Blood2 extra-crispy, new mod

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Re: Blood2 extra-crispy, new mod

Post by N0t_mINe »

I know, it's another plug for shogo, but I have to try. VGames, wirh the posibility of new maps for b2, would it be better to go with shogo at this point? Melee attack dependant ai would still be a mess, but our shoot outs would be a thousand times more tolerable. Oh hell that would be equal all the work done so far. Pretend I didn't post this.

:(
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

LOL like u mean switch to Shogo for this mod? That would be a lot of work. Or did u mean make a mod for Shogo? Maybe i should have pretended to not read your post like u said.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

XD...

Either way would mean starting from scratch, so I'll stick with option 3. I'm too lazy to erase it, so I'm counting on everyone not to read my above post.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

There was a post?
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

I've heard about rumors concerning some sort of post, but I haven't heard the actual rumor itself. We'll just have to wait and see what comes of these acusations.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

When we find the poster, I say we scalp em, then we tattoo em, then we hang em, and then we kill em.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

And then what?
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

I keep trying to get this mod to work, and even after adding a Custom folder, my version of the game still can't tell that the mod is there.

I've got the GOG.com version. It didn't have a custom folder, so I added one. I put the files in, and it can't read it.

Is there something in the installation instructions that am missing, or does the GOG.com version have some technicalities attach to it?
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

Nevermind. Got it working properly this time. The launch window allowed me to cutsomize the game. I just discovered it now.

Damn good job, mod team!
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Thanks. My beta testers really made it easier for me to tailor a well balanced mod that would appeal to the majority. I'm very proud to be a part of the Blood community. I think this mod really does make the Blood 2 experience much better over all. I think it has now become its own complete mod even though it was based on the FX Enhancer mod. I've changed so much of what Tren did I sometimes forget that this mod was spawned from his. I plan on adding more to it in the future but i really need to learn more about the source. Hopefully by the time I get around to working on the next release there will be somebody willing to help me code. My source has been downloaded over 10 times now so hopefully that will lead to more help when the time comes.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

I FINALLY got some time to play a little bit of EC 5.0 today. I didn't get very far but I played through Pickman St. Station and Lafayette Museum. LOVE the cultists! The MOD really makes the game more polished IMO. I haven't gotten to see the new weapons yet so I can't wait. I did notice that both on Nightmares and regular B2 that all the civilians are missing. Maybe I missed it, but was this intended?
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

I might have found a bug with the Howitzer. I love the adjusted damage but when I equip it, I get a blocked out section at the top of the screen:
Below is a normal pic with the flare guns:

Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

I Live...AGAIN wrote:I FINALLY got some time to play a little bit of EC 5.0 today. I didn't get very far but I played through Pickman St. Station and Lafayette Museum. LOVE the cultists! The MOD really makes the game more polished IMO. I haven't gotten to see the new weapons yet so I can't wait. I did notice that both on Nightmares and regular B2 that all the civilians are missing. Maybe I missed it, but was this intended?
The Civilians were replaced by Cultists.

The amount of Cultists that get spawned for me, at least when playing at Homicide, I must admit are starting to get troubling. The maps were really not made to handle them, so they always get spawned in clumps, or on top of one another, and the further I get into Extra Crispy the more they are starting to really clog up the game for me. Which is a shame, as it makes the gunplay less important and forces you to do a lot more corner hugging.

I get that you were trying for the Serious Sam school of mowing through hundreds of enemies VGames, but these maps were not really made for it.

A little less might be more.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

The corner-hugging style tcherno described above is my play style, run'n gun is only for mop up operations or ammo saving. I know that makes me atypical, but around-the-corner, time-delay type weapons are one of the reasons I love the Blood franchise so much.

@tcherno: put up with the human spam enemies, I wish there was some way to give them granades. The new shroud might make it worth while.

I say that because EC is trying to implement a new balance, one that makes you reach for the weapons b2 players say they like more often, while de-emphasizing the ones that get boring (bullet spam).
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

@ ILA, we saw that bug in testing, it's a intermitant little creep that's hard to reproduce. What your seeing is the actual skin of the weapon. I believe it has something to do wirh duel weilding, Vgames had to remove part of the human arm that was showing.