Wikipedia's Blood Entry

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

DustyStyx
2D Artist

Wikipedia's Blood Entry

Post by DustyStyx »

Okay... did I miss something or is this just utter jibberish!

Wikipedia
Wikipedia wrote:Blood 2 reveals more of his history, and we begin to learn that Tchernobog was never intended to be an evil force in nature. It is also shown that his personality and disposition are affected by the body he inhabits. Tchernobog is actually in his 16th reincarnation during the first game, and Gideon (the main antagonist of Blood 2) aims to become the 17th. We also learn that Tchernobog was channelled into the body of a hateful and angry man, making him into the evil cult leader we know him for in the games. We also learn that his 5th reincarnation was a Buddhist monk. This change to his personality caused the Cabal (the main group of foes in the Blood games) to become a purely religious sect, and only the most pure members were allowed to remain. It is unknown exactly why Tchernobog required reincarnations in the first place, and some speculate his original body was somehow destroyed, and no one knows what his true form once looked like.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

I refuse to comment on this garbage! :shock:

Oh, wait, I just did. :roll:
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I dunno. I never really dug into the plot of Blood, just enjoyed it for what made it totally awesome. The game itself. Much like Doom I wouldn't have cared if they said cute little zombie birds pecked everyone's eyes out as long as the game remained the same. :P
Bloodite
Cultist

Post by Bloodite »

That reads like some of the story from legends of Iconoclast.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

You got a response from Bloodite! Congratulations!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

May I laugh now?
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

It's not gibberish, I've seen it before. I can't remember the exact location, but it was one of the official Blood/Blood 2 sites as background story. AFAIK it's official filler.

What I found interesting on that page was that the monsters had HP values. Where were these obtained from?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Alright, found it...
Blood II: The Chosen - Records: Page 3
Records: Page3 wrote:Tchernobog

Tchernobog is depicted as an evil God in Blood. This is not entirely accurate. In actuality, he is a necessary force in the universe. He is as old as time, and serves as the force that separates the dimensions from one another. Without him all the dimensions would intermingle, and ultimately destroy one another. This force cannot be destroyed, however, in order to perform its duties it must inhabit a physical form that is vulnerable to destruction. It’s original form was destroyed several millennia ago, and since then it has been possessing physical bodies it has come across in order to continue to perform its functions.

This need for physical creatures was one of the sources for the creation of the Cabal. The force that is Tchernobog is not an evil one, and actually is morally ambiguous. Usually its will supersedes that of the physical creature it inhabits, but there have been exceptions. The 5th incarnation was a Buddhist high priest that altered Tchernobog’s personality to include his religious regimen. The 16th incarnation was a bitter and evil man whose hatred colored Tchernobog as well. Currently, the Tchernobog force has no physical incarnation, and so cannot perform its duties. In Blood 2 this fact has devastating effects on this reality. The One That Binds refers to the Bindings Tchernobog creates to separate various dimensions. The Sleeping God refers to Tchernobog when he has no physical incarnation, and is nothing more than a roaming power source.
That Wikipedia article could be written better.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

That's the one I remember! :D