All hosted File planet files are going to be removed.

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Mic
Axe Zombie

All hosted File planet files are going to be removed.

Post by Mic »

Once again gamespy/fileplanet has sent me a crappy letter. They plan to take down all hosted fileplanet files. I guess all the ones uploaded via fileplanet should be ok, but any subsite such as planetblood.com now are going to be gone forever and ever...

Do we already have a back up of all these files or do we need to find another way to back them up?
Dear Mike,

We are contacting you as at one time you were an IGN Hosting user.

Before retiring the service, we indicated that files uploaded to FilePlanet would remain downloadable even after the retirement of the IGN Hosting service. Unfortunately, we are unable to continue maintaining this service, and are having to disable these download pages. To clarify, these are all the download pages that have URLs beginning with "http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx?/hst/" (that is, files uploaded via ftp://fphosted.gamespy.com/). *This does not affect Planet site files, only hosted site files.*

If you need a copy of your files, please send an e-mail to oysterhelp@rt.ign.com *within the next seven days*, clearly stating your old FTP username (which can be found from the URL of a file, for example, the username associated with http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx ... k/file.zip is "phrozenk").

We apologise for having to stop supporting this service, and also for the short notice. Please can I stress that you contact oysterhelp@rt.ign.com *within the next seven days* should you need a copy of your files, as automatic snapshots of the directories are not kept for much longer than that.

Thanks,
IGN Hosting
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

I sent a PM to Reactor. Not sure but hopefully he can help.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

EEEK!

Good luck getting all the files backed up.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Good luck to anybody working on recovering from this, I can not help like I have been trying to do with other Plant Blood assets unfortunately, as I do not have a FilePlanet account and would have no place to host files even if I did get them. I hope that we will not lose anything more than we already have due to this... :(
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Too late, everything hosted is gone :(

At least we have the Blood-wiki pages thanks to Tchernobog and the Internet-Archive pages (even though they are slow) which you can get to from the Blood-Wiki site.

http://blood.wiki-site.com/index.php/Planet_Blood