blood1 multiplayer

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Kazek

blood1 multiplayer

Post by Kazek »

how to play blood1 via internet?
please give me a detail answer with a "step by step" instruction.
By the way, does anoyone still play blood1 (multiplayer)?
hermabob
Axe Zombie

Post by hermabob »

Im not sure about blood1 but blood2 is popular ware i work.

Or try my permanent transfusion server.
scirmast
Cultist

Post by scirmast »

Kazek, I believe the best way to play Blood online is to get a program called Kali. Do the following:

1. Get Blood1 working. There is a possibility it works on XP, using this excellent guide: http://buildxp.deathmask.net/ If it does not help, you must install an obsolete operating system, like win98. You can install it to a another computer, another hard drive or to a "virtual drive (i.e., use a computer emulation program like VirtualPC).

2. Choose the medium to play Blood with. There are at least Kali, Kahn, Hamachi and GiT. I strongly suggest you to use Kali, since I have seen it in action and it works. Kali costs you about 20 dollars for a life time membership. I suggest you take it since its not too much and you can play most old games online with it. Descent wotks like a charm!

3. Configure your Kali and find opponents! But be advised: due to lag it wont be 100% like it is in LAN. Even a ping of 50 have an impact to the game. But it is something you can adjust to, and remember that others experience it too so you wont be at a disadvantage.

Hope this helps. Once I have time I will be installing win98 to another computer. Jsut don't know when that is..
Slava
Rat

Post by Slava »

Yes, the right way to play BLOOD via Internet is to use Kali. We played a lot of time with my friend such way. Generaly in coperative mode. In bloodbath modes all was fine even with ping~200ms but in coop 'OUT OF SYNC' message often occured. But finally we found a cure: use the switch '-robust' at command line. Just fill the field 'Cmd Line Args:' in Kali settings for BLOOD and all will be just fine.
Kazek

Post by Kazek »

I assume there's no way to play blood via internet without any payments :(
20$ is OK, but I dont have a credit card, I wont even try to findout what forms of payments are avaible in Kali.net... Oh well, Transfusion seems to be the only bloodgame avaible for me.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Option 1 is to use PayPal. You can register a Kali account for $16 right now if you have that.

Otherwise...
2. Purchase from Kagi ($20.00): Available for US and non-US customers.

IMPORTANT: Orders through Kagi are charged the full $20 amount. For a discounted purchase, see the link above for PayPal. However, Kagi offers more payment options than PayPal. Payment options include Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Optima, Discover, Diners Club, Carte Blanche, JCB, Eurocard, Checks, Cash, and Money Orders.
Linkage
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

Here's some links I recenly found, I haven't checked out all of them and alot of them are dead:
http://rtcm.thecomitatus.com/knowledge- ... links.html
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Cruaich wrote:Option 1 is to use PayPal. You can register a Kali account for $16 right now if you have that.
Kazek, if you don't have PayPal you can try some of the online exchangers: getpay.com or other. I used getpay to send money to seller when I was buying Blood Retail (authorized edition) on eBay. Could not sign up myself since they don't support russia.