Blood - Extra Crispy for BFS

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

VGames
Acolyte

Blood - Extra Crispy for BFS

Post by VGames »

Blood Extra Crispy is another mod created by me that will try and change things up once again for another classic game of my childhood. Expect more weapons, more fire modes, more gore, gameplay enhancements, and pretty much what's expected from yours truly. If you're looking for a fresh new experience with Blood then look no further. Thanks to Nightdive Studio's latest KEX engine release, Blood Fresh Supply has opened up a whole new world for Blood modding. Blood Extra Crispy is my attempt at kicking things off with a bang.

MODDB LINK: https://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-extra-crispy

NEW WEAPON SPRITES AND ENHANCEMENTS

NEW BLOOD SPLAT AND LEAKING SYSTEM

Last edited by VGames on Tue Sep 17, 2019 02:03 am, edited 7 times in total.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Re: Blood - Extra Crispy for BFS

Post by N0t_mINe »

W00t!

Saw the spell book and knew it's gonna be wild! :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :gargoyle:
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

N0t_mINe wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:35 am W00t!

Saw the spell book and knew it's gonna be wild! :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :gargoyle:
Yeah its pretty cool so far. Still haven't got the demon spawns in place. Hopefully I'll get that done this weekend.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

Looks interesting so far. I'm glad people are modding for Blood Fresh Supply.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

dosgamer000 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 01:11 am Looks interesting so far. I'm glad people are modding for Blood Fresh Supply.
Thank you. The bad thing is I think I'm the only one modding for it like this. I'm all alone on the scripting and it's tough. Still haven't got the demons to attack other enemies. Kaiser himself has been a little help with this stuff but his answers are vague and sometimes make me think it's not possible without the source. I'll keep at it or I'll replace the idea with something else. The Demon Mode that you can engage with the spell book is freaking awesome though. I also added a trench shotgun and it's definitely a game changer. Whole new way to play with shotgun shells. More videos coming soon.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

VGames wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 04:59 pm https://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-extra-crispy

Got the page up and going.
Hey, sorry to bug you like this, but I love the idea of those spawning demons, and I'd hate to see you settle for anything less. So at the risk of being the unskilled guy giving the skilled guy advice, is there any script for the plasma pack alt fire life leech that might help? It has a bit of ai, no melee attack, but it can spawn in response to player action, target enemies, and 'knows' not to move (hoping that non movement is a setting). I apologize if you've already been down this road with LL script.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Annnnnd, that was suppose to be a pm.

Everyone else close your eyes.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

I have tried using this already but it doesn't really work all that well although I've got some more ideas that I'm gonna try with it. We think alike.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

I've tried to create a 'new mod' thread at the steam forums, unfortunately it didn't go very well. If someone else who's actually allowed to post replies in a thread would like to take a crack at putting up something with a decent link, I would be most greatful. I've spent all the money I'm prepared to in order to post something. I'm too frustrated with their policies at the moment to make further attempts.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Don’t worry about it. I usually don’t ever post about my mods there. I did that for my Turok 2 Ascension mod and like 1 person replied.

Just to let u guys know I implemented actual projectile bullets for the player weapons last night. So hitscan bullets have been wiped out. The gameplay is very much different now but in a good way for both the player and the AI. :guns:
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Demon spawning is in when using the Grimoire Special Weapon. They work a lot like the spirits you spawn in Hexen with the Cleric's final cross weapon. It's awesome.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Haha! :guns: :bat: Great to hear it! Any clue as to what artwork will be used for the demon spawn? Also, does Kex render real voxels or does it turn them into MD2 models?
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

I’m using the fleshy gargoyles with invisibility enabled. They look perfect. I wanted that ghost look from Hexen but I wanted monsters similar to what u would see in Blood. Worked out great. Their melee slashes do 5 times more damage than the standard gargoyles and they shoot cerberus fireballs instead of those bones. They last for 15 seconds before disappearing. You spawn 7 of them at once.

Voxels are rendered in the KVX voxels format. Are u any good at painting voxels?
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

:D Do they sell voxel paint at AutoZone!?! :lol:

Sorry, I've lost the ability to distinguish between lame and semi-lame jokes recently.
I'm still without any gimp or Photoshop skills. Blood may or my not use voxels for shattered glass and ceramic ware as I recall (if those aren't sprites). If a md2 model could replace all gibs with a rotating, flat surface that always faces player, well, I'm probably assuming too much. Shards are animated sprites more than likely.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Gargoyle familiars sounds fitting btw :guns: !😎