WinBlood updated

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

icecoldduke
Axe Zombie

Post by icecoldduke »

)))000((( wrote::shock: Hmmmmmmm.... Intereting! :) Still there is a s*** of work that needs to be done to make WinBlood Enjoyable... :?
If you would help it would get done faster :wink:, I think its making ok progress sense its only me and sirlemonhead.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

There aren't to many programmers out and about in the Bloodite ranks. Everything else is already done for you with the original Blood files.

Though I'm a little supised that Tim and Mathieu haven't made comment on your work yet. They were working on a Blood port for Ken Build before 3DRealms released Duke3D.
Elric
Cabal member

Post by Elric »

Cruaich wrote:Though I'm a little supised that Tim and Mathieu haven't made comment on your work yet. They were working on a Blood port for Ken Build before 3DRealms released Duke3D.
Our work was focused on reverse-engineering of the Blood file formats and creation of tools at that time. All our work (doc and source code) is now online on the ReBUILD page of TF development website. Actually, I know that WinBlood uses some pieces of code from "blud2b" to load the Blood maps, so our work has already been used ;)

Unfortunately, I don't think I will have any time to work on the ReBUILD before the next century, and my best guess is that Tim is a very busy man too, so we probably won't be able to bring much more to this project. Hence my lack of comments.

On a side note, I saw that Tim's converter page on PlanetDuke seems closed, so we may want to upload a recent copy of "map2map" to our CVS, since it's the only tool from that era we don't "host"
TheRadish
Axe Zombie

HOLY CRAPAMOLY

Post by TheRadish »

First of all, great job on the forums and site over all Willis. Its been along time since I've been out here, but returning to this was well worth the wait.

Second, this is great F***ing news! I have yet to try out the icecold version of blood yet, but I'm just so happy that someone has heard the cry for this game and is actually doind something with it. I wish that when I had lunch with Jason Hall 3 years ago I mentioned how much I was a fan of the game, but alas it was a business lunch and forgot. I just would've love to hear what he had to say on the matter.

Anyway, I'll be snooping around more often the hear the lowdown on Winblood.

Cheers
TheRadish
Axe Zombie

Post by TheRadish »

oh and um by the way, my blood mousepad is heating up. :twisted:

Post by Guest »

We uploaded a new screenshot showing our new underwater code using OpenGL.
http://blood32.sourceforge.net/phpbb2/v ... hp?p=71#71
icecoldduke
Axe Zombie

Post by icecoldduke »

Forgot I wasn't logged in blah.
)))000(((
Cultist

Post by )))000((( »

Nice! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
TheRadish
Axe Zombie

Post by TheRadish »

Very nice indeed :D ...... can't wait for some much needed old sprite Bloodmatch action.

Gimme gimme gimme
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Mr. Radish, I think that you will be pleased to know that with the newest commit.exe file, (v1.4) you can play original blood multiplayer over a tcp/ip link. I was delighted when I found this out. :) OOOHH! WE SHOULD PUT THAT ON THE BUILD XP PAGE!

-Slink
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

I luv it! Ivuv it!!!
TheRadish
Axe Zombie

Post by TheRadish »

Thank you for that information Mr. Slink. That would be good to know on the XP page.

I'm feeling a wild laugh coming into play, followed by an arterial blood spray.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

I DEMAND THOU REMOVE THY SHOTGUN FROM MY ANAL CAVITY! Sneaking up on me like that!

Yes, that should be on the BuildXP page.

Now, visit http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/groupx
also check out http://www.ebaumsworld.com

-Slink
deekaye

Winblood site down.. ?

Post by deekaye »

The Winblood site been down for a few days now, http://blood32.sourceforge.net I really hope this project does not go the way of the old winblood.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

There is a post over at The Postmortem that icecoldduke was just moving things to a new server and things may be down for a little bit.