Blood in different languages

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Zardoz
Fanatic

Blood in different languages

Post by Zardoz »

How hard would it be to add a bat file that would replace the english console messeges with russian or spanish ones?

What about the cosole messeges and in game text tabs for blood 2?
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

in original Blood I believe most of the text for messages is hard coded in the Blood.exe. Which can be access with a Hex editor like Hex Workshop.
Just open up the Blood.exe in your favorite Hex program, and search for a text string like "A few bullets" then just type in what you want instead of that (keep in mind that the string you replace it with must be shorter or the same length) If your string is shorter just switch over to Hex view and replace the the extra string letter's hex values with 00's (Each string letter is worth 2 hex values)
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

There is russian version from rbc available, they say they've translated everyting even voices, didn't try it myself through.
anyone with non- russian ip may have troubles downloading it, but then you won't need it anyway ;-)
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

so it makes three russian versions of blood. they are all fan/pirate-based and done at the amateurish level at best. the "ukraine"-ish voices 'translation' sucks donkey balls (no offence Hellen:); the 'normal' translated version is also terrible.

the "lenin" version however is actually pretty amusing. they changed alot of textures (mainly banners or signs) and the story so it's sorta like vladimir ilyich ulyanov (known better as lenin) rises from the grave to bring back communism to his former lands.

alot of the spoken phrases and one-liners were changed to his known quotes and the whole atmosphere too, it's by far the best blood-"translation" job i've ever seen, in short, if you know only a little bit about lenin and the whole thing about october revolution here, you won't get the full enjoyment.
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

What about some english cultists that aren't blood 2
Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

Gila wrote:so it makes three russian versions of blood. they are all fan/pirate-based and done at the amateurish level at best. the "ukraine"-ish voices 'translation' sucks donkey balls (no offence Hellen:); the 'normal' translated version is also terrible.
Hey, I didn’t say those translations suck someone else’s balls but donkey’s. The voice is terrible. And “literal” translation of some phrases(like “We’re going to need a bigger boat”) is even more terrible. “Ukrainian” cultists are okay, though.
However “V. I. Lenin – the First Blood” is a different thing. It indeed is the best Russian version of Blood ever done. Unlike the others it’s creative and… funny! (Though sometimes you really wish Vladimir Ilyich to shut up for a second).
Of course, noone will probably understand the humor, except for the Russians (not necessarily communists).
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

rbc site says that ukrainian sayings are "hellen's idea"...
Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

Indeed? :oops: I just say that all versions, excluding the one LifeKILLED created, existed long before me and RBC. So, honestly, it isn’t me who is responsible for Ukrainian cultists’ existence. Blame naughty pirates!
Buuuut…:? creating a “patch” instead of downloading the entire sounds.rff , well, it wasn’t my idea either.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

:shrug:
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

English version is still the best. :D Localizing is stupid idea cause blood is old and only played by fans.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

no doubt about it of course. but the "lenin version" of blood began circulating here in russia a bit earlier (!!) than regular english one.
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Gila wrote:no doubt about it of course. but the "lenin version" of blood began circulating here in russia a bit earlier (!!) than regular english one.
Someone had to translate it first and most likely it was done in russia. ;-)
To be honest I started playing blood only in 2002 so I dunno which version came first by that time blood was only on pirated CD collections along with other 30-60 old games (Duke, GTA, AOE, Diablo etc). It got me immediately because of black humor, violence and memorable atmoshpere