Features Of Blood3

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Features Of Blood3

Post by RedFanatic »

I think that if enough people think about and want something then it'll happen so i intend to slowly fill up this post with ideas for the perfect Blood3.

Weapons: i have a whole list of the weapons i'd make where i in charge
but for now i'm just going to post a couple of really cool looking real
weapons from a fun site that is just one big guns archive why some of
these awesome guns haven't made it into other games i don't know.

http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/ga ... 0/2850.htm

http://securityarms.com/20010315/galler ... 0/1614.htm

these could also be added to Transfusion perhaps?
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

Second gun does nothing for me, first gun however could be quite cool, especially if you Blood it up a little

For Blood3... I guess I just like sequels in the vein of Doom2 to Doom - what makes the game great, plus more in terms of enemies, weapons, items, environments, and situations. If you get too involved with storyline you will step on toes and just make a mess of things (see Blood2).
Blackadder

Post by Blackadder »

Blood 3 should first start with totally original and greatly inspired level design (the type of environments which Blood fans would drool for, as well as providing the perfect context for Caleb) then write a very good storyline second. Although Blood 2 had an ingenious story idea for a new groundbreaking game, as well as inspired concepts to expand upon the original Blood universe, the overall storyline, level design, and gameplay flopped due to a number of programers who didn't take this game seriously. Even Blood suffered a bit, due to the repetitious levels, meager boss fights, and a poor climax, all which bogged down the other three episodes. Don't get me wrong, I fell in love with Blood when I played the shareware version, and the thorough walkthroughs and enemy lists I encountered on the internet convinced me that Blood was an under appreciated masterpiece, as well as prompting my imagination to fill in the empty spaces to establish it as a "perfect" game. But after playing the rest of the game, the endless possibilities for Caleb and the game kind of diminished. The programers for Blood 2 should have experimented with crazy level ideas before writing the story (Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight would have been an ideal model for Blood 2's game design).
I believe Blood 3 should contain every realistic weapon, from the Old West, through the Prohibition era, through the modern times. While I do have some personal ideas as to what should be done about a Blood 3, I strongly suggest that ALL OF YOU, being the fiercely intelligent and revultingly sick game fanatics as you are, COME UP WITH GRANDIOSE LEVEL IDEAS OF YOUR OWN, AND SUBMIT THEM ON THIS FORUM. ONLY YOU HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE THIS GAME BETTER THAN MOST, AND ONLY YOU TRULY KNOW WHAT YOU REALLY WANT INSIDE YOUR DEGRADED GAME ADDICT HEARTS. Go on, come up with really, Really, REALLY, REALLY INSPIRED level ideas. Think of an ideal engine, whether it be Unreal Engine 2, Doom 3, Source, or Bioshock, just do something, all right! :shooting: :idea:
Canassa
Axe Zombie

Post by Canassa »

hund_
Axe Zombie

Post by hund_ »

Canassa wrote:Nikola Tesla weapon is a must IMO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tes ... rgy_weapon
i missed that in blood2.

but this would be sweet in blood3 8)
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Good points Bladders level quality is supremely important as it was one of the MAJOR up sides of Blood 1 but I also think a story is needed, a carefully made and agreed on one so as to avoid the pitfalls scar3crow highlighted,
So here is my idea for the story that I’ve been piecing together for a while perhaps if enough people like most of it we could chisel it into something we all can get on with.

First off I’ll describe my idea for the intro movie as it best fills in the idea and then I’ll add the conclusion.

It opens on a classic thunderstorm lightning seen through the stained glass of a church window, panning down it introduces a new character by slowly passing over a desk covered with grainy pictures and newspaper clippings of Caleb, the character is a kind of anti-caleb a holy warrior called Nathaniel who has been hunting Caleb with the help of his holy order of monk’s for years after passing over the table it see’s Nathaniel kneeling infront of a wooden cross praying when the door to the room opens and an old monk comes in and say’s with fear in his eye’s “I’ve seen him again” Nathaniel finishes then pulls the cross to open a huge guns locker and the scene changes

Mean while the scene changes to Caleb leaning against a wall in the rain half in shadow the camera closes in and fades to black under his brim you then see Ishmael kneeling in darkness holding his head and face repeating “no” suddenly he turns to the camera and screams “no” an you see his eyes are pouring blood then the screen goes black and the sound of a door closeing makes Calebs dark red eyes open and the camera turns to see a young red haired girl putting her coat on and hurriedly walking off,
Next scene caleb is in an old looking run down church like building and the body of the girl is lieing in a stone trough half submerged in blood Caleb is chanting some cruentis verse and as he finishes and stares at the girl she suddenly jerks and her body explodes and a weird looking big mouthed completely made out of darkness beast leaps out of her and slams into caleb grabbing his throat as it pulls him close and opens it’s many jaws Caleb is struggling to reach his shotgun, just in the nick of time he get’s it and fires both barrels into the things chest throwing it away but as he get’s up so dose it unscathed so he opens out again and moves towards more guns (or maybe that’s where the player would take over) anyway he discovers that he cant harm it and only escapes when a small commando squad lead by Nathaniel blast’s in and distracts the thing.

How it un-folds Caleb get’s in contact with the spirit of Ishmael who is still trapped inside Caleb ever since he ate part of Ishmael in Blood 1 to gain his power and in a ghostly form tells Caleb that he by improperly using his One that Binds powers to resurrect Ophelia has released a predator specific to creatures or beings like techernobog and it can’t be harmed unless you have an army of priests and a whole cabal like techernobog had, but theres hope get it to devour something pure as this would be like poison, so the game would be Calebs research to free Ishmaels spirit (perhaps a section where you get to poke around Ishmaels old home) then learning of his fate Caleb resurrects Gabriel (which he can do since he also has his spirit trapped and the help of Ishmael) using Gabriel as a distraction from the constant hounding of demons, zombies, crazy cultist like guys summoned or controlled by the predator and monk commandos Caleb has to find a way to capture Nathaniel and either do a body swap or maybe it could be that he just makes Nathaniel look exactly like him and then in the final battle it’s Caleb the Predator and Nathaniel-Calebalike who once eaten by the beast weakens it enough for Caleb to be able to hurt it.
Well although it’s a bit rough that’s the idea it would be set after Blood 1 but before Blood 2 I would say.
it's gotmore scope than my Doom3ish one but have i got a bit to creative with the idea??
Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

When will you learn this simple thing? It was not Ishmael whose vitals Caleb has eaten for breakfast in the spider’s nest. Poor Ishy has been fried extra crispy by the big napalm-breathing dog.
And it’s «Tchernobog». You can also write «×åðíîáîã» if it’s easier for you.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

opps sorry for the Techy mispel but it was about 1 or 2 in the morning and
i was trying to write on a laptop while in bed so ya know, :shrug:
and also although he was cooked by Cerberus he was also EATEN
like a tasty fried snack and in the cut scene for very little reason Caleb
fills the dog with bombs and blows him apart with the last shot showing
blood dripping down Calebs face and into his mouth, so i assume he
drank the innards of Cerberus since it was the only way to get the Life
Essance of Ishmael.

hows that work for ya? :guns:
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

Hellen wrote: And it’s «Tchernobog». You can also write «×åðíîáîã» if it’s easier for you.
I call him Touchybog, myself. We're very close in the spirit world.

Anyway, Blood 3... what must it include? Everything 1 and 2 had, but better, if that's at all possible (with 2, it is, and there are mods to prove it). Blood 3 would probably have better graphics (BLAH) and sound (BLAH), but it should also have better gameplay mechanics or whatever. You know, it should be more fun.

It should probably have a better story next time. One more involving, you know? Like Deus Ex, or (hic) Half Life.

As much as I enjoy(ed) chasing Gideon, the entire story was pretty much told within the first level.

Gideon: HAHA I MADE THE TRAIN CRASH!!!!!11111LOOLOLOLOL!!!!!

*Caleb gets p****

The Chosen had cameos that never really went anywhere. And the ancient one, like many things that are fat, brown and floating in swamps, was a twist's excuse for a boss.

:phantasm:
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

What they should do is roughly recreate Blood 1 with ragdoll and amazing graphics but pretty much the same story just slightly altered thats what my idea is aiming at, Caleb is trying to get to Ophelia and realses a beast thats going to kill him so he has to get help from the other chosen to survive mean while Nathaniel is there to add a bit of enemy veriety and to point out that even if he dose kill mostly demons and zombies Calebs still the badguy and not some sort of hero like they cocked up the Pitch black story with.

Errm 'We're very close in the spirit world.' i don't like the thought of that :? lol

another thing that i was think about B3 should allow a wide range of melee' weapons covering all the horror fil cliche' scyth's, axe's, shovels ect but of course the pitch fork as well but it should have a throw secondery fire
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

I like all of my ideas more which I havent shared here, though I must admit I integrated Canassa's contribution and extrapolated a localized cosmology for it.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

ooooo :shock: if anyone should be in charge of Blood3 story or world design it should be you scar3crow please please please write up some of your idea's I would love to hear them, my idea's are just shooting in the dark you've actually worked stuff out properly like the Blood Lang and things

also who's Canassa?
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Blood III will never surpass Blood. By its very nature it is doomed to fail. Sure, you'll get fresh graphics, enemies, weapons, level-locations, physics, characters, plot and even Caleb quotes, but with Blood as the ideal it can never be surpassed. How can what is viewed as perfection be overcome? How can man supersede overman? It's a preposterous notion.

Blood was born of Build. Build's characteristics were pumped into Blood. Although I'm certain you all know them, I'll post them for enrichment: exceptionally fast-paced, key collection, button pressing and occasional puzzle solving dosed in constant, massively-outnumbered-by-opponents action. Now, toss in Caleb, a horror theme, heavy ambience and an obscure time zone out of the past and you have Blood.

The team which assembled Blood, son of a hundred maniacs, is scattered and impossible to reassemble in totality. This means that you'll get perhaps a tiny percentage of the original Blood crew to create Blood III. Now these gentlemen may perhaps be more vehement about making a quick buck than resurrecting Blood to its finest form. You'll get select elements from Blood pumped into Blood III, but never quite everything you expected.

Blood III will be born of a modern gaming engine. This much is obvious. We aren't at the point anymore where companies designed games out of love. These modern corporations target a teen audience and don't give a damn if the game has replayability or is even fun. As long as the game is sufficiently attractive to draw the public's attention to it, it'll make it to the shelves en masse. In short, the game will target a superficial crowd.

Sadly, with Blood III's release on such a modern engine, it'll bring the characteristics, not of Blood as we know it, but of the modern engine it employs. So what's the problem? The problem is that 3D engines place limitations on their creators. We're not yet at the level where you can honestly put fifty creatures in a single frame and expect everything to nicely fall into place. Although the proud would not like to admit it openly, our 3D capabilities are still limited in many respects. In short, Blood III will be stunted by this.

So say goodbye to your armies of enemies, but that's okay, right? Blood still has the realm and the gameplay style? Also not quite true, I'm afraid. Of all the modern shooters that come to mind, very few have a Build-like approach. In fact, I can picture Blood picking up a few terrible habits of newer shooters, including, but not limited to; puzzles and jumping puzzles galore, repetitive, overly-realistic scenarios, artificial-intelligence attempting to make up for lack of enemy count, cutscenes and probably a whole lot more that doesn't come to mind right now.

So what have we left? Caleb and the world he inhabits, at least, minus the scenarios of the original, lest they repeat themselves. Without Blood's secret element, love, it's doubtful we'll see much of the character of the first game pass into the third, if any at all.

I don't mean to come across as bitter. Discuss it, by all means. I hope that many peoples' ideas get put into a Blood III, if ever it's created and only good things can come of this collaboration. Speak on, brave fellows!

I don't doom Blood to stagnation, for there is hope. Perhaps the day will come when Blood can be enhanced in very positive ways, but never be fooled into thinking it can be swept under the carpet, for skeletons rarely remain in closets and a drowned corpse frequently rises to the surface. Blood can be altered, but never replaced. Not yet with the technology we possess.
Canassa
Axe Zombie

Post by Canassa »

RedFanatic wrote: also who's Canassa?
That would be me I guess :D

@Daedalus

I must agree with you.

Most modern companies rely on the lastest technology in order to sell their game. It really doesn't matter if the game has a nice gameplay or story. As long it uses the lastest graphics, physic and ai people will buy it. And as soon the technology becomes outdate the game becomes unplayable.

Some good examples are Monkey Island 3 and 4. Monkey 3 is older but still looks really good nowdays, Monkey 4 don't.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Wow Daedalus that was actually moving :cry: if only quality and love where the target but every thing you outline rings true with todays gaming, it crossed my mind while reding your post that maybe it would be better if nothing was done and Blood was leftuntainted by poor sequels, but then i thought that there should always be hope that someone with real passion will get the right's, and even if it's just done for the fast buck and mass market Blood HAS to be seen with ragdoll someday.

and Hi Canassa :) got any Blood3 or blood world views you fancy sharing?