Blood in 2D Style

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Blood in 2D Style

Post by Gila »

i've been thinking something like, um, 'duke nukem manhattan project meets castlevania symphony of the night' gameplay-wise but purely blood in graphics/sprites/enemies/textures/sound-wise. of course, in 2d! discuss!
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

I've seen neither of these two games, so I suppose I do not qualify. Forgive me, Gila!
Number II
Fanatic

Post by Number II »

Yeah, that would be nice. I haven't played Symphony of the Night (yet), but a Blood in Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project style could be good.

Jon came back to do Duke in Manhattan Project (and perhaps Forever?), maybe Stephan would come back to do Caleb?

Name, by the way?
Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

Dearest Gila, I believe you're not tryin' to steal someone's ideas. Anyway, we've already thought of making Blood 2d with Gamemaker or something. If anyone will support this idea, that'll be really GREAT!
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

The more Blood out there the better.

Gila, Hellen... I say you should both go for it. This way if one doesn't work there's another trying. It would be so awesome.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

i'm only planning. inspired by doom2d (russian mockery on doom), duke manhattan project, but mostly by symphony of the night. that leveling up system and items and overall process was great.
Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

I've played Duke Manhattan Project, and I can't say it much kick-ass. Just nice and simple. Simple as Contra (Konami's ol' game for Nintendo). But it's much better than Duke Nukem Forever, I'd say :)
And I still have this crazy thing - Doom 2d - in the depth of my HD. When I think of Blood 2d, I always remember that "something kinda game".
And what about making RPG based on Blood? With original or a brand new story.
Dopefish
Axe Zombie

Post by Dopefish »

If you decide to go through with Blood 2d, I could probably help a bit with some sprites if you need individual custom weapon sprites and the like. Anybody on the Postmortem forums may have seen a small bit of my pixelability.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

where show me
Dopefish
Axe Zombie

Post by Dopefish »

Gila wrote:where show me
Wouldst thou be referring to my pixelwork?

If so, contact me on AIM.

If you have no AIM, I can show you some other way. Possibly linking.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

go ahead, link
Dopefish
Axe Zombie

Post by Dopefish »

Gila:

Here we go now...

http://postmortem.edgegaming.com/phpBB2 ... c.php?t=48 <postmortem thread

http://dopefish138.deviantart.com/galle ... 5&limit=24 <DA gallery. Has some of my bigger or more prestigious stuff.

http://forums.bobandgeorge.com/viewtopic.php?t=1002 <BnG sprites thread(complete works, has a bit of stuff not elsewhere. Most of the links on the first 2 pages are dead)

http://www.ignition-one.com/giogio/foru ... .php?t=688 <GioGio forums sprite thread. Basically a simplified version of the BnG thread.
Dopefish
Axe Zombie

Post by Dopefish »

sorry for this double post, folks, but thought I should alert this if I want some attention.

Just created a small and quick sample of the sprite editing.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

that caleb with tommy looks good!
Dopefish
Axe Zombie

Post by Dopefish »

The main problem being that if Blood 2d was done, and done in the Blood sprite style, it would be near-impossible to include the other chosen or more enemies/characters that do not resemble the ones in the first Blood.

To a certain extent I guess I could do new weapons, but I'd need some good reference, really.