Blood2 extra-crispy, new mod

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

VGames
Acolyte

Re: Blood2 extra-crispy, new mod

Post by VGames »

I want you guys to be the first to see my new trailer for Blood 2 Extra Crispy V5.0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgcfktangtk
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Pure awesomeness!!!

I wish this damn cold would clear up so I could get out from under these blankets.
Warning: If you go to an er, your gonna get sick, especially if you hang out in a busy waiting room.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Is this a Shogo weapon I see before me? :P
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

3 to be exact.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Awesome work!

Also, I love how youtube links a bunch of fried chicken videos as similar :lol:
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Thanks. I laughed at the fried chicken links too. So funny.

Mod is fixing to be released. I'm so excited.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

I will be uploading version 5 today after work. I am very excited to get it out there. I didn't intend to work on this mod version for so long. :evillaugh:

I think I've gone a little mad. Hope u guys like it. Its one of the hardest games to mod without a doubt.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Just got done uploading the mod. Waiting for authorization.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-2-the-c ... tra-crispy
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Sorry for yhe lack of input the last 6 weeks or so VGames. I've finally got the dreaded nVidia card back in my jalopy pc. Works great, but Id rather have ati for lithtech. Ill have to reinstall b2, everytime curiousity leads me to dedit, something weird happens to the collision syst. Player becomes a bobbing miget.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

That's ok. I think you'll like the final release of version 5. Sadly my mod has still not been headlined at ModDB. I've sent an email on day one of the release asking to be recognized and headlined so hopefully somebody will respond or the mod will get headlined. It was actually ranked at 34 at one point. Never expected that. I'm not expecting a huge turn out in downloads but I am hoping this will draw more people to the Blood community. I've had nothing but good feedback so far. Extensive beta testing has paid off. :evillaugh:
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

2 new news updates have been headlined at Moddb. Mine is nowhere to be found. So disappointed. Was really hoping to see Caleb on the front page. Blood 2 always gets the shaft.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

So the mods been out for almost a full week and not one bit of feedback from u guys on it. I would love to hear any comments that u guys have about version 5. I expected to hear from u guys by now.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Well, I had no internet for most of the day, and I am in the middle of calving season. I have not really had the time.

I will look into it sometime this week.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Hello VGames, allow me to start by saying you have every right to feel let down by this community. On the surface it looks as if Blood is off to a good start this year, we have the Revelations release, followed by your own fairly extensive mod. And yet I can't escape the sense that lithtech has burned us one more time- perhaps for the last time. The Revelations release was bare of any code or those plugins that were mentioned. Windows 10 is going to increase the amount of emulation required for lithtech games, The technical problems faced by blood2 seem as if they are getting worse faster than we can generate work-arounds to fix them. My feeble attempts to contact an actual license holder of one version of lithtech feel as if they were brushed away.

To make matters graver still, there is a whole community of mappers for Blood that we have only the weakest of ties to. They churn out 20, maybe 30 maps a year for classic blood, and if one of them were to say hi to me on facebook, I wouldn't even recognize him/her.

So no- it isn't your fault nor does it reflect on the quality of your hard work and dedication VGames. It's a p*** poor environment we find ourselves in, and I'm pretty sure that if there's a way out, it will come from agknowledging the issues we face and facing them together or this sense of drifting will only become our 'new normal'. I don't know about you, but I'm sick to death of new normals.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

I downloaded it but have not been able to get to it. Between work and school this time of year I barely have time to sleep. I'm looking forward to checking it out.