You Can Mouselook in BLOOD 1

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

BEAST
Zealot

You Can Mouselook in BLOOD 1

Post by BEAST »

Discovered this awhile ago: in my GOG version ONE UNIT WHOLE BLOOD, I was able to mouselook like I would in a modern FPS. I rearranged my keys, and I can mostly play it modern-like. The only problem is that the mouselook is inverted from what I'm comfortable with, but I can't change it. Did other Bloodites know about this?
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Re: You Can Mouselook in BLOOD 1

Post by Tchernobog »

I was aware that there was some mouse-look capability, but never bothered to use it.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

I have always only used mouselook. Only way to fly. Moving with the mouse is so Doom and Wolfenstein... :P
da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

It is possible, but you can tell that the mouselook is not on par with the one in Quake, for instance. The X-Y ratio is a bit screwy, which may be partially a problem with the BUILD engine. Afaik there is no way of manipulating the X/Y mouse speed or acceleration. Having that would kind of rock, I imagine.

But yes, it is possible to play WASD. In the old days I much preferred playing keyboard-only and it wasn't until Quake II that I started the combo. Ahhh... the good ol' days.......
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

da_weezle wrote:In the old days I much preferred playing keyboard-only and it wasn't until Quake II that I started the combo. Ahhh... the good ol' days.......
Yeah, there definitely was a bit of a learning curve involved. Sad that them "kids" are never going to experience it the same. :P
Edmond Dantes
Axe Zombie

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Actually yeah you can adjust the mouse sensitivity in Blood 1. At least you can in the shareware DOS version.

It's in the setup program. Advanced mouse settings, "adjust X-Axis sensitivity" (there's also one for Y-Axis). I set them both to 4.00

There's also an in-game sensitivity setting but I find the one in Setup got better results.

Personally, I go all-keyboard in Doom-era games but in Quake and beyond I prefer the combo. Build engine games like Blood and Duke 3D occupy a weird place for me and I'm still not sure which setup I'm more comfortable with.
da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

WHY did I not know about this X/Y scaling? I guess I've only ever used the setup for Sound Blaster settings and the network configuration.
Edmond Dantes
Axe Zombie

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Yeah, I never knew about it either until I was playing Duke 3D and decided I needed Mouselook (just a few days ago).

Necessity is the mother of discovery, I guess.