*New Blood-1 addon* - *OUT NOW*

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

everything looks good, except the new art which looks terrible and out of place.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Gila, you're always so negative
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Yeah maybe Gila's right. All that new art doesn't go well with original design not all gonna enjoy it. But anyway I like the idea itself totally devastated town with mad inhabitants. :evillaugh:
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

The Christmas themed maps and Route 66 maps are gonna be hard to make work without the art though. For one thing though, you guys havent witnessed the maps first hand to see how stuff works and how it integrates. Not only that, but the sound FX and sequencing pumps life in the map instead of just seeing static new art there just to be there

edit: I have a solution, ill just make most of the new sprites gibbable so you can destroy them if you dont like them.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

I still think the new art used by Wangho is like no other new art i've seen it's well planned and subtle i promise it won't offend.

Also i like that as a solution very Blood like thinking :shooting
:
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Well put, RF. I have to say, some of the art is a bit unsettling at first. I think it may need some touching up in Editart. ;) It sure takes a keen eye to adjust such a thing. All or most of blood's art (sprite art) was photographed under similar conditions, using miniature figurines/objects as the piece. Good luck!

It looks like you have put a few hours in as it is... ;)

-Slink
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Slink wrote:Well put, RF. I have to say, some of the art is a bit unsettling at first. I think it may need some touching up in Editart. ;) It sure takes a keen eye to adjust such a thing. All or most of blood's art (sprite art) was photographed under similar conditions, using miniature figurines/objects as the piece. Good luck!

It looks like you have put a few hours in as it is... ;)

-Slink
yeah, im not sure how to clean up a new texture after I convert it from jpeg to gif. These new textures have some type of weird dot matrix that bugs me. If you know to clean that up or anyone wants the job so I can take care of more important things, let me know..

Yes Slink, quite a few hours...
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

I normally use Infranview for converting and touching up image files. You could easily save any image as a .bmp for touching up in microsoft paint, and then convert it into any format you want with Infranview.

BTW its all looking rather interesting, and I'll look foreward to playing this someday.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

kurt wrote:I normally use Infranview for converting and touching up image files. You could easily save any image as a .bmp for touching up in microsoft paint, and then convert it into any format you want with Infranview.

BTW its all looking rather interesting, and I'll look foreward to playing this someday.
Dude, I was totally just going to say that. :) Use Irfanview to convert to GIF with 100% quality. -Slink
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

kurt, is that really low-poly you in Caleb's hat? :evillaugh:
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Ghoste wrote:kurt, is that really low-poly you in Caleb's hat? :evillaugh:
It's me doing my Gabriel impersonation. :)
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Id love to make the art look just like Blood's original textures with the jaggedness and pixelation and all that.
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

for you addon would a hex edited Blood.exe be usefull?
Using a hex editor I can change pretty much any text string in the game (skill settings names, ammo pickup messages too probably)
Its also possible to make it automatically load a different .ini or cfg file. I might be able to make it load different tiles depending on which ones you guys switched out.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

boss429 wrote:for you addon would a hex edited Blood.exe be usefull?
Using a hex editor I can change pretty much any text string in the game (skill settings names, ammo pickup messages too probably)
Its also possible to make it automatically load a different .ini or cfg file. I might be able to make it load different tiles depending on which ones you guys switched out.
hadnt thought about text or anything too much with the addon. There will only be one skill setting I think, we'll have to see. A CCP style splash screen may be cool though.

Speaking of the addon, there is some seriously funky, delicious stuff going on these days with the maps, I just had to add
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

I hope I've done enough work for this project because my computer is completely busted now. Can't even reinstall Windows anymore. I'm glad I could help. :)