OnRPG, other Bloodmods, The world of a Cultist come to life

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Wrim
Cultist

OnRPG, other Bloodmods, The world of a Cultist come to life

Post by Wrim »

So I've been doodling with OpenRPG which, if you've never heard of it, is an Internet application that allows people to play Role Playing Games in real-time over the Internet. It's fully customizable and blah blah blah dice and charts and whatever. This is what it could look like:

Over the years I've been looking into modding other games to fit the Blood-universe, such as Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol, MUDs, Rouge-like games and that Lokemundux Cruo demo I made a while back.

The reason I've been doing this is mostly because I've always wanted to take the role as a Cultist and go through the daily perils of worshipping the Tchernobog and keeping the zombies out of the brain-storage and whatnot.

While playing Blood I've come upon moments where the enemies seem to have been roaming free as if they've had their own goals to fulfill. Maybe I've been playing this game for too long...

OnRPG has a learning-curve so I'm no expert with it. Maybe there's a better program to do this? My dream would be to experience the Blood-Universe and go through the various ranks of the Cabal because I've always felt that this is an angle that could be developed further.
OR why not live as a Zombie for a day? Or an Innocent Citizen? Or maybe even a Rat?

Sorry if this was bit of a rant, but this is one of the few things I'm really passionate about.

If you know of a better program to use, or if you're just interested in trying OnRPG one night, please leave a comment!
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

I'm in the mood for another blood flash game myself.
dchriz01
Rat

Post by dchriz01 »

Well done, I very much appreciated it. Looking forward to have see a pictures from you again. Goodluck dude, keep it up.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Nice concept screen Wrim. The animations on the Blood help screen always made it look like Blood would make a kickass side-scroller. An RPG would be fun too.

Obligatory note: So long as it stays a "concept" I won't have to move it into the xenoBlood group.
Wrim
Cultist

Post by Wrim »

Oh of course! :D I'm more interested in discussing Blood in a RPGish-environment than to actually arrange a project. Just a concept, nothing more :oops:
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Ah, Mr. Dancing Cultist Dude is posting again! :)
Callum Sanderson
Axe Zombie

Post by Callum Sanderson »

Nice! I'd love to play this.

Yeah their own goals, playing from their point of view when Caleb busts open a door tommy guns ablaze and firing at him.

Anyway nice to see another game made in the Blood's universe.
another program Rpg maker 2003 may be suitable?
Maligned
Axe Zombie

Post by Maligned »

Not bad, sir! I'm a big RPG fan.

Reminds me of the old AD&D games and Ultima Online.

You could go a long way with this.
Wrim
Cultist

Post by Wrim »

Another mock-up of a RPG-ish styled game, this time in Web Browser form.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

A Level 2 Sitting Corpse? Now I'm scared... :shock:
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Doesn't Caleb absorb life essence? I know it isn't displayed anywhere in Blood, but it'd be interesting game mechanic.
Wrim
Cultist

Post by Wrim »

It's actually an available trait in the script I used. It's used in the Vampire class but it could be easily changed to "Chosen" :)

I mean... this is only a concept... of course >_>
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Wrim wrote:It's actually an available trait in the script I used. It's used in the Vampire class but it could be easily changed to "Chosen"
Yeah, it is amazing how the whole Life Essence thing has actually made so many people think that Caleb is a vampire... guess they never thought of reading the readme.txt file. :roll:

At any rate, if this ever does become more than just a "concept", I would be more than happy to start a preliminary article on the Blood Wiki for you. That way people can follow your progress there if it becomes to big for here.
Wrim
Cultist

Post by Wrim »

That would be awesome! I've been waiting to get my name in there somehow :twisted:

Though I'm not sure how much I should let people know in here... I don't want to break any rules.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Tchernobog wrote:Yeah, it is amazing how the whole Life Essence thing has actually made so many people think that Caleb is a vampire... guess they never thought of reading the readme.txt file. :roll:
Yeah, I thought that odd as well. It doesn't appear to be what keeps Caleb animated. Tho, it does have regenerative properties for him, but a doctors bag works just as well. The life leech and voodoo doll seem that they could run on life essence, but they don't share the same ammo, so it's not really clear.

An interesting mechanic would be to track how many kills Caleb has racked up and use that to influence Caleb's final battle with Tchernobog.

Wrim, I think we can talk about development ideas till we are blue in the face. I draw the line when there is a gameplay video, a webpage, or a demo release. Your screenshot above could just be a mockup, how am I to tell? There is the possibility that you could get approval to use the Blood materials from Atari as Transfusion did or you could mod Transfusion into the game you want it to be. DarkPlaces is extremely versatile. You don't have to use it for a FPS, just look at Blood Omnicide or Steel Storm