Repeat CD track music?

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

eVolution
Axe Zombie

Repeat CD track music?

Post by eVolution »

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a way to edit bloods' configuration file to have the CD track music repeat once it's ended?

Thanks in advance.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

doesn't it just repeat by default?
eVolution
Axe Zombie

Post by eVolution »

No. Once the song ends it just stops. Unless I'm wrong and it normally repeats, then IDK what the problem may be. All I know is I'm using Dosbox for the CD drive.

I'd like to be able to lower the CD music volume as well, but nothing I've tried worked. (edited blood.cfg and messed with different options to no avail)
No One
Axe Zombie

Post by No One »

At me the same problem. Music doesn't repeat. :(
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

okay, you guys are using DOSBox. Are you using the GoG build or are you mounting a folder through standard DOSBox?

I've noticed that music will loop for me in the GoG version, tho it will konk out every now and again.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

I bought the game through GoG and it did the same thing to me. Sometimes the music would loop and then it would just stop playing. I just edited the DOSBox config to remove the commands that make it play the music so that it just uses MIDI instead. I really would like to fix the CD music, though.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I suppose that you could just copy multiple tracks into the same file. ie:

copy /b track2.ogg+track2.ogg+track2.ogg track2-long.ogg

would make a single file that repeats 3 times. It might still konk out occasionally, but it would sound like it's looping for the length of the 3 merged tracks. Also, the file would be 3 times as long and it might mess with the cue sheet.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

After experimenting a bit...

I guess I wasn't paying attention when the music craps out. It does seem to play only once.

Well, I tried doing the COPY /B and it didn't work out that well. It still plays but it only plays for the first 3 minutes or so, even tho it should be 9 minutes.

So... I opened up the OGG in Audacity and did a copy/paste/paste and exported it as a new, longer OGG. DOSBox recognizes it and it plays the full length of the 9 minute file.

I know it's a hack job and takes up more hd space. But it works... for 3 repetitions.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

DustyStyx wrote:After experimenting a bit...

I guess I wasn't paying attention when the music craps out. It does seem to play only once.

Well, I tried doing the COPY /B and it didn't work out that well. It still plays but it only plays for the first 3 minutes or so, even tho it should be 9 minutes.

So... I opened up the OGG in Audacity and did a copy/paste/paste and exported it as a new, longer OGG. DOSBox recognizes it and it plays the full length of the 9 minute file.

I know it's a hack job and takes up more hd space. But it works... for 3 repetitions.
Hahaha it's better than it was! I think it's a fair trade-off. Did the original Blood run in DOS not repeat CD tracks? I seem to recall... well, I can't recall. lol