: Mortyr (yay! holes in the world!) and Chrome (it's crashing for no particular reason at times).

Also, Unreal can be really buggy at times (especially Unreal 2), there's something wrong with save/load system as game sometimes crashes when you load saved game.
Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

i dont know which game is more buggy than other
but the "sin" game is the most buggiest game i ever played!!
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I know there's worse, but I would like to turn everyone's attention towards Assassin's Creed. Here's a list of the hilarity I've seen so far, asterisks marking what I've actually replicated myself:

Flying around after a leap of faith, flapping arms. (according to the video, this was pulled off in the demo)
Two Altairs, the other randomly showing up and doing everything the first one does, sometimes on a slight delay. Killing it kills you.
Horse with elephant legs.
Horse getting stuck in a wall. *
Falling through s*** randomly. *
Game freezing every 20 minutes or so of playing. *** (this happens ALL THE DAMN TIME)
The horse randomly getting stuck in the ground, and having to jump out. *
People standing around at weird angles. Assassination causes Altair to stand at a weird angle, too.
People randomly flipping around or getting stuck on things. *
Horse flying away. *
Barriers keeping you out of areas showing back up when they're supposed to be gone.
Random damage, and random death in which you don't actually die, the game just says you did.
Getting stuck in a wall and randomly moving your upper body around.

The list goes on and on. Apparently, a TON of people are actually completely unable to finish the game. And a lot of this is HILARIOUS to watch. I think this is the most blatantly buggy game I've ever played. Bugs where I didn't notice them at first... not so bad. This... oh what the hell.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

GTA: San Andreas. What the hell.

That car was driving in reverse. I fell thru the world. I broke my leg on a small ledge simply by trying to get onto it. That passenger WON'T COME DOWN to my vehicle because he's on a 2nd floor balcony and I CAN'T GET OUT OF THE AMBULANCE OR I FAIL THE MISSION.

I'm sure there are more, but meh. :-/ These things happen sparsely enough.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I think Assassin's Creed has it beat, Slink. At least you aren't completely stopped from finishing the game due to the end of the game not having a floor.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Buggy games?

Can't believe nobody has listed it yet.

Blacksite: Area 51

It was just released, and Harvey Smith... project lead on the game has confirmed that Midway forced the title out way to fast.
It basically went from Alpha to Gold within a matter of weeks.

The game is ridden with bugs, performance problems and graphical glitches.

There have been two patches released already, but come on... publishers really need to stop forcing games out early just to make the holiday rush.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Necrosis wrote:I think Assassin's Creed has it beat, Slink. At least you aren't completely stopped from finishing the game due to the end of the game not having a floor.

That is typical of Ubisoft Motreal. The games always look so promising, then that stupid Lotus engine messes things up. See the first post I made here? Price of Persia: WW. Ubi Montreal.

They won't release a patch, I bet. Sigh... I was really looking forward to AC! :(
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

It's still an excellent game... except for the repetition... and if you don't like dialogue, except for the abundance of it when you actually do get around to doing the assassinations... But damn, the bugs are terrible.

So this is the engine doing this? Seriously? Bah. You could always hope they get it right for the apparently in the works (also apparently scheduled for February) PC version, or someone can release an unofficial patch to fix everything at least.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I've had my horse stolen by the crazy people who shove you around and stuff. I don't remember how, and the one person I've talked to about this who beat the game said something about how the horses can't get in town, and I can't remember how to tell him. I've come up with two possibilities though:

1. I got the horse into town. This is doable through stupid s***.

2. The crazy guy wandered out of town. I don't think they do this, though. Even so, doable through glitchery.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

I couldn't tell you what causes the bugs, but I can say that there is obviously a lack of sufficient beta testing there. :( So sad. Their games are great, bugs aside.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Assassin's Creed PS3 version was patched. According to a whole lot of people the crashes are next to gone. However, of course, we only found out about this AFTER my dad picked up a flag and the game attempted to save as it crashed, corrupting his save. Hooray.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

A little of time with the patch yields this:

Framerate being stuck at or lower than 30 most of the time is fixed! The game runs smoothly most times now. I thought the slowdown was excusable, since it looked great and there was a LOT of stuff going on at once. Still, great stuff!

Hasn't crashed yet. I was behind by one assassination, so my dad just copied my save and he's been playing for the last hour or so. Definitely crashing less than it was before, anyway, haha.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Holy s***. I can't believe they patched it. Those silly bastards. I bet they released it with the intention of patching it, just to rush it out.