Blood The Reckoning

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Caleb88
Cultist

Re: My Blood 3

Post by Caleb88 »

hehe, no, not Half-Life-Crap! Btw, loading the map I just build only takes 2 seconds on an average PC!!!!
HalfLife does definitely NOT have this loading times^^ :guns:
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

That's the spirit! We all love Blood despite it's graphics not because of them. Lets keep that frame rate ridiculously high even on low end machines. :)

Question for caleb88:

Is it the flash format that makes the videos look like they have huge amounts of motion blur, or is that part of Ida's rendering as well?
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

TheDerangedOne wrote:The entire thing Looks nice, really nice, though the graphics look rather familiar, I keep thinking half life or half life 2.
It actually reminds me more of this somehow:
http://www.stonetrip.com/shiva-3d-engin ... -demo.html

Guess it was the Zombies. :)
Caleb88
Cultist

Post by Caleb88 »

N0t_mINe wrote:That's the spirit! We all love Blood despite it's graphics not because of them. Lets keep that frame rate ridiculously high even on low end machines. :)

Question for caleb88:

Is it the flash format that makes the videos look like they have huge amounts of motion blur, or is that part of Ida's rendering as well?
This motion blur-stuff is definitely the framerate of the video. And concerning framerates....I even get on my netbook, which is only made for surfing, 60FPS. A problem could maybe occur if you have a PC or notebook with an Intel Graphics Chip. But if you use AMD Radeon or NVIDIA-Stuff you are totally prepared for this! I am sill trying to improve the gameplay, is not that easy as it seems. And...it really takes a s*** of time to make maps, didn't think that it would be so much work! :banghead:
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

Yeah, mapping seems to be alot of work. I once tried to build a Doom map using Doombuilder and it went over my head. It would be nice if you could just picture the level in your head and everything works itself out. Great work as well, I'm impressed!
Last edited by dosgamer000 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 06:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Well, from my own personal experience Doombuilder can be a bit tricky. I had a better experience with Yadex back in the day.

Anyway... :P
Caleb88
Cultist

Post by Caleb88 »

I thought it is time to let you try out my first bloody work^^
I created a very little test map where you can walk around and shoot some first zombies. Just tell me what you like, what you don't like, what you think about the graphics, if it works good on your PCs, just to get a little experience of what the later game could look like. 8)

Happy testing,

Dowload here

ooh..just to know:
W,A,S,D for walking. SHIFT for running, CRTL for slower walking (can be used to walk very near to enemie's and kick them in the back)
Left mouse button for shooting
R for Reloading the gun
E for kicking!!!! Enemies can be kicked to death^^

greetings, Caleb88
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Kicking them to death was pretty funny.

Nice work.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

System :

Dell optiplex gx280
2.8Ghz p4 intel cpu
GFX card nivida fx 5200 using force ware drivers

OS
Win xp 32bit home ed sp3

result: blues screen of death on both attemps.

Game renders briefly after loading. Floor, creates and coffin have properly rendered textures while player model and hostiles do not. I wasn't able to record the first error message.I did get a piece of the last one:

IRQL not less or equal

0x804E4223
Caleb88
Cultist

Post by Caleb88 »

N0t_mINe wrote:System :
Dell optiplex gx280
2.8Ghz p4 intel cpu
GFX card nivida fx 5200 using force ware drivers
0x804E4223
Maybe this is because of the multithreaded texture-loader I made for the engine. It loads parts of the level-textures while playing to save time on the loading screen and memory. You said you use an intel P4, so no multi-core. Possibly the software awaits 2 or more cores. I will do my best to fix this...and maybe test it on an older system on my own before uploading next time^^
Thanks anyway for testing.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

The bad news: Chromium said your file was malicious. I ignored it, but I thought that you should know.

The good news: It runs through WINE perfectly. Was able to walk about, shoot, kick, and generally kill things.

System Specifications:
Distribution: Fedora 16 Linux
Kernel: Linux 3.2.7
Graphics Driver: R600 Gallium3D Driver
Desktop Environment: Xfce with composting
WINE Version: 1.3.37

Hardware Specifications:
Processor: AMD Sempron 140 2.7 Ghz
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 4670
Memory: 4 Gigabytes
Hard Drive: 2 TB Western Digital Caviar Green

It started at a stable 100 fps, but soon dropped down and stayed at 44 fps.
Last edited by Tchernobog on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Caleb88
Cultist

Post by Caleb88 »

The cool thing is I didn't know what wine is, now I read about it...now I know. Good to know that it works on Linux too with this. The FPS should normally stay at 60FPS...normally^^ Let's see, the programm is in an early stage, so a lot of changes left to be done.

My plan now is to create a larger map with triggers, sounds, animations and everything that is cool, even if it takes long, which it will definitely do^^. And then based on this map I will add new guns, items, cultists and a better version of the zombies. I am highly motivated to finish this project with some cool maps. :guns:

Or if somebody of you wants to be creative, I will also give away the map editor for the game.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Yeah, well, the FPS drop definitely seems to be the game. This time it dropped from 100 all the way to 0, and yet it was still playable in that I could move around - the zombies stopped moving and responding to stimuli however.

So still a few problems to be wrinkled out. Nice work overall though. :)
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Tchernobog wrote:Yeah, well, the FPS drop definitely seems to be the game. This time it dropped from 100 all the way to 0, and yet it was still playable in that I could move around - the zombies stopped moving and responding to stimuli however.

So still a few problems to be wrinkled out. Nice work overall though. :)
A freeze up you say? First the baddies and then the player model? That's exactly what I encountered before the blue screen of death on my 2 attempts. It works for about 10 seconds and then the slow freezes kick in. Wine is a windows emulator so this is definitely a windows problem.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

I didn't seem to have any problems with FPS or slowdowns.

Windows 7 (64Bit)
5GB RAM
Intel Core Duo2 CPU
Nvidia GeForce 8600GT Driver ver:8.17.12.7533

Any way you can get the engine to spit out some type of log file?