Moderator: General Discussion Moderators
All 3 years I did a single map Ghost Of Family Killer (it brings in New Alone In The Dark add-on). I learned a lot, greatly raised their level. There is no need for me tolerate lack of interactivity and lack of design. And I learned more most number of MAPEDIT tricks than ever before.
Now I'm going to look at the past and try to take out a single thing. This is add-on Sect War - cult because of the many additions to gameplay using sectors and switches. Basically all talking about this because of the level of the chase by cars. It was release forced mapmakers to add bosses, interesting puzzles and other unusual items.
History note (my works):
1. The Secta (fist release of this add-on, mapmaker's fist start in 2003)
2. Sect War (remake of The Secta, any maps i strongly updated, any added, it version you see, 2006 year)
3. Old Friend (remake of Charmed's Old Friend - 35 maps of his 75 s*** I tried to do better in terms of design, 2006)
4. New Alone In The Dark (last map "Ghost Of Family Killer" that i maked three years, 2010 year)
Sect War is add-on of my life! But it had a very bad disadvantage. Lack of design, disgusting maps, over-complexity. I decided to rectify the situation and issue a new add-on for Blood based on Sect War. The quality of it will be much higher, and I swear to do everything what i can and to make upper their level to level of map Ghost Of Family Killer.
1. I will delete 11 maps and take only 9 - less well looking - and will continue to work on them. More special effects, better detail, a pleasant and interesting gameplay. I'll do it all.
2. Story was changed. Now S.E.C.T. a political party Safe Economic Campaign Tactics. Will highlight the crisis theme. I'll record the dialogues in English and will run the sound with message subtitles.
3. Some weapons and enemies will be added like in TC.
I hope add-on S.E.C.T. remove from my damnation of Old Friend and you'll love this.
I'll try to finish for 3 months to 6 months. The project will be called S.E.C.T. (Safe Economic Campaign Tactics). High quality products guaranteed!
- Tchernobog's Love Child
- Posts: 1326
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 07:30 am
- Location: Rural Alberta, Canada
Good luck on your project.
I know, I know, It's only a couple of weapons and you could theoretically claim fair use and say it's part of "interactive video game commentary", but then you get stories like "Men-at-work, sued for using bars from an obscure song written in 1930" and you have to think..."maybe it's a bad idea"
Anyway, because certain parties would not stop bitching about who stole what from who, I've just painted the whole mess in a broad brush of "f***-it-all".
If it's not original content (stuff you created yourself), if it's not something that's clearly stated that you can use (GPL, Creative Commons, etc.) and it's not directly from Blood, it's probably best to just avoid using it.
Opensources and free packs of content, licenses...You know what matters this words?
1. It free project and i can add any i want. It's not for sale.
2. It isn't content of this games or blood, it's just badly created screenshots.
Content is models or textures (normalmaps and any). If take this in source and paste to Quake3, yes it's a stolen. But if i make shots from youtube, what i can't paste this?
But if I have to cut it black and white, and wear the Transfusion moderator hat... It's actually pretty easy if you follow the three rules stated previously.
Anyway, good luck with your project LifeKILLED. See if you can get some slightly different sprites that aren't converted screen-shots.
It'll be great if you can model up some original vWeps and then render the animations for sprites in Blood. I'd love to see your results! Just be sure to make them different enough to not be confused with the screen-shot rips, or base them off of a real world object. It's kind of hard for anyone to argue what you've done if you show them pictures of the actual fire axe you picked up at the local hardware store to model it on.