Blood State of the Union Address (hint; not good)

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Re: Blood State of the Union Address (hint; not good)

Post by N0t_mINe »

BEAST wrote:
Thanks, man. I just checked out Elite Forces: WWII Iwo Jima, and it looks interesting. I'm guessing that you chose that game because of its ally NPC AI, and you want the other Chosen to function like the allies? I see the game also uses LithTech Talon, so I could see why you chose that game to do Blood 2.5 on.
[/quote]

You're welcome BEAST. The only more advanced lithtech engine than iwo's that can handle the abc 6 model format is sanity, which isn't a 1st person shooter. Also, I found out that iwo can read b2's map geometry, but not compiled maps. I never did figure out how to keep the iwo player from falling through a compiled map's floor. Iwo also has:

guraud shading that smooths the abc models considerably.

dx8 shaders

map script files that can be edited without compiling.

The big issue with lithtech is modern os's hate anything below dx9. I think the pics are still there, tell me if that's not case.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2587&start=30
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

N0t_mINe wrote:I hope we make this place a welcoming one for all, no matter what personal beliefs they have.
Its like the old joke.

A Marxist, an Apostolic United Pentecostal, someone with Aspergers, and a huge flying stone head (apparently) congregate on a forum. They talk about setting people on fire and shoving pitchforks into cultists in a video game. Everybody smiles.

...or am I telling it wrong? :?
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

Tchernobog wrote:
N0t_mINe wrote:I hope we make this place a welcoming one for all, no matter what personal beliefs they have.
Its like the old joke.

A Marxist, an Apostolic United Pentecostal, someone with Aspergers, and a huge flying stone head (apparently) congregate on a forum. They talk about setting people on fire and shoving pitchforks into cultists in a video game. Everybody smiles.

...or am I telling it wrong? :?
Oh, Tcherno my good lad, you are a wit! :D

The joke you just made sounds like a set-up for a spiritual successor to Blood 2: The Chosen. It could be called Transfusion: Four Weird Blood Fans Have Fun, and be combination of The Nameless Mod and classic Blood. It would involve us trying to save the Blood community against other hardcore game forum sites. And the last boss could be a hardcore Duke 3D editor who assumes the form of a giant zombified Duke Nukem. I like.
Last edited by BEAST on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Setting people on fire and shoving pitchforks into cultists...

We need more of this.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

VGames wrote:Setting people on fire and shoving pitchforks into cultists...

We need more of this.
Finally, someone who understands.

@Tcherno I've never quite followed that joke as many times as I've heard it. Where's the traveling salesman and the farmer's daughter? Aren't they important somehow?
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

N0t_mINe wrote:@Tcherno I've never quite followed that joke as many times as I've heard it. Where's the traveling salesman and the farmer's daughter? Aren't they important somehow?
They are the people we set on fire of course. :veryangry:
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

On the Doomworld topic BEAST was discussing, the most disappointing thing I seen on Doomworld was when one of the reviewers gave a terrible review of Aeons of Death. I respect his opinion but I felt he missed the mark by far on what that mod wanted to do. After that, I stopped taking the Cacowards as seriously as I used to (which wasn't that much but now I take everyone's review with a grain of salt.) On the argument bit, I try my best to avoid arguments of any kind on the internet because it's ultimately pointless. I don't have to talk or meet these people IRL and I can leave my feelings at the keyboard at anytime.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Ah yes, I did forget to mention the person who only upgrades his machine once every decade. He congregated to. :wink:
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

Tchernobog wrote:Ah yes, I did forget to mention the person who only upgrades his machine once every decade. He congregated to. :wink:
I think you are mistaken. I upgrade my PC once every dawn of a new species. A decade is way too soon and the only thing that will force me to upgrade my computer before then is, of course, the dream of a Blood revival becoming true. Which by the time that happens, I will probably be a skeleton. :phantasm: