Flat Cultist Glitch?

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Callum Sanderson
Axe Zombie

Flat Cultist Glitch?

Post by Callum Sanderson »

I noticed on "The Overlooked Hotel" map, by this stair case there is 2 cultists and 1 fanatic that seem to be a little wider than the other cultists.

They are also flat like paper when you walk around them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVikIELZjWE

only these 3 are like that none of the others.. Was this a glitch? or where they scripted to be like ghosts for the map o.o I've tried with my version of Blood on CD and GoG version and it happends on them both.

Delibarete or a Glitch ?
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

My all time fav blood bug.

For unknown reasons the developers decided to stick the cultist sprite onto a moving sector, then they left their little experiment in game. At least that's the explanation I've heard. Follow that dude around and you'll find he can't go far. Stay behind him and he can't shoot or see you.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I always napalm the hell out of that particular hallway, mostly to watch the stair way explode with guts and gore.
joppe38
Rat

Post by joppe38 »

I didn't notice that when I played the game first time. Now I know. Thanks for the video!
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Hahah I remember that shythe.
-ED
Cabal member

Post by -ED »

As far as i remember it's easy to reproduce. All you need to do is try changing size of a monster in mapedit. As i understand while monster is in default state - it acts OK as a "3D" sprite. Try to resize it - and engine treats it as an object. Object however runs around, screams and shoots:)
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

-ED wrote:As far as i remember it's easy to reproduce. All you need to do is try changing size of a monster in mapedit. As i understand while monster is in default state - it acts OK as a "3D" sprite. Try to resize it - and engine treats it as an object. Object however runs around, screams and shoots:)
I thought all you had to do was change it to a "flat" / "wall" sprite. Nay?