I have something for you

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

oBe
Cabal member

I have something for you

Post by oBe » Sun Aug 21, 2005 02:09 pm

http://rapidshare.de/files/4211112/MIDI_MUSIC.rar.html

It's a collection of every Blood midi I could find. The archive contains:
* the alpha midi's: a bitch to extract, and the names are lost. But I think they're cool as hell.
* beta midi: easier to extract, something like uptempo goth rock
* retail midi: 'nuff said
* various: an archive I found on one of my back up cd's: 16 different midi's that sound like unfinished versions of the retail ones and some others.
* various 2: an archive from Control-Z's page on planetblood: seems like a few beta ones, a few retail ones. I don't know, shareware ones perhaps?

Things I noticed:
cblood10d10.mid doesn't work.
shareware 1.0 couldn't be extracted with WinBarf, RFFed (or smthng) or GFE. Don't think it had music while I played it either, so, meh.
shareware 1.1 is (practically) the same as retail, so I didn't bother
shareware 0.99 a,b,c seem to be lost in internet-oblivion.

Did I miss anything?
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow » Sun Aug 21, 2005 03:30 pm

Cool
Ill give it a listen later today
Until then Ill act as a mirror

http://scar3crow.circa1984.com/MIDI_MUSIC.rar
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain » Sun Aug 21, 2005 03:46 pm

thanx scar3crow, the orig link not working.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis » Sun Aug 21, 2005 04:33 pm

Holy crap, I've wanted these so bad and now I have them! Thank you o.B.e., this ROCKS. :D
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain » Sun Aug 21, 2005 04:51 pm

U just took my musci colectiogn over 20 gig!!!

(only had this comp a few months)
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila » Sun Aug 21, 2005 07:31 pm

* the alpha midi's: a bitch to extract, and the names are lost. But I think they're cool as hell.
i've had them somewhere. because i REALLY remember listening to MID00005.MID and especially MID00011.MID (but it had different name, like SOUND10.MID or something). so nothing rare here. :)
* beta midi: easier to extract, something like uptempo goth rock
half of it is exact like alpha ones. i guess the alpha stuff was just left over for some reason. oh yeah, this one has that heavy rock "1.0 SETUP TEST" tune, thanks, this is the one i was looking couple of days (i've lost my rip somewhere).
* various: an archive I found on one of my back up cd's: 16 different midi's that sound like unfinished versions of the retail ones and some others.
oh yeah, CBLOOD10.MID of retail/shareware SHOULD work (your file doesnt as you've noted) but it's cloned in here by name of blood 12.mid.
* various 2: an archive from Control-Z's page on planetblood: seems like a few beta ones, a few retail ones. I don't know, shareware ones perhaps?
it's a mixed bag. some from retail, some from alpha. redundant.
shareware 0.99 a,b,c seem to be lost in internet-oblivion.
hehe, a few chosen cultists here have it. :-)

anyway thanks for the upload anyway.

for some time i've been thinking of compiling that stuff myself. or maybe i should revive my blood II music project...
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow » Sun Aug 21, 2005 08:34 pm

still havent given it a listen yet, will do so later on today

i dont see how people have such a problem with rapidshare.de

goto the bottom, click on Free
wait 30 seconds
right click save target/link as and bam its downloading - at decent rates (im on dialup).
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain » Sun Aug 21, 2005 09:50 pm

They rule.

I love midi!!
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:04 pm

Thanks for the info.
So is the pack complete or not? Is there any significant stuff missing?

Also, would it be possible for those few chosen cultists to share their lost artifact? Or do you have to perform some testing ritual first? :P 'Cause I'll take it!
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:32 am

Thanks for the info. So is the pack complete or not? Is there any significant stuff missing?
yes, you indeed have the fullhouse. but as i said, some stuff is redundant.
Also, would it be possible for those few chosen cultists to share their lost artifact? Or do you have to perform some testing ritual first? 'Cause I'll take it!
ask willis, he may have shareware 0.99/099a (you can patch it then to get 99b, 99c) but if Willis doesn't have it at the moment, i'll upload it tomorrow.
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe » Mon Aug 22, 2005 02:25 pm

Ha many thanks.

*applauds for Gila*

I think I'm just going to wait for the upload as, looking/asking for Willis' mail adress, mailing Willis, waiting for reply, etc will just take a lot longer.

My goal is take out all the doubles and then record them. I guess that leaves me with 30-40 1.30 minute tracks so with a bit of luck I can just burn a whole CD with every piece of blood soundtrack available and use it in TF.

Also, instead of reviving the Blood 2, music project (which is fine by me), why don't you revive your old 'got blood' site? Seems like there's no place gathering the rarities anymore. :cry:
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila » Mon Aug 22, 2005 04:58 pm

that site was good for start but it sucked... plus, i don't have time writing all that stuff, explaining which rare item came from (like test screenshots of caleb sprite, etc.)

i'll just put up all that s*** there someday...
maybe tomorrow.

i planned to do alot with that site, like, having a section of "never used stuff" which was plenty in retail, etc... explanations how the harpoon gun became tesla, stuff like that. but it just so damn time consuming considering i have to write all that stuff, and put a nice design to it all.

also, i'll sort the midi files too... oh yeah and i dont think alpha blood themes are suitable for tf, i mean they are very nice treat for a blood fanatic, but then again, they are not in the vein of original blood midis.

edit

oh yeah, do you know by any chance any good straight-forward simple midi-editing program? i just need to name the blood midi tracks (so it will be like "Bass" insdead of "Track 10"), because i need that to do the proper importing midis to Guitar Pro so then i can learn how to play 'em? i had one, called midisoft studio 32bit 4.0 but it doesn't work in windows xp well, always crashes. :(
Last edited by Gila on Mon Aug 22, 2005 05:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aliendesaster

Post by Aliendesaster » Mon Aug 22, 2005 05:04 pm

oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe » Mon Aug 22, 2005 05:09 pm

Midi-sequencers
Hmm, I really like Cakewalk. I use Pro Audio and Sonar. Cubase vst is alot more popular, but I can't get the hang of though. I don't know your p2p skills, but pro audio 9.0 for instance is 5mb or something and easy to use. It also prints tabs and even has a guitar neck-screen and shows fingermovement realtime, and it just might have an export to Guitar Pro function. I know Sonar has it but that 700mbs.

Another name that comes to mind is noteworthy but I've never tried that.

And for the record, I would love some more info on scrapped Blood ideas. Preferably, everything! :D
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:32 am

Everything would be nice, because I wasn't old enough at the time to care about the unused parts of it I don't know any of it. Got Blood revival! :D